Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Waterfront Restaurants in South Florida

Hey everybody! A friend of mine called me the other day so I could recommend a waterfront restaurant for out-of-town guests. With all the waterfront property we have around here, I'm amazed there aren't more places to eat with a great views of the ocean, bay or intracoastal, so I thought I'd start a thread. Here are the ones I could come up with, right off the top of my head.

Do you know of others in Miami and Broward? Please list them here and mention if they are on the ocean, the intracoastal or the bay.

I'm only mentioning two restaurants on the mouth of the Miami river, but there are numerous others further upstream.

MIAMI-DADE

Monty's (South Beach) - bayside/intracoastal - great view of marina, next to lovely promenade.

Smith & Wollensky (South Pointe, South Beach) - best view of Government Cut in South Beach - pricey! Eat outdoors and sit by the water.

Carabbas (Mid Beach at 39th street, Miami Beach) - no direct view of ocean, but right next to boardwalk and dunes on the beach. You can do food/drink take-out and eat on the beach if you like!

Standard Spa (cafe on the deck, bayside) This place offers the most expansive view of the bay of any restaurant I know - great healthy fare and quality drinks - laid back and very relaxing - a bit upscale but not too pricey.

Shuckers's (North Bay Village, intracoastal) This rustic bar/restaurant has great unobstructed views of the bay. Immense menu with huge portions.

Manny's (mouth of Miami River, downtown) - nice view of river if you sit outside - pricey!

Prime Blue (mouth of Miami River, downtown) - excellent view of river and Miami Circle if you sit outdoors on the terrace - pricey!

Redfish Grill (Matheson Hammock Park - south Coral Gables, bayside) - most gorgeous view of the lagoon and bay if you sit outdoors. Extremely romantic!

Scotty's (Coconut Grove, bayside) - super laid back, rustic bar/restaurant by Miami City Hall

Charthouse (Coconut Grove, bayside) - upscale restaurant, ask to sit outside - pricey!

Coconut Grove Sailing Club (bayside) - public is welcome but one member of the party must join as social member - nice terrace overlooking Coconut Grove marina - great prices on food and drink

Boater's Grill (No Name Harbor, Key Biscayne, Bill Bags State Park) - casual eatery in a secluded little harbor off the bay at the tip of Key Biscayne.

Joe's Tiki Bar & Grill (Key Biscayne, bayside/intracoastal) Casual, rustic. Think beers and chicken wings. Right on the water.

BROWARD

Le Tub (Hollywood, intracoastal) Known for burgers. Sit on the deck by the water.

Capone's (Hollywood, intracoastal) Great fried calamari. Sit on the deck by the water.

Giorgio's (Hollywood, intracoastal) Italian. Sit on the deck by the water.

Taverna Opa (Hollywood, intracoastal) Greek. Known for table dancing. Sit outdoors to enjoy the view.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Nice list, Maria. Here's one more...

Key Biscayne

Rusty Pelican - Great sunset views of downtown Miami and Key Biscayne. Also known to have a good Sunday brunch.

If you're heading down to Key West, you can stop off at the Pilot House in Key Largo. There is the Dockside Bar & Grill and Porky's Bayside in Marathon, as well as the Key West Yacht Club in Key West.

Also, Baleen on Grove Isle. Beautiful views.

ooo I love this thread, there are some awesome options that everyone has given!!

Miami-Dade:

-Il Gabbiano (Downtown) - high end Italian. Closed on Sundays! Right next door to Maria's mentioned spot.. Prime Blue Grille
    -Area 31 inside the Epic Hotel (Downtown/Brickell) - Mediterranean seafood... small portions and a bit pricey... nice views of the River and pretty good overall. indoor and outdoor seating, a bit windy at times outside since it's on the 16th floor.
    -Marinheiro (Brickell) - Portuguese/International... really good lunch specials and an AMAZING view of Biscayne Bay. I recommend outdoor seating on a nice day.
    -Big Fish - italian seafood, on the Miami River. Nice on Friday nights and Sundays for the sunset parties!
    -Casablanca - on miami river... a bit pricey and not to nicest view but I loved their big seafood platter... huge! It's a really cute place believe it or not.
    -Garcia's- next door to Casablanca!
    -Bijan's on the River - Located on the Miami River, never eaten here but I ALWAYS pass it! I should stop one day!!
    -Latitude Bar & Grill - tiny hidden place that is a bit of a mission to enter. It's inside of the Miami Yacht Club area so you need to be buzzed in to eat there. They have really cheap specials on food and drinks during happy hour. This place is really a hidden gem of Miami! It's located right off the 395 by Jungle Island.
    -Azul inside the Mandarin Oriental Hotel - mmmm... and also $$$$
    -Shula's Steakhouse in the Alexander is beachside

Bayside Marketplace - has some places with outdoor seating like Chilis... hehe... not the best of places but hey... they are waterside!!

Broward:

-Pelican Grande Hotel - they have a restaurant on the ocean. I love going with my dad and sitting in the rocking chairs after dinner. indoor and outdoor seating. Fairly priced.
    -Benihana off of Commercial is on the water. Lovely view of the Intercoastal.
    -Houston's off of Atlantic has a lovely waterview of the Intercoastal as well!
    -Blue Moon Fish Company - really nice seafood! Right by the Benihana
    -Yesterdays - this place reminds me of the first time I tried duck when I was a little girl! I remember we went upstairs to a smaller room in the restaurant where they made us take off our shoes and we sat on pillows, it was really cool.
    -15th Street Fisheries- upscale seafood, one of the BEST in FTL... it's sooo good!!
    -Pier 66's bar and grille have a water view... that's the cool hotel with the top that spins...
    -Las Olas Riverfront is for the most part... on the water!

Awesome list, Kristine!

I really want to try Marinheiro now!

Latitude Bar is great. I don't recall it having the greatest view, but it's right there by the docks. I used to hang out there in my sailing days.

I could remember Il Gabbiano's name ... that's literally on the bay and the mouth of the river. It must be the most spectacular view of both.

Here is another one to add for the Miami River: Finnegan's By the River - I have never been but I understand it's a casual restaurant/bar with a pool. Kind of like MOnty's, only on the river.

is Finnegan's still around? I haven't heard anything about them in a while!

There's also the Texas de Brazil location on Miami Beach, right above Montys....

Does Texas de Brazil have a good view of the water? I don't recall a good view there when it was the old Monty's upscale version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine
    is Finnegan's still around? I haven't heard anything about them in a while!
    Yup! I drove by the other night...

The patio restaurant at Eden Roc. I think it is called Cabana Beach Club now. Used to be Aquatina, or something like that. Awesome.

I have eaten at Bijon's twice. Aside from the fact that there is never anyone there, I highly recommend it. Reasonable prices and good food. Very "homey".

Coach, I'm glad to hear the Eden Roc's oceanfront is open again! That is an awesome place indeed.

I wrote about Bijan's here (pictures). I think the reason it doesn't get many people is because it's off the beaten path and doesn't have good parking. It's in a very historic site.

We actually asked them (for those that don't know, the "coach" nickname is partly derived from the fact that I am, amongst other things, a business coach, so I am always curious about this stuff) how they stayed around with no business. From what they told us, they do mostly catering business and do not really worry about promoting the actual restaurant. Too bad because it is really cool. They could probably pull a lot of business from that big hotel next to them and the downtown lunch crowd, if they tried.

random question... has anyone passed by Havana's on the Bay recently? Are they still up and running? When I'm at the hotel I normally call to find out... but at home I get lazy so I ask the experts of mb411 :) I used to drive accross the 79th st causeway when my boyfriend was working security at the Canyon Ranch hotel and I always wanted to go there!

I just remembered the location for some odd reason and I would still love to go... anyone know what's up with them?

Speaking of 79th street, Barchetta's is a good waterfront dining/party location.

Whoa how are we forgetting Jimbo's Virginia Key ok so maybe the rough hobos and the only food being smoked fish makes it questionable. Yet you can play bocce and learn from those that braved the open seas.

Deco Blue- inside of the Marriot has Ocean view 150 Ocean Dr.

Here is a Qik video of Rusty Pelican I took the other day. Don't blame me for shaky cam, if any ... was holding a martini in the other hand!

If you get a river-side table at Garcia's, this is the view you'll have, facing south.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is Rusty Pelican.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'd never noticed this part of RP!

One of my favorites...Shuckers!!! http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/10...ec9f43.jpg?v=0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast