Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton
  • 1 Post By elchevere

Thread: Sports Bar in SoBe Besides Clevelander for NCAA Football Championship Game??

Default Sports Bar in SoBe Besides Clevelander for NCAA Football Championship Game??

Coming back the week of January 11th to SoBe....any recommendations besides Clevelander (a bit small and narrow for my tastes)....BB&T in Sunset Harbour is not bad and Cibo would not be a bad place to watch the game....any places with a rooftop deck or outdoor patio where I could enjoy a cigar would be welcome as well....don't want a 20 something, high testosterone place either. Game will be on a Monday night, if that makes a difference. Thanks

Default Re: Sports Bar in SoBe Besides Clevelander for NCAA Football Championship Game??

Finnegan's Way would be the obvious pick here if you want outside, though Monty's isn't bad either.

If you aren't morally opposed to chains, Yard House really is the best spot for this kind of thing. Not very "Miami" but it has the best setup.

Default Re: Sports Bar in SoBe Besides Clevelander for NCAA Football Championship Game??

Maybe I will check out Yard House...knew the founder (Newport Beach) before he sold to Darden...thx

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Maybe I will check out Yard House...knew the founder (Newport Beach) before he sold to Darden...thx
    As much as I dislike Darden, they have a huge beer selection and its a very clean, comfortable setting.

Monty's has the best views of course but service is atrocious.

The championship game will be on at most places so you don't have to just hit the main sports bars in Sobe.

I'm sure even the secret VFW inside the Floridian on West Ave will have it on :-)

Looking for a nice crowd.....worst case, the bar at Reds Steakhouse isn't a bad spot either now that I think of it.
    Last edited by elchevere; 12-23-2015 at 03:42 PM.

I doubt RED will have sound on though. Bar Louie in midtown or Batch in Brickell are gonna be the best spots if you're willing to shell out $11 for Uber rides.

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Coming back the week of January 11th to SoBe....any recommendations besides Clevelander (a bit small and narrow for my tastes)....BB&T in Sunset Harbour is not bad and Cibo would not be a bad place to watch the game....any places with a rooftop deck or outdoor patio where I could enjoy a cigar would be welcome as well....don't want a 20 something, high testosterone place either. Game will be on a Monday night, if that makes a difference. Thanks
    I'll agree with you about the Clevelander. Viewed a couple WC games in their sports bar and it was totally lacking. Now if you're with a group, the outdoor set-up is great.

Forgot the name of the Irish pub in SoFi. I loved it but it's closed.

I'm not happy with any possible combination for that game. I'm obviously rooting against Alabama. If Michigan State is in it, those alums pretty much disperse within the country and are most likely in whatever establishment you choose in MB.

If you ask me, I'd opt for Finnegan's by the river over anything on SoBe. Matt poured Guinness there so I'd be interested on his take. It's a very functional place on College Game Day. Also remember, Miami is not a sports town. Others will fib and say otherwise. It's however a superb event town. Sadly, no installations here so you can see that game live. As a dig, UM doesn't have it's own stadium or has been relevant for years. It's a UCLA situation. Lease a stadium 20 plus miles from campus and never play on Jan 1st . And ya....USC owns the LA Coliseum across the street from campus.

I'll probably pass watching the game. It doesn't look alluring one bit however the combinations play out. FL vs. Michigan has " sexy" written all over it in Orlando.

As far as Jan of 2017, Tampa will host the championship game over Miami. It's a better venue, but I'll await the improvements at Sun Life. Even with upgrades, It'll be tough as LA is on the verge of building two new stadiums and hosting three NFL teams. As a San Diego resident, you'll recognize the PetCo Stadium fiasco. It's multiplied 3x in Miami.

My view from the Pac-12 .... I've been harping at coach Sark's year all season to field Max Bowne at QB. That drunkard is gone and Max will be under center to start next collegiate season vs. Alabama at Jerry's World in Dallas. I'll be there with the 78 players we'll be able to field. The SEC only became relevant because the NCAA office in Indiana ( with UM help ) tried to crush us, yet sparred UM. #fact

Finnegan's River is closed. But you can try the ones on South Beach (on Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road) for the game. They're both good spots.

Any of the bars on Ocean tend to play it. Also Big Pink if you are hungry.

Burger & Beer Joint, South Beach but might not be your crowd.

Plenty of places downtown at Bayside but its going to be touristy. However try Biscayne Tavern across from Bayside in the lobby of the YVE Hotel (might have changed names again, not sure). Its on 3rd street. They have a small patio with TVs out side as well as plenty of tvs inside. Craft beers and such, you can find my review on here in the Restaurant section.

I like Clevelander sports bar idea as well..even nice hotel lobbies have bars & Restaurants that will show it.

Norman's in North Beach is a locals bar on Collins that will definitely be showing it as well.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Caught a glimpse of College Game Day from South Beach. Joe's delivered a box to the set. Only saw rednecks trying to get on TV.

Earlier this morning I saw a caravan of four SUV's all flapping Clemson flags heading south on HWY 27 near Davenport as I was doing year end county business. Hope they don't get lost at the Okeechobee bend.

I got the Sooners. For the other game, I'm rooting for M State, but think Alabama will clear.

Where's the final being held ?

Re: The Clevelander .. patio over sports bar any day.

Final, championship game in Arizona

WOw...and they had the Super Bowl this year too. We're getting the short end here.
    At any rate, rooting for Clemson here. ACC!

watched the first half at Tequila Chicas....not a a bad place--outdoor option and I liked the look of the indoor bar with the fish tank.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

I think I've been there once. Good to know it's a decent spot.