Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Restaurants in Brickell

Greetings:

Coming at the end of this month...for Monday and Tuesday nights I will be staying at Hyatt Regency downtown, so it looks like Brickell for lunch and dinner...on Monday night, is Batch a good place to catch the football game and decent grub?...for Tuesday night, looks like it might be between La Mar and Edge....any other options in terms of food and nice professional crowd around 7PM (I suppose Il Gabbiano is always a winner)?....for lunch I heard there's a good Cuban place in the area and a bagel shop--cannot recall the names at the moment...

End of the week I move to SoBe for 2 nights....anyone been to the new Il Mulino?.....also looking at Lure Fishbar in Loews.

Thanks

Default Re: Restaurants in Brickell

Ok in order...

Batch is a GREAT spot to watch the game. Great TVs and good beer selection. The food is pretty good but not cheap and probably a little overpriced for what it is. But if you want a spot to watch Monday Night Football that's the best. Get the giant pretzel and the pork shank if you're hungry. The flatbread pizzas are also excellent and they've got a new Southwestern Egg Roll I had that was good.

La Mar and Edge are probably the two best restaurants in Brickell. If you want classic steaks and American food or seafood, EDGE can't be beat. The EDGE burger is my personal favorite on the menu but the lamg chops there are also phenomenal. La Mar is the best new restaurant I've been to this year in South Florida, and I go to about 4 of them a week. You literally can't go wrong on the menu and the service might be the best I've had in Miami. It's Peruvian food, so be prepared for that if you can go. My advice would be lunch at EDGE and dinner at La Mar. Two great picks.

Not sure what the good Cuban place is but I've never heard of one in Brickell. The bagel shop is called Toasted. They've got great sandwiches but hands down the worst, most inept service in Miami. Which is saying a lot. Either order food to go and pick it up, or go at like 3pm during the week when it's empty. If there's anyone else in there the chances of you getting food just god cut in half. I'm not joking. The WORST service I've ever seen in this city consistently. I go there to get bagels to go every other day and that's it.

Stanzione 87 is great Italian pizza in Brickell, inexpensive, and fast. Tell them Matt from Thrillist sent you in there, I know those guys and they make a great pizza.

The new Il Mulino is great. Crazy expensive but if you've got the $$ get the champagne truffle ravioli ($54) . Then get the pasta bolognese and mix the two sauces. Friggin heaven on your tongue. Lure is good, though I'm not a huge fish fan so I may be the wrong person to ask. Drunken Dragon on Alton Road, however, is the second best new restaurant I've been to this year behind La Mar. You won't see it from the street but it's next to the Domino's on Alton Road under the sign that says "Market" and will change the way you look at rice cakes. That's my #1 rec on the beach right now.

Hope this helps. Love talking about this stuff so let me know if you want any more info.

Awesome...thanks.....before I head back to San Diego the following Sat night, I might end up checking Bal Harbour - Sunny Isles in the afternoon. Huge fan of other Jean George's restos and I understand they have one at the St Regis.

As far as the night before, Halloween, I plan on checking out the "parade" on Lincoln Road Mall before checking out the SLS Hyde Playboy Mansion party....should be a pretty eventful couple of days.

Thanks

I can't wait for Halloween. I have like 3 costumes already picked out. I am also considering Fantsasy Fest one night...

By chance, any suggestions where I might be able to pick up a mask at the last minute?...ideally, I would like to go as serial killer Joe Carroll from The Following.

Thx

Eventually, Tobacco Road eventually is an obligation. It's hit and miss and sometimes the band playing is the garnish that makes the visit acceptable. It's the only " Miami" institution in the hood. I'm not sure of the Cuban place you're referring to. Since Don Pan closed in Little Havana, I frequent El Estacion del Café ( http://www.laestacioncafe.net/ ) You might spot Juan Pablo Montoya's gf cheating there after her morning workout. They are Meltzer's neighbors in the next building.

As a listless Brickell resident, I avoid the local haunts. If you can manage yourself a bit down A1A, Moon for Thai is always a homerun. It's not pretentious and it's great eats at a fair price. http://moonthai.com/ It's usually my first meal in Miami.

During the beach portion of your stay, I've heard great things about Drunken Dragon on Alton. I haven't been yet, but both Jess and Matt have vouched for the place. It's not exactly that quintessential Korean BBQ place- but close. It's gotten mixed reviews. he bad mainly the superficial usual unsophisticated Miami crap. The 20% gratuity added to the bill is the main bitch point. I'm very curious. If you happen to take this suggestion, we'd appreciate your opinion. http://www.drunkendragon.com/

Before I sign off, I'm not a Foodie and the issue of pursuing a meal I'll leave to others. I'm not that sensitive. I'm like Mickey. That said, I think Scotty's Landing is a worthy of a visit before they close. An afternoon meal with a tin band at your foot is a great Miami escape...while it lasts.

If I was to give a Brickell suggestion, I can't. I don't tout my sh!t here. Matt loves the place though. I actually believe The Grove has better options, plus ambiance....... The best Aspres time for bankers or marketers in Brickell is usually private. The Grove Bro.

For the record I hate Brickell and often point to it as "Everything that is wrong with Miami."

I live there because I have a great deal, a great view (as in NO CONDOS between me and the water), a ton of space and can take the Metrorail. But those first three don't apply to many people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I can't wait for Halloween. I have like 3 costumes already picked out. I am also considering Fantsasy Fest one night...
    Fantasy Fest is so much fun...anyone in town should definitely make the trek down to Key West at least for a night and indulge!

Yeah I'm gonna go this year. Can only make it mid week though, not on the Saturday. When does it actually get going, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    For the record I hate Brickell and often point to it as "Everything that is wrong with Miami."

I live there because I have a great deal, a great view (as in NO CONDOS between me and the water), a ton of space and can take the Metrorail. But those first three don't apply to many people there.

Next Thursday, I'll post a pick on TBT topic when we moved into your building in 93. Understand your gripes. If I was a full time resident, it definitely not be my choice. Her demands are proximity to the Courvoisier Bldg which I think we can accomplish in a non condo situation if she's listen. That said, I'll take Brickell over SoBe anytime.