Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Couple of Food Gems so far

Already mentioned NIU Kitchen--very good.

Clove Mediterranean--a Greek Chipotle but better

Vapiano--always thought it was a sushi place..Italian self serve, fresh pasta.

Zest--great burger...same owner as Orantique

Bulla--best smoked salmon ever (with truffle honey) and very good tuna tartare

Default Re: Couple of Food Gems so far

Where are Clove and Vapiano?? Why have I not heard of these places??

Vapiano is at the base of an office building but they have a very cool out front lounge section..1221 Brickell Avenue...the cashier at the door gives you a card, you go over to the pasta cook station and give your order, they punch your card and you pay on the way out...reasonably priced and they have a bar area with wine by the glass for 3.95 until 7 or 8PM. Recommend the fusilli pesto. Worldwide franchise.

http://us.vapiano.com/en/restaurants/vapiano-miami-1221-brickell-ave-suite-l120-1/

Clove Mediterranean is on 3rd in downtown, I believe across from CVS and near Whole Foods.

Downtown has some other great and reasonabky priced options as well...Cafe Bastille, Jar + Fork, and others (great Peruvian chicken place I cannot recall name of.

Have not cooked since 1987..,without restaurants I would starve.
    Last edited by elchevere; 12-31-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Downtown has some other great and reasonabky priced options as well...Cafe Bastille, Jar + Fork, and others (great Peruvian chicken place I cannot recall name of.
    Your dinning practices are not as spartan as mine, therefore I doubt the Pervian chiiken place you're referring to is La Granja on SE 2nd A. I rate iheir chiken deals higher than Joe's for the same price. The seafood options are also good, and they'll deliver in Brickell with $20 min. It is a fast food concept and totally blows away El Tropical . We're regulars.

https://www.lagranjarestaurants.com/en/menu/

I'm aware of those others places you mentioned in downtown, Places that are begging for and ripe for a revitalization project. As you lived in California, you might get me. Living 20 minutes is an asset gone to waste in downtown. Everything up to Government Center should be a deveolper's dream. And I'm talking about using existing abondoned or low use buildings. No new deveoplment, per se.