we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By fredgarvin
  • 2 Post By Matt Meltzer
  • 1 Post By fredgarvin
  • 2 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: Juvia

Default Juvia

So I'm about to embark on a quick Spring jaunt to Miami. You know; spectating top notch tennis, and hanging loose in KB.

That means I'm open to dinner at SoBe.

It just so happens that April edition of T&L touts a place called Juvia. At first I thought it queer to take liberties with the spelling of "rain." Why go there ?

The heading read; " where the people are just as pretty as the food."

Reading further you get; A show stopping "living wall" by horticultural artist Patrick Blanc forms a backdrop for the equally photogenic array of models and scenesters nibbling danty on crudity the top of 1111 Lincoln Road-perhaps the trendiest parking lot in the world juviamiami.com .

The above quote is no joke. Page 88 in April's edition of Travel & Leisure.

Can someone just give me a heads up when Umami opens up in SoBe ?

In the meantime, we'll just go to a burger joint in Doral. :-)

Default Re: Juvia

I saw the title of the tread and read it as Juvia (who-via) I also am not a fan of people playing with the spelling of words, but if the foods good then who cares.

I think Fred Garvin gives Juvia a thumbs up, and Matt Meltzer gives it a thumbs down. So, it gets mixed reviews. - Glenn

The food is NOT good. It's meh, and not even close to worth the price. As I said in my article, with so many actually-giid restaurants in Miami now there is absolutely no reason to waste your money on places that try and sell a "scene" or "experience."

Khong River House, Yardbird, Eating House, Blue Collar. Go down the list. Any of those are 100 times better in terms of food AND experience. Avoid Juvia like the plague.

I would need to visit some of the places on your list Matt, but I did get to make it to Yardbird and man was I happy. And as far as a burger goes I really enjoy a Diablo Burger from B&B.

So, I need to chime in here.

Juvia is a 'purpose' destination.

I am quite found of Khong River. A great meal! great time!

The chicken at Yardbird was fantastic! Loved it! But was it worth 400% MORE than the price of my FAVORITE chicken on the beach at Joe's Take Away, I'm not convinced. Incidentally, the Miami New Times seems to agree naming Joe's also as their favorite fried chicken.

Favorite place to eat, for me that's easy, Prime 112--never had anything less than a stellar meal-- and favorite casual Big Pink!

Now Juvia, its a purpose place. Recall that Fred Garvin is a professional, he knows! If I am looking for a place with a view, where all is beautiful, that's Juvia. (its the one place I'm convienced I've seen fellow professionals.)

Its a great 'date' place where small plate meals are tastee and will not fill you up so one can enjoy the rest of their night's activities.

So, if one is looking for a great 'date' destination, with beautiful views, beautiful food that will not interfere with an evenings activities, yes go to Juvia! It is a good time and a good, unique experience!
    GandJ and PinkFlaming0 like this.

Everyone here needs to get the joke.....Fred Garvin, at least the old SNL character our friends from Milwaukee has taken as his screen name, is a MALE PROSTITUTE.

So, basically, Fred is saying it's a great date place, if you happen to be a hooker. Which, many of the people you see there are. Because it's overpriced and not that good and a place to be "seen," yes, if you're taking a hooker to dinner (first off, WTF are you doing taking a hooker to dinner?!) it's a good spot.

I just want to explain that so that nobody thinks he's actually recommending that piece of crap.
    GandJ and PinkFlaming0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post

I just want to explain that so that nobody thinks he's actually recommending that piece of crap.
    Lets be clear, it is one of the only places that I have seen what appears to be working women (and I may be wrong) in the bar.

That being said, it really isnt all that bad. It is an appropriate consideration for a first date or a get to know each other evening where ambiance and view are perhaps more important than the food.

Do consider that I had no problem with the food or service but I have heard from people I respect that they have had terrible food and service---there is NO excuse for this.

Buyer beware, but there is much potential and when this place is 'on,' it has the potential for being fantastic.

Finally GO WARRIORS! 'Canes went down, down down down!
    GandJ likes this.

it's is possible go to Juvia just for a Cocktail??

Yes it is. They have a long bar behind the outdoor tables you can sit at for drinks. Or a main bar inside you can sit at.
    fredgarvin and GandJ like this.

Thumbs up Re: Juvia

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_ View Post
    it's is possible go to Juvia just for a Cocktail??
    Certainly!!!!

thanks guys...