Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton

Thread: Anyone Been to Paulie Gee's--NY Pizza

Default Anyone Been to Paulie Gee's--NY Pizza

Anyone been?...hopefully visiting in a few weeks. Not a fan of Lucali; hoping this is better.

Default Re: Anyone Been to Paulie Gee's--NY Pizza

Is that in Miami? never heard of it?

Sounds like it's loaded with calories.

Yes...8001 Biscayne Blvd.

Like Lucali, original location from Brooklyn.

http://pauliegee.com/miami

79th St has a long way to go before I ever go there on purpose to eat, especially at night. The new CVS and shopping center remodel on the corner has helped the look, but its still bus stops full of crack heads. The area near the water is getting better, they just built an apartment building on the edge of the water (with Miami Beach prices, no thank you!). Some well reviewed restaurants in the area, but its not for me. Even the Upper East Side is still sketchy. Leaving michy's after all you can eat fried chicken, I just wanted to get in my car and get out of there.
    Jess likes this.

Oh Marc you're killing me! I just finished a story on why MiMo (I swear the next person who says Upper East Side is getting a punch to the gut) is the msot underrated dining neighborhood in the city. NIchy's closed, but I went to Phuc Yeah the other night (from the people who did The Federal) and it was fantastic. Via Verdi is good, NiDo Cafe is also solid Italian. The Anderson has the best bar food north of Batch, I think. Ironside Pizza could make a case for the best in the city. Dogma is a classic. Blue Collar is an institution. Ms. Cheezious is the best grilled cheese shop in South Florida. The Vagabond was called by a lot of people the best new restaurant of 2015 after Alter. Seriously, that area is a top-notch eating 'hood, and definitely the best north of 195. Give it shot, I promise you'll enjoy wherever you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Oh Marc you're killing me! I just finished a story on why MiMo (I swear the next person who says Upper East Side is getting a punch to the gut) is the msot underrated dining neighborhood in the city. NIchy's closed, but I went to Phuc Yeah the other night (from the people who did The Federal) and it was fantastic. Via Verdi is good, NiDo Cafe is also solid Italian. The Anderson has the best bar food north of Batch, I think. Ironside Pizza could make a case for the best in the city. Dogma is a classic. Blue Collar is an institution. Ms. Cheezious is the best grilled cheese shop in South Florida. The Vagabond was called by a lot of people the best new restaurant of 2015 after Alter. Seriously, that area is a top-notch eating 'hood, and definitely the best north of 195. Give it shot, I promise you'll enjoy wherever you go.
    The point was the area is still a long way from being/feeling safe to walk around. IF you notice all the restaurants you named, no one walks there, they all drive there, eat, and leave. That was the point I was making.

Sure there are great restaurants (Soyka and Andiamo are nice as well), but to spend time there? I don't think so. So for me to drive to Michy's just to eat and leave takes away from the 'night out'. I'd rather eat in Sobe and walk around lincoln/collins/ocean dr afterwards.

And Ms. Cheezious?? Overpriced hipster paradise (20 somethings with full beards playing connect 4 on outdoor picnic tables while they wait on their craft beer and $11 sandwich..gimme a break!)

Can't stand the area, but I have been to Blue Collar. The food was good actually, but the area and ambience kinda ruined the experience for me and I couldn't wait to leave. Just a little too low class for my liking. So I'm with Marc, the area sucks too much to make it a destination place to eat.

I mean I don't even eat cheese, but I've gone there to have beers and it's a fun time.

That said your point is well taken. the neighborhood DOES have some great restaurants but it's a destination. I think if someone had the foresight to create affordable (not section 8, but affordable) apartments there people priced out of Brickell and the Beach would move in and that would start to change.