Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who has the best pizza?

Default Who has the best pizza?

Where can I get the best pizza before and after going clubbing.

Hi TRIP, welcome to the forums! I am assuming you mean clubbing on South Beach?

My favorite pizza place is Pizza Rustica. There's one on Washington Avenue.

You might want to check out these threads too ...

Cheap and Fast

Best Pizza

My favorite SoBe pizza is Gino's on Alton just south on Lincoln. There is one on Washington as well. Great pizza ( the white pizza with ricotta, pepperoni, and red pepper flakes is my favorite) great garlic knots and unbelievable zeppoles. Damn now I want to go down to the beach!

Off the beach, my favorite Pizza is Steve's Piza on 116th and Biscayne in North Miami. Consistently it is rated best of Miami in the New Times.

Can you tell, I LOVE pizza! My favorite pizza in the world is the lasagna pizza at Rosa's Pizza in Queens, NY. 2nd runner up is plain cheese at Luna Pizza in West Hartford Center, CT. 3rd, Mystic Pizza in Mystic, CT. Oh man I think I could go on forever... But I'll spare you all

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

I say Pizza Rustic is the best. They have two locations: Lincoln Road and on the corner of Washington Avenue and 9th Street. They're open late.

If you like good pizza, you MUST give Rustica try.

Preferred Member

Before clubbing go to a place like Pizza Piola. I actually recommend to go there when they have their happy hour. I believe it is two for one drinks when you have a pizza at the bar or at the coffee tables in front of the bar. They have a great selection of thin, made to order pizza (none of that reheated crap) and a full liquor BAR! How can you top that!

As for after clubbing go anywhere is open at that time. My favorite spots after clubbing are San Loco (it just went through a name change so I have no idea what their new name is) and Cheese Burger Baby. As for a pizza place to go after clubbing any of the Gino's Pizza on Washington Ave will do.

mUFFIN

Casola's, baby on SW 17 Ave & off U.S. 1.

On Miami Beach:

If you like New York pizza, go to Gino's. There are two locations on Washington and one on Alton. The one on Alton is the best.

If you like pizza with a soggy crust that tastes like the crap you used to get in the school cafeteria, then go to Pizza Rustica.

In Miami (the Grove area):

If you like New York pizza, go to Slice N Ice on 17th Ave just south of Bird Ave (which is really an extension of Bird Road).

If you like pizza with a soggy crust piled high with bland cheese, go to Casola's. They call this Boston pizza.

I don't know about you, but I'll take New York pizza over Boston pizza any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller

If you like pizza with a soggy crust piled high with bland cheese, go to Casola's. They call this Boston pizza.

That's a low blow, man. Not fair.

Casola's is damn good, even if they don't have pinwheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Tere
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller

That's a low blow, man. Not fair.

Casola's is damn good, even if they don't have pinwheels.
    Casola's is great if you like a lively atmosphere at 3 a.m. and prefer quantity over quality because they do give you huge slices.

Slice N Ice is great if you want great tasting pizza or pin wheels and don't mind standing on the side of the road at 3 a.m. while a bunch of drunks speed by.

I have way too many memories of drunken nights that ended at Casola's with pizza so gooey it was sinful - I'm not denying that Slice N' Ice isn't great, because it is. I'm just sayin' Casola's is great, too. :vampire:

Hey Carlos, where's that video you did with Brad?

Suzanne C

I have no idea why you people are steering this newbie in the wrong direction...

Trip: the best pizza can be found at Sir Pizza on Key Biscayne.

Hands down.
    BEST.
    (I'll fight anyone that begs to differ)

Yes Casola's and Slice & Ice are good but nothing tops Sir Pizza.

Also, I find that I can only eat Pizza Rustica at 5 am when trying to sober up. Since everything tastes the same at that time anyway, I guess (for me) taste doesn't really matter.

I tried Pizza Rustica while sober once and it was caca.

I'd say BP (before partyin'): Sir Pizza.

AP: Who cares? It all tastes the same. Hit up Pizza Rustica because it's closEST. Try not to think about pizza sitting under heat lamps for an extended period of time while eating...

Suzy is sir pizza thin crust like new york style. That what i like

Suzanne C

Yes sireeeee Trip + they cut it in squares making the slices easier to eat...especially for smaller hands.

The truth is that although the pizza really is fabulous, the experience of dining in- with it's jukebox, homey ambiance and smiling faces, makes it that much better.

I don't care how good the food is, I am always annoyed by crappy service and rude frontlines.

suzy how late are they open til

Before going out, Andiamo on 56th and Biscayne is rated not only the best by myself, but by most of those cheesy "Best pizza places in america" articles you read, and many in-flight magazines with feature stories on Miami.

Afterwards is Rustica. Hands down.

And I move that the next person to mention a place in New York on a thread that asks about places in Miami should be banned from the site. Who's with me?

I'm with you, Matt. F that New York nonsense.

Miami Fever recently took a photo of a Pizza Rustica slice
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks. New York STYLE is ok to talk about, since it is the name of the type. But let's not get off topic.

Also, Sir Pizza has GREAT ccokies and Diet Coke, but I still think Andiamo is the best. Cassolas on 17th, though, is the best to get local flavor, I think. Not sure how many times I've pulled out of there completely wasted infront of 5 or 6 Miami police.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    Hi TRIP, welcome to the forums! I am assuming you mean clubbing on South Beach?

My favorite pizza place is Pizza Rustica. There's one on Washington Avenue.

You might want to check out these threads too ...

Cheap and Fast

Best Pizza
    Actually there is a Pizza Rustica right on Lincoln Road across from Nexxt cafe =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast