Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Miami's best Argentine steakhouse restaurant

I'm starting to wonder who has is the best Argentine restaurant in Miami?

In North Miami Beach and South Beach there are quite a few restaurants and bakeries that cater to the community from Argentina. Some of the places that come to mind are the um... Argentine bakery on Lincoln Road... and then there's the um... Argentine steakhouse on 71st Street (note to self: learn the names of all the Argentine restaurants in Miami).

I'm sure Mirna knows more.

Last night, Michelle and I dined at Rancho Argentina. I'd never been there before, and I was very impressed. The restaurant participates on the Miami Visitor Pass. We had a really good meal.

Gabriel, the owner, promised to give a free bottle of wine to anyone who made a reservation and mentioned Miami Beach 411. I recommended you you take him up on it. The restaurant has a great salad bar, and serves hearty steaks, chicken, and fish entrees grilled Argentine-style.

Rancho Argentina also get a thumbs up for having nice glassware, a good steak knife, and giving customers the option to plate-up at the salad bar with a plate, salad bowl, or a wooden salad bowl. Nice touch!

The restaurant was busy on a Monday night. While I was there, I also noticed 3 locals stop by for take out - that's a good sign.

Decirme por favor (tell me please), what are some of your favorite Argentine restaurants in Miami?

Hey Gus, the restaurant is called "Rancho Argentino" not "Rancho Argentina" (it rolls off the tongue easier that way). And I completely enjoyed my dining experience with you! :kiss:

You may remember the location as being some sort of tropical buffet restaurant with bright lights and white walls. Gabriel has completely transformed the space making it warm and cozy.

My first thought when I saw the salad bar was, "I'm going to have to come back here a few more times just so I can try everything". The entree portions are hearty and they won't stop serving you until you're full. We ordered a NY Steak and a chicken breast but couldn't finish half of them. For sides we had rice and creamy, tasty, mashed potatoes. Bring your appetite!

For dessert we ate a refreshing fruit gelatin and Rancho Chocolate. The latter is a molten lava cake served hot with vanilla ice cream. YUMO!

Attention: locals and visitors who are tired of spending $150 on dinner for 2 people. For $29.95 per person, this restaurant serves you all the bread, salad, steak, fish, chicken, and sides your heart desires.

Welcome to the neighborhood, Rancho Argentino! :-)

Preferred Member

It is very funny how you have mentioned a few of them and failed miserably to mention Grazianos. Grazianos, although it is located in Kendall, has and is still the best steakhouse in Miami. Tuscan, Prime 112 and whatever overpriced steakhouse you want to mention (I still CANT BELIEVE I once spent 75 dollars on one steak at the Forge, ripped off, cough, cough...) cannot compare to the quality of food, the real ARGENTINIAN cuts and phenomenal wine list they have. Did I mention the prices?

Not only that, they have and still are a landmark in those remote places far away from the bling-bling, rudeness and awful service that predominates in South Beach these days.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael

Gus

Hi, Muffin, welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for posting! I'll visit Grazianos base on your recommendation :cheese:

You got me excited about knowing Rancho Argentino, specially about the free bottle of wine.

My favorite Argentine or Argentinean (I'm not sure of the correct pronunciation) restaurants are:

1- Novencento in South Beach
    2- Liberty, Manola comment about it, here.
    3- La Estancia Argentina in Coral Gables. I used this restaurant to cater my weedding from which I hoped to have some left over, but the food was so good that nothing left.
    4- Baires is good, too
    5- And last but not least, Baires Bakery at Collins Ave. and 71th street. They also sell producto from Argentina.

As some of the people here know that I am from Argentina, you also should know that I don't know how to cook reason why I know a lot of good restaurants, specially those from my beautiful country.

I am still curious about the correct word, Argentine or Argentinean . Gus you put Argentine, but I also heard Argentinean around. I go for Argentinean. I think that it sounds better.

Also I searched the word in Google and in some website is the word Argentinian which i don't think that is right. But who knows..

Any grammar teacher around?

Michael, I am shocked at your response; move away and become a hater of our favorite steakhouses. One of which we celebrated a beautiful birthday (yours) and wedding at (mine).

Anyway, I am looking forward to trying Graziano's. I've definitely heard of it but didn't know it was Argentinean cuisine. Thanks for the rec. ;-P

Gus

Mirna, I'm not sure of the correct pronunciation. I say Argentine because when people refer to your country's famous "Argentine Beef" they say "Argentine".

You mentioned La Estancia in Coral Gables. There's also a La Estancia in Aventura; I love that place!

Although it's not an Argentine steakhouse, the Market is a great place to shop, have a casual meal, and get takeout food. The La Estancia in Aventura is located at 17870 Biscayne Boulevard. Their phone number is (305) 932-6477. They've also have free Wi-Fi.

Why hasn't anyone mentiond the Argentinean (there, I said it) restaurant on 71st Street in Miami Beach? I'm talking about the place West of Biscayne on the North side of the street; the restaurant with the cow print table clothes.

According to my dictionary both Argentine and Argentinean are correct. I personally prefer Argentine. OK, this is making me hungry! I want churrasco for dinner! :lol:

The Argentine grill (as a form of cooking) is some of the best in the world, I think, alongside with Brazilian rodizzio. I know my paisanos down there take their grilling very seriously, as I have enjoyed the friendship and hospitality of several people from that part of the world over the years. I think it's wonderful that we have many Argentinos and Brasileiros here now, so that we can all enjoy the food in their local businesses. I don't care if Tancredo wants to call this a third world country, what could be better than having the chance to try South and Central American and Caribbean cuisine all within a few zip codes?

I am sure that with the pride Argentines take in their cooking, we'd be hard pressed to find a really BAD restaurant in this area, don't you think? Next question: who can recommend a good place for empanadas?

New User

MANOLA, GRAZIANO'S MARKET, JUST ROUND THE CORNER OF THEIR RESTAURANT HAS GREAT EMPANADAS !! I HAVE BEEN OREDRING MEAT AND EMPANADAS FROM THEM FOR 5 YEARS AND EVERY SINGLE TIME THE QUALITY, TASTE AND FRESHNESS HAS BEEN FANTASTIC. BY THE WAY, I'M NOT ROUND THE CORNER, ALL THIS FOOD HAS BEEN SENT TO ME IN NORTH CAROLINA !!

Preferred Member

Here we go. Graziano's once again. I used to live 20 blocks aways before I moved to the beach and not only you could find the best ALFAJORES, but they also had great meat cuts, and an awesome wine selection.

God, I miss that place so bad. There is nothing like that in Boston !

Miss you!!!

What's alfajores? I love Argentine cuisine but don't know much about what I'm eating.

Preferred Member

there are those sort of cookies filled with caramel and covered with chocolate.

New User

I personally love Argentinean food to death! I lived a long while in Buenos Aires and I have never had more delicious food in my life! When I miss the food and long for a taste like I am still in Argentina, I go to Rincon Argentino!

Personally, I love Rincon Argentino! Two locations, one in the Gables (LeJeune and something) and the other in Greenery Center (why does no one know its actually called Greenery Center?), that shopping plaza down the street from Dadeland Mall where there's a Barnes & Noble and Circuit City. Ok, in that plaza there's another.

Suggested menu:

- Appetizer: un chorizo (a sausage) estilo mariposa (cut butterfly style)
    and a provoleta (this cheese...)
    - Main course: my favorte cuts are the Entrana (flat skirt steak) and the bife de lomo (filet mignon, incase you're watching fat grams).
    - Dessert: ok whatever you want, i have a huge sweet tooth so all dessert works for me...

how about a glass of red win and gas water?

Try it and let me know what you think. I rate it an A+++

Hi Ange!

Welcome! It is nice to have another local joining in with so much to say.

You just made my mouth water and stomach growl. I will definitely be adding the restaurant to my "must-try" list.

Gus and I went to Argentina last year (he proposed while we were there). I think it is one of the best places to vacation. The food is so amazing, can't wait to go back!

Jim

Hey Michelle:

Every year must seem like the next when a person's blissfully happy.

Did Gus propose last year, or year before last?

Just checking.....(you know I watch things like that).

As long as we're on the subject....anyone know of an occupation when "spelled out" has (2) vowels, followed by (2) constantants, followed by (2) vowels?

I do!! (I watch for things like that).

Also, my mouth's watering and that Argentino Steak is no doubt a treat.

I suppose it was 2005, not last year. It is difficult to remember that sort of thing. Time flies by so quickly.

I've been watching Wheel of Fortune once in a while at the gym but cannot figure out your puzzle. I am going to give it more thought.

I'm thinking it's gotta be Argentine food tonight. ;-P

Jim

Argentine food sounds good for the soul; however, the person in the puzzle doesn't work in a restaurant but you may find them in an "office".