Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who has the best pizza?

Hi Firefly, yes indeed, but the Washington location is closest to club row.

Also a Rustica on Washington next to Cameo and one on Brickell as well, although I believe that one is only loosely related.

New User

Just returned from SoBe and we ate pizza a lot. It was nice and easy to stop and pick up. We ate at Rustica a good bit b/c of what I read here. We tried both locations. IMO, the on on Lincoln Rd. is a lot better than the one on Washington. (They serve the same thing) Unfortunatly, we stayed on 7th and Ocean and the Washington Rustica was closer. We also tried Groovys Pizza which is only a block or so away from Rustica. I like it a lot. Possibly more than Rustica. I tried the BBQ pizza from both places. Rusticas contained lots of toppings which were good, while Groovys kept it simple with only chicken, cheese, and bbq sauce. Very good pizza to me.

D' GOURMET CHOICE in Brickell has these huge Brooklyn Style Pizzas that are so yummy and reasonably priced too!

It's waaaaayyyy worth it! They also have tons of other things there (i.e.- good sushi, sandwiches, hot food items)

If you guys stop by there and my friend with the hat is there, tell him Kristine from the hotel next door says "what's up" :cheese: Maybe one day I will finally remember his name... Sorry friend!

Well, the only place where I've had pizza in Miami was at Primo Pizza at 100 Collins Ave in South Beach. I thought the pizza was pretty good and the people working there were friendly and nice.

~Cathy

Primo is great because it is the only slice spot I know of in SoFi. Are there any others? Otherwise you gotta walk all the way up to Sopranos on 7th, and that was a MAJOR pain in the ass back in the day. Not the best pizza on the beach, but thank God for the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Wants2GotoFL
    Well, the only place where I've had pizza in Miami was at Primo Pizza at 100 Collins Ave in South Beach. I thought the pizza was pretty good and the people working there were friendly and nice.

~Cathy
    Im agreed with you!!! they are very friendly and nice

I just found this website: Worstpizza.com -- there are plenty of reviews in the South Florida area. Just click under the city of your choice under "categories." The founder of this site is one of our very own South Florida tech/geeks.

I'm reviving this thread because I participated in the Chevy Pizza Crawl this weekend. Andiamo was my favorite.

I was disappointed in Fratelli La Bufala but I'd love to go back and try some of their other dishes.

sex and the beach: Antonio Bandeja Crashes Chevy Pizza Crawl!

Fratelli has great pizza, but it's from a wood burning oven, so you have to like that. The crust is thin and crispy, they use imported mozzerella, and they have really great toppings. My favorite is artichoke, ham, and mushroom. Yum! I don't agree with them offering pizza with french fries on top..but Jess likes it.

Primo Pizza on 1st is hands down the best pizzeria style pizza. The owners must be from NY.

Pizza Rustica is great if you like a variety of toppings. It's more of a meal than a slice of pizza, but this would be my pick for post clubbing.

I had a good time when we went to Fratelli, sungal. It was a little pricey, though, for pizza. Wood-burned or not.
    Last edited by Doug; 06-27-2010 at 06:06 PM.

I know! That was such a fun night. I always think of you when I go..and that pasta with the homade vegetable marinara sauce and smoked mozzerella is so good! Usually when I go there with someone, we share a big salad and then a pizza or that pasta dish I like, so the bill isn't that bad.

Sungal, you must've had a different pizza than I did at Fratelli. The manager went to great lengths to explain why it was doughy and chewy, deliberately so, with a kind of yeasty aroma. They make it with a special flour. We sampled four different pizzas and all had the same crust. Some of it was a little too burnt for my taste, but I know you can make pizza in wood ovens without having the burn.

But even though I wasn't crazy about the crust, the buffalo mozzarella is divine and I bet that would be out of this world with a fresh tomato sauce in some other format. I am eager to try their pasta dishes and the vegetable selections in their deli counter. I bet their antipasti is great! More eating to do in the name of research ...

Also, the guys on the staff were easy on the eyes and gave very friendly service. That's a plus! Plus, the story behind the restaurant is so interesting.

Thumbs up Re: Who has the best pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    Fratelli has great pizza, but it's from a wood burning oven, so you have to like that. The crust is thin and crispy, they use imported mozzerella, and they have really great toppings. My favorite is artichoke, ham, and mushroom. Yum! I don't agree with them offering pizza with french fries on top..but Jess likes it.

Primo Pizza on 1st is hands down the best pizzeria style pizza. The owners must be from NY.

Pizza Rustica is great if you like a variety of toppings. It's more of a meal than a slice of pizza, but this would be my pick for post clubbing.

Fratelli is a favorite of Robin, we go there nearly every time we are in town and have always enjoyed our meal.

I appreciate your 'heads-up' about primo as being in walking distance it has always been attractive but we have never gone or gotten take out.

Yes, Primo is good pizza.

Archies in Brickell gets my nod.

New User

Default Re: Who has the best pizza?

Bambinas is awesome. 1405 washington. it will be my first meal next week when i get down there.

TRIP -

It depends where you are from / what you prefer. if you grew up on and like typical northeastern pizzas, you will not like Pizza Rustica. I grew up on northeastern pizzas. A lot of people say how great Pizza Rustic is, so Janet and I tried it .... 3 different times. Once it was fair at best, and the other 2 times it was doughy crud. My theory of the popularity of Pizza Rustica is that it is open late, and people eat it when they are wasted, when _anything_ tastes good. Do not eat at Pizza Rustica when you are sober if you are accustomed to northeastern pizza To me, Pizza Rustica is one of those pizza joints that tries to make up for lack of a good crust by getting fancy and putting on lots of fancy toppings, and having lots of weird pizza combinations. I'd rather have a plain slize with a good crust, than a "garbage pie" that is well, .... garbage.

Yeah, I'm opinionated on pizza.

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 08-02-2010 at 11:02 PM.

All I'm saying is

PIZZA CRAWL!!!!

Who's in?

New User

Default who has the best pizza?

groovy's pizza around 9th street ..its not greesy,and the crust looks all right..gino's is great too though..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast