Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Review of Biscayne Tavern - A Nice Surprise in Downtown!

Having just relocated to Downtown Miami from the beach, my foodie self & wife have been looking for a new dinner spot near our building on 2nd Ave. We saw they had Happy Hour from 3pm-7pm with $5 drinks and food items so we thought we'd give it a shot.

Location: Right on Biscayne Blvd inside the newly renovated B2 hotel. Parking in the lots in front of the building or valet or garage about 1/2 block down. Opened about 5 Months ago. Received approval from the city to have tables & chairs with retractable awning on Biscayne Blvd for outdoor seating.

After sitting down at the wood tables and seeing all the whiskey concoctions, I immediately thought of Yardbird. It had the same type feel but without the over the top entrees or apps. The Korean wings were excellent and are served grilled which is hard to find in Miami (I love Grilled Wings from Gator's Dockside in Orlando). The server was very knowledgeable and insisted we try the cookies which are homemade and they were amazing! The manager, Will, came over and introduced himself and invited us back for an evening with our clients. It just so happened we had a client who was having a birthday and were thinking all week where we could take them. They are foodies also and wanted to go somewhere they hadn't been before. Will made us a reservation for Friday night.

We arrived last night and had a nice booth reserved for us, which was a nice touch. The Manager on Duty, Nathan, was very friendly and came over immediately to say hi to us. The server, George, was very personable and knew the whole menu, front & back. I think my wife asked him 40 questions as well as his recommendations. They offer weekly specials and unfortunately it wasn't Monday as they have homemade fried chicken with watermelon chutney! (He said its better than yardbird so we'll be returning in a few weeks to compare). Our clients arrived and they ordered some Miami Spice items ($33 each) (Kale Caesar, Rack of Ribs, Seared Ahi, Blue Crab Cake Sliders, Key Lime Pie, Homemade Cookies). The birthday girl ordered the meatloaf with bleu cheese mash ($19) and I ordered the Reuben ($14.5) and my wife got the Chicken Club Sandwich ($13).

To Rank the items, I'd say the Ribs were the best (better than yardbird & chilis), Meatloaf , Chicken Club, Reuben, Crab Sliders. I'm not a fan of seared Ahi or Kale.

We were there for about 2.5 hours and George was very friendly and entertaining all night. Manager came over several times to see if we were having a good time and the bartender who was leaving for the night even stopped by for 10 mins or so. It definitely had that neighborhood feel but still maintained a very classy atmosphere.

Management bought a piece of 7 layer chocolate cake for my b-day client and did the birthday song (nice touch).

I'd give the location, service, and atmosphere an A+. Food prices about a B, Quality an A, Overall rating of an A.

Definitely go there for the Happy Hour specials, weekly specials, or a date night. Its not a large space so make sure you do a reservation. They also have several flat screen TVs for sports and even a large table in front of a bank of 6 TVs with all different sports on with a bar in the center of the space.

Default Re: Review of Biscayne Tavern - A Nice Surprise in Downtown!

Only a guy from Orlando would say "I'd say the Ribs were the best, better than Chilis" But they don't stack up against Tony Roma's, right?

I love Biscayne Tavern, those cookies are probably my favorite part. You barely even mentioned the Beer selection there, which is probably the best downtown next to DRB. Service has always been good, of course I've never gone when it was busy.

We may be throwing another Happy Hour there soon, so stay tuned.

Default Re: Review of Biscayne Tavern - A Nice Surprise in Downtown!

Good advertising, Marc. I drove by last night and decided to stop in for cookies.