Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Good Steakhouses in Miami

Default Re: Good Steakhouses in Miami

Since we're talking about meat... you guys notice how expensive meat has gotten lately ?

I rarely go out for steak in Miami because I got an inexpensive, non-pretentious chop chop near me in CFL. If you ever come up to Orlando, a trip to Manny's is worth it and likely better than down south.

https://www.mannyschophouse.com/

There is no reason Miami can't have a regular steak house that caters to mid-income people and families. They always have to try to out do each other with the glitz.

You make a very good point--certainly no shortage of high end steakhouses in Miami. Curious as to who eats there more often--locals or tourists.

We have a farm to table concept out here in CA called Tender Greens (small chain) that serves healthy, restaurant quality food cafeteria style with silverware and nice plates....I typically get a sliced steak (always cooked a perfect medium rare--see my earlier rant), with a choice of 2 sides (usually garlic mashed potatoes and caesar salad), slice of toasted bread, and healthy drink (i.e. kale lemonade) for under $15 and it is excellent quality all around. Other dishes as well, such as chipotle chicken, seafood, salads, at reasonable prices....sounds like there is demand for such a place in FL, especially at their prices.

http://www.tendergreens.com/

Sounds amazing. We'll be the last place in the country to get it. Like we are with everything.

Zuma does a lot that I don't like. A friend tried to book a large party there for her birthday a couple of weeks ago and they told her she HAD to use their private dining room. She said ok then they said there was $3000 minimum. She said ok. Then they told her they HAD to do a tasting menu, aka they couldn't order what they wanted. Any restaurant that tells you where to sit, how much to spend, and what to eat is a place that thinks it's better than it's customers. And shouldn't be in business.

Also, the most media-unfriendly place I've ever been to. Not because they didn't give me free shit, a lot of places don't do that. I just went in to try and talk to a manager for a story and they gave me the PR runaround and never got back to me. Fuck them. I vowed never to spend a dollar there. The couple of times I went it was in large groups where other people paid.

I agree that the prices many high-end steakhouses charge for a steak, and even sides these days is getting bit out of sight. Flemings, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky, etc are all very expensive these days, and those are just the chains. I imagine that many of the steakhouses in SoBe are largely supported by tourism. People on vacation who don't mind spending $50-$60 for an 8 oz filet. I know there are a lot of good steakhouses out there, but many of them are just on my "special occasion" list these days.

that's why I like the Meat Market....they give you the option of ordering a full size or a half size portion on a couple of different cuts NY, Filet, and my favorite--the wagyu skirt steak) with prices in the low to mid $20's range for these half portions. Add a side and it's enough for me, along with a glass (or two) of wine.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

I think $38 for an 8oz filet seems to be the pretty standard price most places I go.

New User

I must say that I was really suprised by the quality of the food at 5 Napkin Grill on Lincoln Road. Just the fact that the restaurant is located in the most touristy part of SoBe usually makes me a bit skeptical but the food was amazingly good. Not the fastest service, but overall a very enjoyable experience. $22 for a steak is clearly ok given the location.

Overall, a good place for dinner - but not a place to hang out an entire evening.

/A

Edit: Itīs my wife's plate. She just had to have that scary green stuff instead of something a little more healthy - Like fries!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Anders; 04-27-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Some are born stupid....
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

I concur. I was also pleasantly surprised. Also, the 5 Napkin Express around back is a great, little-known lunch spot.
    Anders likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12