Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rk
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton
  • 2 Post By caribchakita

Thread: Yardbird reviews: good or bad?

Default Yardbird reviews: good or bad?

My wife and I are planning on visiting Yardbird next week. It gets some good reviews online, but I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on Yardbird in this forum. Let me know if you've ever been, and what you thought was good or bad. Thanks!

Default Re: Yardbird reviews: good or bad?

It's one of my favorite restaurants on the beach. I eat there once a week! The food is delicious, fresh, cooked to order, service is smiley with no attitude, and the place has a good atmosphere. Big thumbs up from me.

Book before you go.

Jess,

That's great to hear! We're looking forward to checking it out. Are there any dishes in particular that you would recommend? My wife is a big chicken and waffles fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou233 View Post
    Jess,

That's great to hear! We're looking forward to checking it out. Are there any dishes in particular that you would recommend? My wife is a big chicken and waffles fan.
    You said it! Chicken & Waffles :-)

You can search through the restaurant section and find my Yardbird review along with a lot people agreeing!

I like the watermelon and feta salad and grits too. The blackberry lemonade is only $4 and is delicious.

Never been a fan of Chicken & Waffles and I've seated a few times at Roscoe's staring at other people's plates of C & W and thinking it a silly idea.

That said, I've seen plates of C&W at Yardbird and they look more appetizing than the at famous Roscoe's in LA.

I've heard the chicken biscuit is really the thing to get

rk

It's possible you've already been by now. Hope you liked it. Big thumbs down from me. Overhyped and overpriced. Worst is the food, best is the service.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Wow rk that's such a shame. I like it but southern food for me is such a novelty.

Wow, haven't heard that from anyone before. I send all my newly arrived clients there and they loved it as well. Chicken & Waffles & Spiced Watermelon is amazing and is so everytime we order it. The bourbon based syrup that comes with the waffles is delicious and original, the chicken is done excellent (better than Joe's & Publix), and the spiced watermeleon is a nice touch.
    The sides are huge and tasty, desserts are great and their moonshine based drinks (With watermelon of course) are tasty and original.

And yes, the service has been excellent in all our times we've went (parties of 2 and parties of 10).

What do you eat at Yardbird, Jess? Seems to be a menu pretty much full of bread and meat.

Ah but they have a gluten free menu, and they'll even make gluten free fried chicken if you request it. Not that I'd eat that but still... anyways they have good salads, fish and sides, and I eat grits there once a week. Seriously.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Ah but they have a gluten free menu, and they'll even make gluten free fried chicken if you request it. Not that I'd eat that but still... anyways they have good salads, fish and sides, and I eat grits there once a week. Seriously.
    That's one of the things I miss about living in Miami. No nearby Waffle Shop. Always stopped for grits, etc. on trips up the coast. I make my own hash browns and waffles. IHOP has good grits, but not to compare with southern style Waffle House - "Good mawning, how yall doin today?"

I'm cool with Yardbird, but the subliminal message I take is Miami is yearning for a Cracker Barrel,,, at least for orgasmic breakfast purposes only. I'll never knock an establishment in Miami with a Sothern take, especially when the menu doesn't mention their favorite aunt.

You really can't say no to gravy drenched biscuits or cornbread. There is no equal for that want in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    I'm cool with Yardbird, but the subliminal message I take is Miami is yearning for a Cracker Barrel,,, at least for orgasmic breakfast purposes only. I'll never knock an establishment in Miami with a Sothern take, especially when the menu doesn't mention their favorite aunt.

You really can't say no to gravy drenched biscuits or cornbread. There is no equal for that want in Miami.
    Lol, I'd love to see all these latin people roaming around that old country store looking at stupid knick knacks..

Food & service sucks and its very un-healthy. Yardbird is 'trendy & cool' so people don't mind the price and it has brunch which Miami-ians love as well...

i'm sure there is a reason they don't have one down here.
    Jess likes this.

Summed it up nicely Marc

There's a Cracker Barrel in Pembroke Pines and another one in Florida City. So it's not impossible if you're willing to drive.

I bet if you opened one in West Kendall or Doral it would crush. Latins love heavy, greasy, fatty food and this would be a novelty.

Sid, that one in FL City can't be that far from you.

Just booked Sunday Brunch at Yardbird..thanks all..great resource (this website)..
    Jess and Matt Meltzer like this.