Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Restaurants - Fancy, Informal & Open Air

Hey guys so I will be in south beach sep 26 and 27. What place is good for a nice dinner on friday and saturday good crowd nothing to fancy or informal at the same time. Maybe a place that outside or open air atmosphere would be nice. Also where is a good place to go have burgers on the beach during the day sat and sun.

Hi Trip, Chocolate is a favorite of mine; it has plenty of open air seating and its location on Espanola Way provides some great romantic ambience. I also like the Van Dyke Cafe on Lincoln Road. Also on Lincoln Road, offering a decent prix fixe menu for two and lots of ambience as well is Cafe Papillon. Like the Van Dyke, there is lots of patio seating, which gives you an ample dose of South Beach.

For burgers, Cheeseburger Baby on Washington is quite popular, though the 11th Street Diner provides a better overall experience.

Doug is there a place where we can actually have burgers/dinner while on the beach. Like a joint that has patio seating overlooking the beach. Also what Italian rest. r good other than the 1 u mentioned.

How is pelican cafe? Heard good things

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Here are my restaurant suggestions...

Fancy: Barton G., Table 8, Santo, Tuscan Steak, Nemo

Informal: News Cafe, Ice Box, 11th Street Diner

Open air: Nikki Beach, which is also on the beach and is famous for their Sunday brunch.

You can find menus to most of the restaurants I mentioned by using the search box at the top of the page.

How many people are you dining with?

I agree with Barton G as the place to go for great food and atmosphere if you want to splurge a little. The closest you could get to dining on the beach would be on Ocean Drive. There is a Johnny Rockets there (at 728 Ocean), to fill your burger needs. The Ritz Carlton also has a restaurant that overlooks the boardwalk (it's the only restaurant on the boardwalk!), called The DiLido Beach Club. Smith and Wollensky Steakhouse is a great option for views of Government Cut, that area on the southern edge of South Beach where the cruise ships glide out to sea. They have enormous picture windows overlooking the water, and a patio area, as well.

I haven't been to the Pelican Cafe, but here are some more details.

For Italian, the place that comes to mind is the Hosteria Romana. You couldn't get any more Italian than that! It's also on Espanola Way, just west of Washington Ave, so it has a very old world setting. Ah, all this talk is making me miss South Beach!

Hello again Trip!

I'd say some of my favs for the open air between fancy and informal places are:

Quinn's - 640 Ocean Dr. The owner, Gerry, is super nice and he is always outside smiling and greeting customers. Try the signature bambam shrimp for appretizer. Seabass was good for entreee but a bit pricey on my boat for seabass. Everything is a la carte so order wisely and it won't be OVERLY expensive. They have a little guy outside playing some latin music I believe every night.

Balans is another reasonable outdoor seating spot on 1022 Lincoln Road. Again for some reason I tried the seabass here and it was.... surprisingly pretty good. We both loved the quesadilla appetizer, it was gone in about 2 minutes.

For italian, I enjoy Sardinia Enoteca on 1801 Purdy Ave. It's away from the craziness and more towards the quieter, Biscayne Bay side of South Beach. The food is great and not overly priced (Like Quattro).

I remember you are coming with a group of guys so maybe you don't want the romantic feel so much.... The options given by everyone were all great. Good luck choosing :-) .

Thanks for all the input, gus it will be about 4-5 of us guys. 1 of my boys is still trying to make it, but we'll see.

Gus

Tuscan Steak and Barton G. are both good places, especially with groups of 4, or more. The food and presentations at Barton G. are like a circus, in a good way (see: pics). The menu at Tuscan Steak is family-style. 4 guys can order 1 large salad, 1 large steak, an order of roasted chicken, and a few side dishes, and that should be enough. I got friends at both places. Let me know if you'd like us to make you a reservation.

I'm eating at Tuscan Steak on Saturday and I CANNOT WAIT! I'm fantasizing about the gnocchi already...

Gus

Let me call over there and tell them you're coming. They'd want to know, you being a very, very important person in the community.

lmao Important only in my own head perhaps!

Really, no need. We're a large group celebrating my sister's bday.

That's the best part: I'm not paying! :)

Gus

Tere, are you sure you don't want me to call?

I've heard the service at Tuscan Steak has fallen off a bit (after Michele and I left. Well, really Michelle). They're more opt to take better care of you if we tell them you're our friend.

I'd hate for anything to go wrong on your sister's birthday.

Gus

Tere, I received your private message - got your back! ;-)

We ate at Tuscan Steak on our trip this July. It was amazing! There were 8 of us and everything was for sharing. The gorgonzola filet mignon was so delicious, it melted in our mouths. omg! My son (who doesn't like steak) even loved it. We also had the gnocci - 2 kinds, & caesar salad (yum). The food and service were both awesome! MB411 called to make our reservation and even had shots sent over for my husband and I.

I think tomorrow night may be my night for Tuscan Steak. My father is in recovery so we can't visit tomorrow (Michelle knows what I mean). So my grandma and uncle from Puerto Rico are coming down to Miami to visit.

Tuscan Steak called me this afternoon at work to let us know they have open reservations and I remembered China Grill is giving us a credit to try their food so I'm going to see if they let me use it tomorrow night.

I'm excited to finally try out the oh so popular restaurant.

Tuscan Steak = A+ on my part. Had my family from Puerto Rico with me and they highly enjoyed everything.

Staff = great
    Food = extremely super duper great
    Everything overall= umm.... GREAT!lol

I loved the gnocchi, tuscan salad, snapper, t-bone steak, garlic bread, aaaand tiramisu.

7 people, we ordered a few dishes to share and it was awesome!!! The cost overall was really good too. Considering it was 7 of us eating like little piggies. A bill of about $350 something with tip included was amazing for that type of quality restaurant.

Pm sent gus

Gus

Trip, did you PM me? I didn't receive anything.

Yes I need res. for Tuscan Steak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast