Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Restaurants near Hotel Sofitel on Blue Lagoon Drive

Hello,

We will be in Miami staying at the Hotel Sofitel at the end of March, and we were wondering if there are reasonable priced restaurants in the area of the Sofitel Hotel that are within walking distance, even fast foods.

Also, are there any shopping areas within walking distance of the Sofitel Hotel?

Thank you,

Maria

New User

Dear Maria,

Unfortunately you're staying in area which there isn't much to do...Neverthelss, a quick taxi can help...as far as restaurants nearby all you will see is a Burger King, Wendy's, and some other hole in the walls which I do not recommend. Grab a taxi and ask them to take you to Coral Gables--ask them to drop you off at the intersection of Miracle Mile and Ponce de Leon--there you will find plenty of restaurants in a nice part of town (taxi drive about 10 minutes from your hotel maybe less depending on traffic)...as for shopping take a taxi to Dolphin Mall (10-15 minutes on freeway) huge outlet mall with movie theaters and restaurants....you may want to "google" both places for extra info. I recommend you rent a car--our city is not pedestrian friendly and it will probably be cheaper than taking taxis because the distances are far...I recommend priceline.com, you could probably rent a car for about $15-$25 dolllars per day and see a lot more. Take care and have a great time!

Suzanne C

Hey Mo3011, Barby G is right. There isn't much in the immediate area.

(Incidentally, welcome Barby G- great answer!)

There is a restaurant called the 94th Aero Squadron right on NW 57th Ave and Perimeter Rd (airport boundary). The place is oldER but they have a cool view of the airport runway and as you may have already guessed, it's an airport theme. Food is alright...
    There are also some chain names- Fridays, Hooter, Chilis, Olive Garden, (Enter City Name Here) Ale House, within 5 miles of the Sofitel.

As for fast foods: you can pick from a Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds and Subway at the intersection of NW 7th Street and 57th Ave. There's also a Pollo Tropical and a bakery.

Thanks Suzy and Barby G.....

I will do some searching on google and see what comes, but I beleive we will either rent a vehicle or take a taxi...

I have read alot of good things about the areas you mention, but have not really considered renting a car.... maybe need to re-visit that thought.

Thanks you so much for posting a response,.... I was beginning to wonder if there was anything at all in that part of the city. I realize it is airport area, and like most cities not much in the area for eating and shopping.

Thanks again

Maria

Suzanne C

Other than a home furnishing store Mo, there really isn't anything within walking distance but you do have the Dolphin Expressway next to the Sofitel that puts 5 shopping malls (Dadeland, Mall of the Americas, Dolphin, International Mall, Westland Mall) within a 10 minute ride of your hotel.

What kind of shopping are you looking to do?

Hi Suzy,

Just souvenir type things.... Also my daughter was hoping to buy a grad/prom dress down there. that way there is a good chance it would be different from the ones her girlfriends will have up here.

Any suggestions for that?

Thanks

Maria

Hi Maria!

You're in shopping luck!

I called the concierge at the hotel. They have a shuttle service for guests to Dolphin Mall, only $5 per person, round-trip.

The shuttle leaves at the following times: 11 am, 1 pm, 3:55 pm and 6:10 pm.
    Return times are: 3:10 pm, 5:10 pm, 7:10 pm and 8:35 pm.

As you can see, if you leave at 11 and return at 8:35, you'll be able to shop till you drop.

Make sure you confirm times with the concierge once you decide to go shopping.

Good luck on finding the fabulous dress!

OH ... I forgot to mention ... you probably already know this, but the hotel also has free shuttle service from the airport.

Hi Maria de los Angeles,

Thank you sooooo much for that info..... My daughter is quite pleased, she is so looking forward to the shopping...,,,, and we will shop till we drop.... Thanks again.

Maria

Suzanne C

mo3011

I thought of a place other than Group USA @ the Dolphin Mall and all along Miracle Mile. I haven't been there in a quite a while but just down the road from the Sofitel is the Miami Mart. Most people still refer to it as the Radisson Miami Mart even though it was renamed 'Sheraton' a few years back...that was today's random worthless local trivia note...The website boasts over 300 stores. I admit that I'm an overzealous internet shopper and haven't been to the Mart since it's name change but I know they have some shops you may want to check out.

Also, I (like most of my friends) had our dresses made. I can suggest some really nice fabric stores that are sure to carry unique styles. Do you have a seamstress back home? or better yet- a sewing machine?

Hey Suzy, I'm one of those who appreciates the trivia ... thanks for pointing out the name change.

Hi ladies,

Yes I can sew,...... I guess that is an option.....:) thanks for the info.... appreciate it.

Maria

New User

This may be too late for you but the Sofitel is a French owned Hotel chain and the food in the hotel restaurant is very good. I often use it for business lunches and have always been pleased with the quality of the food, It can get very cold in the restaurant though, they always seem to have the AC on full blast.

If you are feeling adventurous La Rosa II restaurant on 4041 NW 7th St, Miami, is nearby and is a great place for Cuban food. Try the vaca frita.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Thanks for the tips, sobephil.

Welcome to MiamiBeach411.