Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default J & G Grill / St Regis--Surfside/Bal Harbour

Greetings:

Is this place still good?....think I've read where 1 or 2 chefs have left to start their own venture.....have a customer based in Hollywood (though they live in Sunny Isles) and was looking for a place halfway between SoBe and Hollywood....ate at Bourbon Steak last time and want to try some place different...if not this place, isn't there supposed to be a very good Italian place in Surfside...Tiberio?

Thanks

Default Re: J & G Grill / St Regis--Surfside/Bal Harbour

J&G was fantastic last time I went, though admittedly that was almost a year ago. It's a great atmosphere though for a client meeting if you wanna go the fine dining route. The just opened a pretty solid burger place right next to it at St. Regis, so that's definitely worth a look.

Great place, glad I was on expense account. Excellent appetizers included the hamachi, tuna tartare and black truffle fontina cheese pizza--all delicious.

Split a ribeye tomahawk with another person and had the mashed potatoes (great) and sautéed spinach. Though I like medium rare, was told by the waiter to order it medium (good call). Washed it down with a reasonably priced Oregon Pinot, which was a good thing as I was with a couple of Russians who kept on pounding down vodka drinks.

Bill came to around $730 for 4 people with tip, no dessert. Decent service..could come back here just for the seafood apps and pizza.

WOAH/ 4 people came to $730??

Not happening.

Didn't get a chance to tally up how many vodka drinks the Russians had but you could go for apps