Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Raymond, welcome to MiamiBeach411.

Thanks for telling us about the Market. Food and restaurant tips are always appreciated. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond
    I recently have been buying from Bay Harbor Fine Food Marker, which has recently re-opened at 1077 95th Street, which is behind Ocean Cadillac, one block south of Kane Concourse. The food is FAR superior to Epicure (and less expensive), and the chopped liver is better then any on the beach. Great prepared foods, as well as wonderful deli items.
    I just came back from Bay Harbor Fine Foods Market, where I was not impressed. In my opinion, comparing it to Epicure is like comparing 7-11 to Publix.
    I did happen upon a new location of Mario the Baker ( Pizza Restaurant) and decided to try a slice. A die hard Steve's girl, I was a bit wary, but gave it a shot in the spirit of Journalism. It was absolutely delicious!!! OK back to work with me.

New User

Rebecca, sorry you didn't care for Bay Harbor Fine Foods, but honestly your credibility is in doubt because of your Steve's Pizza reference. I've tried Steve's several times, and have been incredibly disappointed. There sauce is awful, way too sweet. Did you buy anything at Bay Harbor? The chopped liver is devine, and the pickled herring sublime. By the way Rebecca, when you see Neill again, tell him Raymond said hello.

I was mainly dissapointed with the size and the fact that my produce bags wouldn't open. BTW, do you own a cigarette? I don't see how else you would know Neill. And Steve's has won best in Miami many, many, many years in a row in the Miami New Times. So I won't knock your place - but nobody put's Stevie's in the corner

Quote Originally Posted by sunaddicted
    There is a new meat sandwhich shop, I forget the name, next to Bagel Time. The largest Chinese is in a condo at 5005 Collins called China Kikar Tel Aviv. There is another one in the Days Inn at 41st and Collins, I forget its name.

South Beach has 3 kosher restaurants. Pica Loca on 6th between Collins and Ocean is Israeli falafel restaurant, very good food. Gourmet Carrot on West between 9th and 10th is healthy style restaurant,, great sandwhichs, and Tea for Two pasta on 17th.
    I really have a soft spot in my heart for Pita Hut! Hands down my favorite for non-dairy comfort food.

We have never been there but will try it with your recommendation. Usually the pita place in south beach is pretty good although they have a very limited menu. What I would really like is a real good kosher deli but I have given up becasuse its almost impossible to find a real good unkosher deli these days. We also would love to find a kosher chinese restaurant to replace the one that closed on 167th street. Mr Chopstix is okay but not as good as that one and the best one, I think it was Jade Palace, in the Days Inn was the best as far as food was concerned (service was not).

I sent my son and his family to Gourmet Carrot and he got disgusted with the service and left. I read reviews which were real negative on their service which surprised me since we have eaten there often and service wasn't great but food made up for it.

I appreciate your input. The wait staff at pita hut, mainly young israelis, can be gruff, but the food is pure comfort with quite a varied non-dary menu.

If you dont mind, I will be in southbeach next week, could you list the current kosher resturants that you know of in the area?

Thanks!

I don't know of any kosher restaurants in SoBe. I do know that Jerry's deli makes excellent matzah ball soup. Also, the chef at Mischy's is part Isralei and she incorporated that into the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin
    I appreciate your input. The wait staff at pita hut, mainly young israelis, can be gruff, but the food is pure comfort with quite a varied non-dary menu.

If you dont mind, I will be in southbeach next week, could you list the current kosher resturants that you know of in the area?

Thanks!
    Pita Loca
    Gourmet Carrot
    17 (formerly Tea for Two). Now Sushi and dairy

There are more around 41st street.

When I go to Jerusalem I always head to Burger King (don't laugh) for a chicken Shnitzel sandwich because it comes on a bun with Mayo and I love it. The authentic Israeli restaurants serve the shnitzel on pita with hummous, even in Miami. I love Pita, I love Schnitzel, I love hummous, just not all three together. Substitue the Schnitzel for falafel and add lots of techina and I am real happy. Poca Loca doesn't even have mayo.

Gourmet Carrot has a really good ground chicken burger and the best fries on the beach, kosher or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12