Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jess

Thread: Visiting Next Week, Thursday-Sunday--Any New Spots to Hit?

Default Visiting Next Week, Thursday-Sunday--Any New Spots to Hit?

coming in for the Halloween weekend....any new spots to hit or places I have not been--such as Red Ginger or Naked Taco (food, drink or both?)...probably will do Meat Market one night...other 2 nights are open. Looking at food and drinks. Thanks

Default Re: Visiting Next Week, Thursday-Sunday--Any New Spots to Hit?

Can't advise you on food, but can say stay away from Lincoln Road on Halloween! You won't get near it.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Actually, I am staying at The Redbury so I will be able to walk to Lincoln Road Mall

Gotta tell you...that burger at Edge never fails--if there is a better one in town I have not found one. Blows away Wolfgangs.

Yeah that burger's good, though the one at Cena (the new Michy's) is DYNOMITE. Up there with EDGE for sure.

If you haven't been to Cena, put that on your list.

Hit Driftwood Room at the Nautilus on Friday. It just opened, it''s Alex Guarnashelli's new place and very good. And reasonably priced too. For the Beach anyway.

Red Ginger is meh, though people rave about the sushi, so stick with that. I had the grilled stuff and it was nothing special.

Izzy's south of fifth is the new seafood spot from the recently-departed Tongue and Cheek. If you liked T&C, check this place out.

Driftwood sounds great and should be across the street from The Redbury where I am staying....will give that a shot.....won't have a car on the beach so not sure I will be able to hit Cena unless I do it tomorrow night while I am still downtown and cab it....either that or Sugarcane....will see what I can pull off.. I did hit Alter on my last visit and it was good....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Yeah that burger's good, though the one at Cena (the new Michy's) is DYNOMITE. Up there with EDGE for sure.

If you haven't been to Cena, put that on your list.

Hit Driftwood Room at the Nautilus on Friday. It just opened, it''s Alex Guarnashelli's new place and very good. And reasonably priced too. For the Beach anyway.

Red Ginger is meh, though people rave about the sushi, so stick with that. I had the grilled stuff and it was nothing special.

Izzy's south of fifth is the new seafood spot from the recently-departed Tongue and Cheek. If you liked T&C, check this place out.
    Last edited by elchevere; 10-26-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Eating on Lincoln on Halloween is a challenge is all I meant. They charge ALOT, like 5 x the price just because people like to sit all evening and watch the costumes go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Eating on Lincoln on Halloween is a challenge is all I meant. They charge ALOT, like 5 x the price just because people like to sit all evening and watch the costumes go by.
    They have table minimums too or even cover minimums (no solo tables).

Usually $75-$100 minimum spend and give you a limited menu. A few years ago we met up with 2 clients so the $75 wasn't a problem and we went to an Italian place to eat and see all the costumes.

Just gets so packed that you can't really walk so get a table and sit for 3 hours or avoid it altogether.

Got it.....guess Quality Meats and those seared scallops might be calling my name that night....or I'll head over to my ole reliable Italian haunt, Sardinia, before walking over to the shit show on Lincoln Road Mall.....I'll be taking in the festivities while enjoying a good cigar that I brought with me--maybe that will create a small walking path for me.

BTW, stopped by La Sandwicherie--Brickell for the first time ever today for lunch....pretty good sandwich--had the turkey and swiss croque.

Stopped by Nautilus, but will give Driftwood more time to settle in. No online menu, phone person little disorganized, and menu offering changed after 1 week. Was looking forward to shrimp la plancha but they took it off the menu the night I showed up. Nautilus lobby bar looks real nice.

Ended up at Meat Market (good as usual), Quality Meats (still offered Miami Spice--great deal), and checked out Cibo in SoFi--love their upstairs roof...also checked out Taquiza--not bad. Chicken taco was better than the Al pastor and their chips with guacamole were excellent. Had lunch at Lokum--nothing special; the lamb burger at Cleo at Redbury is much better.

Checked out the new AC Hotel, a new Marriott property across the street from The Edition. Awesome rooftop pool with view and some rates as low as $121/night up until Christmas.....Halloween night on Lincoln Road Mall did not disappoint, if overly crowded.
    Last edited by elchevere; 11-01-2015 at 06:51 PM.

I like Cibo a lot. Great place. Disagree on Tequiza, though. Way overpriced for tacos. WAY overpriced. Good, but I'd only go on someone else's dime, definitely not worth the money.