Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lobster Roll--River Oyster Bar v Izzys

Default Re: Lobster Roll--River Oyster Bar v Izzys

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Yeah that's why the only time I Went to joe's I think it was like a Monday or Tuesday early in the night. Also, waiting for a table at a restaurant is a little different than waiting in line for a taco/cronut/cupcake whatever.

If you don't know why USC fans are cheering a UCLA loss, you don't deserve to be at a game like that. Going to my first UCLA home game at the Rose Bowl on Saturday, Blackford. I'll send you a selfie in Bruins gear.

I know most subscribe to rooting against fUCLA at all times but they don't know any better. An in-conference game then it's a different ball game. I even rooted for Notre Dame on Sunday night which most don't. Those are two schools we face every year and you want them ranked as high as possible when you play them. You want to root for your conference always in a non-conference game as a rule. As you know, it works differently in pro sports where there is no committee junta judging teams on wins based on strength of scedule. As far as the pros, I'm rooting for a SFO Giants loss every day.

Anyways, that bbq line did a number on my back, along with 90 min. JFK Museum self tour, otherwise I'd be in Miami for Dodger series this weekend. Kershaw comes back tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Standing in a long line would kill my back and I would never do that for food. At least at Joe's you sit at the bar or patio, enjoy a drink with your spouse/date/group and maybe an appetizer.

They open on Oct 15th...can't wait to do my Sunday Breakfast and Park days again!
    Not sure if this exists in Miami but back home, they're were a few places that appreciate you're patience and serve you a free glass of house wine while you wait.

In regards to the long wait, I learned after the fact you are shown the front of the line if you order 5lbs of meat. If I knew that, I would have got together with another party in line and made that deal. I'll probably go back sometime during the NFL season for a game.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

The best lobster roll I've found is at Kelly's Landing on Cordova off 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. They are a New England seafood restaurant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12