Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New User

Default Best steak in South Beach?

Hey,

Looking forward to my trip to Miami & was wondering where is the best steak restuarant in South Beach? A lot of places seem to get mixed reviews, but any suggestions are welcome.

Claire

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, claire. Good question. There is no shortage of steak restaurants in South Beach. My opinion: Tuscan Steak is the best. A great meal for two people is sharing a 28 OZ. T-bone steak, along with a side dish and starting with a small salad.

If you like dry aged beef, you might like Smith and Wollensky or Prime 112.

You can read about what Argentine steak is like here.

If you want to save a few bucks, there are 2 Outback Steakhouse in the neighborhood. If you go to Outback, you may want to avoid the Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing - that appetizer was just voted "The Most Unhealthy Food in America" by Mens Health (see: link).

If you want something totally over the top and decedent, try The Forge in Miami Beach -- it's a landmark restaurant.

What steak restaurants have you read about?

Suzanne C

Hey Claire- Tuscan Steak IS good...although I have to say..

the Filet Mignon I had at Santo for Valentine's was INCREDIBLE!!!! So tender...mouthwaaaatering...
    They served with three fab sauces: chocolate mole, chimichurri and tamarind-ginger. The ginger was a tad spicy for my palate but my date loved it!!!

damn, now I'm hungry!

As for the reviews, you can't please all of the people all of the time but if you can please most of the people most of the time, then you must be cooking up a storm!!!

New User

Thanks for the replys, my mouth is watering already.

I've only read reviews on this website, but from what you've said I think i'll try Tuscan Steak.

Thanks again for your recommendations.

Claire

Personally - Smith & Wollensky in South Pointe Park and Devito's ( Yes, as in Danny) on 2 and Ocean. I have also heard great things about Prime 112, but have not been there myself. As random is this is, A Fish Called Avalon on 7th and Ocean also serves up a mean filet

Oh yes, Tuscan Steak. SO FRIGGIN' YUMMY!

New User

Prime 112, Smith & Wollensky, The Forge, Tuscan all serve great steaks if you want to pay $3-40 for the steak without sides! Baires on Washington, is a great Argentinian steak house and you can get a delicious steak, sides and a bottle of good Malbec for under $100! If you love meat then Texas De Brazil on Alton Rd is where you need to go!

Hi sobephil, welcome!

If you had to choose between Baires and Texas de Brazil, which one would you go to and why?

New User

Tough one. Very different dining experiences. You HAVE to go hungry to Texas De Brazil. The appetizer bar is fantastic, you have to be careful not to fill up on this before the meat arrives. TdB is more fo a dining experience, good for special occasions, birthdays etc. great fun as a crowd. I couldn't do TdB more than once a month whereas we used to eat at Baires once a week. More intimate and friendly and of course more affordable for regular dining.

New User

I'd have to say, for world class steak, Prime 112. However for a bit less money but still very good quality Novecento on Alton Road do fantastic steaks.

Gus

Hi, axon, welcome to MiamiBeach411. Thanks for posting your restaurant recommendations. We can always use more feedback on where to get a good steak.

New User

I got back from my trip to Miami yesterday and would just like to say thank you so much for suggesting Tuscan Steak. We went for dinner one night and I would have to say it was the best meal of the holiday, and probably the best steak we've ever eaten!

Thank you very much!

Claire

Great choice, Claire, thanks for telling us!

New User

I recently tried Kobe Club, and I gotta say they've got the best steak by far. Their steak selection is impressive, and is organized by quality and type of cut (filet, ribeye,etc). I've never seen anything like it. We wanted to try everything so we ordered one of their "flights" of small filets. wow. Even their least expensive steak blows Prime 112 out of the water, in my opinion, and I love Prime 112. My new favorite is the Japanese Wagyu filet (aka Kobe). It literally melts in your mouth.

anyway if you've never tried Kobe beef or Wagyu you HAVE to check this place out. You won't be disappointed.

-B.Z.

p.s. service was impeccable - definitely rare for south beach ^^

Gus

Hi, B.Z., welcome to MiamiBeach411. Thanks for posting your comment here.

Happy you enjoyed Kobe Beef.

Last week, I was talking with an insider from China Grill Management; they told me business at Kobe Beef was way down, and they're thinking of closing the restaurant.

Was the restaurant busy when you ate there?

New User

Gus -

It was packed when I was there (4/12). Granted it was a Saturday night, but everybody seemed to be having a great time. That surprises me China Grill would be considering closing it down. That would truly be a shame. If anything I don't think very many people know the place exists, so I wonder if they just need a new marketing strategy.

South beach definitely needs more restaurants like this one. It would be worth saving in my opinion.

-BZ

New User

Outback Steakhouse 555 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL 33139

Original combination (24 june 2009).
    Very tasty steakes and running cockroaches!
    The remark is met cheerfully and with humour.

Quote Originally Posted by mark2009
    Outback Steakhouse 555 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL 33139

Original combination (24 june 2009).
    Very tasty steakes and running cockroaches!
    The remark is met cheerfully and with humour.
    Huh. I never saw any cockroaches there. It was pretty good and full considering the competition...

When I was pregnant, I had a constant craving for their creamy onion soup and side salad with honey mustard dressing. *Sigh*

Default What about inexpensive steak houses in Miami?

Someone emailed me privately and inquired about inexpensive steak options in Miami.

So here goes. I had a pretty good steak at Jimmy'z Wynwood the other day, under $20.

I haven't been to Liberty Grill in South Beach for a while, but they used to be inexpensive.

Any other ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast