Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Restaurant for a group of family and friends?

We have a very mixed group of 14 people and need to find a place to make dinner reservations at Saturday Jan 31st. This is a group of parents, friends and other family members all in Miami befoe we take off on a cruise for our wedding.

We will have 2 kids in the group and my fiance's 70 year old parents. Looking for something nice but something that all budgets can handle, any suggestions?

Christy

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

How about Tuscan Steak in South Beach (Disclaimer: I used to work there)?

Tuscan is a nice restaurants for groups because the portions are large and meant for sharing. It's also upscale, but not ridiculously overpriced priced, as is the case with many of the other upscale restaurants in Miami. The service is also usually pretty good.

Barton G. is another fun place for groups, but the menu is very expensive.

Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed with the restaurants on the Beach.

Your family might have more fun with the less formal restaurants at Bayside Market Place, near the Port.

Wherever you decide, please let me make the reservation for you. I want to let them know you're a Miami Beach 411 VIP!

Are you restricted to just the beach? The first place that came to mind was Buca di Bepo in Miami Lakes because they serve family style, is family friendly, and really affordable.

Are most people (or all) from out of town? Because if so, how about a traditional Cuban meal? The better, but very affordable restaurants are Little Havana (in North Miami), La Casita (in Coral Gables) and La Habana Vieja (also in Coral Gables).

I would second the thought for the Bayside restaurants. Not the food court, but the nice ones down on the water. That is very easy for cruisers, and the prices are decent.

However, if SoBe is your thing, and I do highly recommend a trip to South Beach while you are here, I would suggest Grill Fish on Espanola and Collins. Family dining is kind of rare on South Beach, but there are a few places. For great Italian, try Hosteria Romana, a little further west on Espanola.

Let's see, if you want to hit up Lincoln, the ever-so-popular pedestrian mall, I recommend Nexxt or Van Dyke Cafe. Both get reasonably packed reasonably quick, so for a large group, you might want to call ahead.

Actually, for a group of 14, you are going to want to call ahead no matter what, I think.

I would consider both Tuscan and Barton G as way expensive. Tuscan, you can easily spend $40 per entree, plus drinks, and Barton G more so. But if that is your range, they are both good.

New User

Thanks everyone, I like the bayside idea that 2 of you have given me. (I like the cuban food idea for Jon and I and will check out one of those places during our weekend w/ out the large group).

Some of our group is staying near the airport and some of us are staying in sobe beforea heading on the cruise so the pier area seems like it would be in between, correct???

Do you either of you havea recommendation for a nice bayside place?

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Good suggestions, coach.

Christy, Bayside would be a good meeting point for you group.

If you want to try Cuban food, check out Bongo's, located next to Bayside Market Place in the American Airlines Arena. I won't say Bongo's Cuban food is the best, but the atmosphere inside the restaurant is very unique.

Do you plan to take your friends over to South Beach to see the sights?

New User

Possibly for a few of us, I think many of them will head back to their hotels after dinner but 6 of us are staying in sobe and will be looking for a little something to do. We have an early morning the next day so whatever it is it will be kind of low key or at least low drinking and turning in by 12am - don't want to be hung over for the 1st day of the cruise, any suggestions?

Is there a non cuban place in Bayside you would recommend as well? I know we would like cuban food but not sure if everyone else would. Is there a seafood place?

Thanks for the help, this is a great site and I will pass it along to others. I have family in Naples that like taking weekend trips and this would be great for them.

I feel like I have been away from the forums forever!

With that being said, large groups in the Brickell area always love to go to Gordon Biersch. It's fairly priced, family friendly, and full of lots of amazing food!!

Also remember Winter Miami Spice is going on, so some places that would normally be $$$ are now only $23 for lunch and $36 for dinner!! I went to China Grill last night and the dinner for two could have easily fed 3-4 people.