Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its for my 21st bday. PM me

Tuscan rocked on Sat night. We were a group of 8 and had a great time - food was unbelievable (that rack of lamb and mushroom risotto - heavenly!!); and service was excellent!

touche on the risotto..... touche!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    There is a Johnny Rockets there (at 728 Ocean), to fill your burger needs.
    I ate at Johnny Rockets and had a burger melt. It was greasy and good! I also had the apple pie a la mode, which was great too.

I've also eaten at Cafe Bonjour which was good. More detailed post here: on 9th Street near Collins Ave

Hey TRIP,

I just wanted to fill you in on the Pelican, sice I used to work there. It's along Ocean Dr., and serves mostly Italian. They have a breakfast special of two eggs any style, rosemary roasted potatos, and wheat toast for $2.99., and a typical breakfast menu. The bar makes the best cappuchinos!! Dinner can be pricey, but happy hour is a good deal. $3 beers and half price on SOME cocktails, and then you can get pizza and a few other snacks for $7.

I haven't seen restaurants right on the beach. There's the ocean, then sand, then then the brick boardwalk, and then the beach entrance to hotels..no restaurants in between. I do notice trucks on the beach selling ceviche and smoothies.

What section of the beach do you plan to be on..what cross streets? This way maybe I could reccomend something close. I think most beach goers tend to grab lunch at their hotel pool bar or just a nearby hotel bar/patio..but if you like burgers it's worth a walk/local bus ride to cheeseburger baby.

Quote Originally Posted by SoBeVacationMarch2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    There is a Johnny Rockets there (at 728 Ocean), to fill your burger needs.
    I ate at Johnny Rockets and had a burger melt. It was greasy and good! I also had the apple pie a la mode, which was great too.

I've also eaten at Cafe Bonjour which was good. More detailed post here: on 9th Street near Collins Ave
    I'm glad you enjoyed Johnny Rockets. I was horrified to discover a few weeks ago that Chocolate, the other recommendation I'd given you, had closed. They were really good and had a prime spot on one of South Beach's best pedestrian streets, Espanola Way. If you're feeling like something French, there is still a place near there called A La Folie, which feels very Bohemian and pretty healthy. There are croque monsieurs (fancy grilled cheese sandwiches), salads, escargots, and some really nice wines!

Hey Trip,

Yesterday I noticed that the ceviche truck on the beach ( near 17th St.) also serves hamburgers. So you can order and then go straight back to your beach towel and eat. I guess when you're visiting, you don't want to waste time trekking to a restaurant, and losing valuable beach time.

People are all excited about burgers these days..3 different posts about burgers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12