Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Next Visit--Gables and The Grove

Greetings:

Looks like I might suck it up and check out the Gables and Grove for a day and a half (have to be up in Boca/West Palm the following day for business) before I head to SoBe for 3 nights....probably take a redeye Saturday night so I would have more time for the area and be less rushed than if I took an afternoon flight that gets me in Sunday evening.

Considering the following 3 spots for meals--Lokal (lunch Sunday); Fratellino (dinner Sunday); and Bulla (lunch Monday)....good options or would you revise above schedule (lunch v. dinner) and/or have another suggestion or two instead.

Thanks

Default Re: Next Visit--Gables and The Grove

Lokal is great for burgers, but that's about my extent of the recommendation. If oyu want a burger, absolutely go there. If you want anything else, don't.

Bullas is awesome, just launched a new lunch menu that I need to try next week.

Ortanique on the Mile, though, is Cindy Hutson's spot in IMO the best restaurant in Coral Gables. Don't know much about Fratellino but Ortanique is my #1 rec there.

sounds good, thanks....as much as I hate the redeye (and I'm glad to see there is a second nonstop option from San Diego now), I will probably take it so that I can check out both areas on this visit...if there are any other recs for Coconut Grove (for a Sunday), I'll take it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    sounds good, thanks....as much as I hate the redeye (and I'm glad to see there is a second nonstop option from San Diego now), I will probably take it so that I can check out both areas on this visit...if there are any other recs for Coconut Grove (for a Sunday), I'll take it.

Thanks
    I hear good things about SWINE In the Gables as well. I popped in for lunch the other day but wasn't in the mood for a $16 sandwich (plus tax &tip) so I went to Spring Chicken and loved it for only $10.

Greenstreet café for breakfast in the grove is a must!

Update for you:

Check out TALAVERA Mexican in the Gables for lunch/dinner when you arrive. From what I've read about your posts, this place might be right up your alley. They have $13 lunch specials and they definitely don't skimp on the meat in the tacos. The other dishes looked like good portion sizes from what I saw. Includes Chips & Salsa, flavored Iced Tea, and a little sorbet bar at the end for dessert.
    I Opted for the Carnitas tacos and it came with a side of Guac. I'd say the chips & salsa were average or above, the tacos were great and the tortillas were freshly made. However, I had to eat mine rather quickly as all the meat and juices started to break the bottom of the tortilla.

The dinner options were pricier - $20-$30 and they have a happy hour as well. It was pretty lively for a Tuesday afternoon. Service was great as well. The place is larger inside than it looks when you walk up.

Check it out if you don't want a burger or something.

Name:  talavera.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  139.1 KB

Sounds good...thx

I went to Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle on Friday...holy shit. It's the old Baleen space at grove Isle but really upped the food game. Feels like you're in the south of France, save for the Rickenbacker causeway in the distance. But an amazing view with amazing food. I'd def recommend it for Sunday brunch. Said they get a good crowd there.