Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Adding to this list:

La Cantina at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne. It is a Mexican-themed restaurant right on the water. Not the cheapest, but feels remote on an unspoiled beach. If you go and make a purchase, make sure you get your valet parking ticket stamped. Try the queso fundido and margaritas!

The Red Light connected to Hotel Blue
    7700 Biscayne Blvd
    Miami, FL 33138

It's on a canal and the food is amazing. They also have a good selection of imports and microbrews and a great wine list.

I don't know if anyone mentioned Anise either its on the other side of the canal I think you get there off of 78th.

Red Light IS awesome! I ate there a few months ago, and it was a wonderful experience. Highly recommend it.

New User

Sometimes I drive to Ft. Lauderdale to meet some friends and last night we decided to try the restaurant at the new W Hotel. It was fabulous. I had the lobster bisque and one of the Kobe steaks. The only thing that would have made the bisque better would have been a few cubes of El Venadito cheese on the side. I always like to eat soup with cheese for some reason, must be because I always did it when I was younger.

All in all, the restaurant is a bit pricey, but well worth it. The hotel is ultra modern and even had a giant unisex bathroom! Check it out on your next trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for sharing, Blair! Welcome to the forums.

Did this restaurant have a waterfront view?

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    Thanks for sharing, Blair! Welcome to the forums.

Did this restaurant have a waterfront view?
    Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile. Yes, the waterfront view was fantastic.

I'm going to Baleen for Valentine's! W00000t! I'm very excited about this!

Ooooooh, that's special, Tere! ;-)

Lucky girl! On another not, Taverna Opa in Hollywood is always a good time and it's a beautiful boat ride from Miami, and docking is free and right in front of the restaurant.

Thanks, ladies! I also like the Taverna Opa on Oakland Park Blvd - on the river.

"On another not" LOL meant note.

Default Waterfront Restaurant in Sunny Isles

Yesterday I went to the media preview of The Water Club, a new waterfront restaurant in Sunny Isles. It's located on the Intracoastal at the end of a non-descript strip mall, adjacent to the 163rd street bridge.

The chefs at Talula (Miami Beach) are running the food and kitchen operations here. Water Club boasts "Something For Everyone" as its motto and from what I could tell, that certainly seems the case. Think an upscale version of Monty's or Shucker's with a bit of the elegance of Smith and Wollensky's outdoor bar thrown in.

Inside, there is an elegant and cozy lounge area with a complete glass-enclosed wine cellar, complete with sommelier. There's also a separate dining area with a bar. oN the wall, you'll find a black and white mural with famous Miami celebrity faces in rough outline -- Gloria Estefan, Al Pacino as Tony Montana, Miami Vice's Don Johnson as well as Colin Farrell, etc;

Step outside, and you can find a dock for your boat, a pool and an enormous covered terrace with TV screens. There's also an outdoor bar with more TVs, which I suppose will make that area more of a sports bar.

The view from the terrace covers some Sunny Isles condos and towers on the east side of the intracoastal.

The same dock stretches north and provides boat access to other waterfront restaurants at that end of the strip mall.

The food we had was delicious (perfectly cooked jumbo shrimps, oysters, braised short rib with creamy, buttery polenta) however this was a media preview so we'll have to see if the regular menu stands up on its own.

Water Club is just opening but I think it'll be worth checking out. It might breathe new life into the social/restaurant/bar scene into Sunny Isles.

Name:  pic_rsA_l.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  18.6 KB

Default Scarpetta

Yet another waterfront restaurant discovery ... Scarpetta at The Fountainbleau Hotel has a wide and elegant covered terrace where you can enjoy an unobstructed view of the ocean.

Default Great list of waterfront dining in Fort Lauderdale

This list was compiled by my foodie buddie Christine at South Florida Food and Wine Blog: South Florida Food and Wine: Waterfront and water view restaurants in Fort Lauderdale

Default Article from VisitFlorida.com

Hilda Mitrani has posted a great piece about classic waterfront places in Florida:

Top 5 Waterfront Dining Spots Range From Picnic Tables To Fine Dining | Florida Vacation, Tourism, Travel & Entertainment Information, VISIT FLORIDA

I really want to try Cap's Place at Lighthouse Point. That's not so far from Miami!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this place before, but Bleu Moon at the Grand Venetian hotel has a lovely waterfront view. There is an outdoor area facing the bay, but you also can see the bay, the port and Venetian Causeway from the inside too.

Default Pierre's and Louie's

Add these to the list!

Louie's Backyard in Key West: Key West fine dining with a view |Louie's Backyard

Pierre's in Islamorada: Pierre's Restaurant: Pierre's
    Morada Bay is the more casual restaurant next door Pierre's Restaurant: History

Both Pierre's and Morada Bay share a beach with incredible sunsets over Florida Bay.

This photo is from Pierre's

Name:  pierres_islamorada.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  88.5 KB

Default Tokyo Blue

Tokyo Blue just opened in Fort Lauderdale. There's a section where you can eat on a balcony overlooking the ocean. Tokyo Blue | Facebook

The hotel that houses Tokyo Blue, Ocean Front Manor, also has a fun tiki bar in the back where you can eat and drink right next to the beach. Welcome to Bamboo Beach Located directly on Fort Lauderdale Beach

Maria, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it already, but a great Waterfront bar/restaurant to review would be the outdoor restaurant at the Courtyard Mariott on South Beach. It's in SoFi and it's open with nice ocean views. I went there once to look around but I've never actually had a drink there. It's reasonably priced bar food and drinks..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast