Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

lol what a mess.

Jess, it's a pretty casual location. I'm going with jeans and a top... nothing fancy believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    That sounds a little homoerotic but I guess we'll have to settle for that since the women have rejected us from their group.
    Rugby and cigar smoking is homoerotic?
    Have you ever known rugby players? They have the most homoerotic rituals including stripping a teammate down and pouring beer all over his body if he happens to be the highest scorer that day.

I've seen this happen because a friend of mine plays. I used to take pictures at their games. I was photographing the celebration until I saw my friend's genitals and then I stopped because it was just way too gay for me. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

And cigar smoking? Well it does consist of sitting around with a group of men while sucking on a thick phallic symbol.

I have an argentine friend who is always showing me rugby videos, I think the New Zealand Haka is pretty cool. He plays in a league, never said anything about being doused in beer while in underwear..sounds pretty gay..not that there's anything wrong with that.

cigar smoking does have phallic symbolism to it, we'll switch to tobacco chewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    That sounds a little homoerotic but I guess we'll have to settle for that since the women have rejected us from their group.
    Rugby and cigar smoking is homoerotic?
    Have you ever known rugby players? They have the most homoerotic rituals including stripping a teammate down and pouring beer all over his body if he happens to be the highest scorer that day.

I've seen this happen because a friend of mine plays. I used to take pictures at their games. I was photographing the celebration until I saw my friend's genitals and then I stopped because it was just way too gay for me. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

And cigar smoking? Well it does consist of sitting around with a group of men while sucking on a thick phallic symbol.

I have an argentine friend who is always showing me rugby videos, I think the New Zealand Haka is pretty cool. He plays in a league, never said anything about being doused in beer while in underwear..sounds pretty gay..not that there's anything wrong with that.

cigar smoking does have phallic symbolism to it, we'll switch to tobacco chewing.
    Let's just stick to bong hits.

Here's a video your friend probably didn't show you. When you score for the first time or when you score three times in a game, you need to perform a "zulu" which is when they strip you naked and douse you with beer as you run around.

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/rugby-zulu-run/14549199/

And below are more details from another link.

http://www.totaldiatribe.com/2007/12...gby-tradition/

A zulu or “zulu warrior” is a little dance or act that you must perform at the post game drink-up (another rugby tradition), while naked. Typically, the team will starting chanting “zulu” or “hey, zulu warrior” while you disrobe and then run around like a maniac while they toss beer on you. Fun tradition right? I've seen countless variations on the zulu over the years, from a guy immediately taking off his clothes on the pitch (field) after the score to guys running naked in inner city Philly to order a big mac and fries from a very surprised, and pissed-off, McDonald's employee (the best quote from this was “the sign doesn't say anything about wearing pants”).

My personal zulu came after I scored a try in my rookie season against a small liberal arts college in Eastern Pennsylvania. I'm not naming the college to spare them embarrassment, they are a college full of pussies who were too scared to even party with us after the match (the only time I can remember this happening in rugby). At any rate, I was playing in the second side match and was able to block a kick with my right hand, catch the ball when it came down, and score the try. The only problem was when I dove to place the ball on the ground, I dove directly into the knee of an opposing player. The knee was in my eye, and the fucker blew up like Rocky. At any rate, because of the lack of a party after the match, I was spared my zulu until later that month. The only problem here was my zulu occurred at the next big rugby event, our date party.

I was hoping the guys forgot that I owed a zulu, but alas, they did not. The good news, there were a good 7 or 8 other savages already naked at the party (another common tradition, at least with the guys at my university) running around. My zulu was highlighted by my date following me around, slapping me on the ass, and yelling “woooo-whooo!!!”. Ahhh, memories.

Last night was really fun! Thank you, Kristine and 411!!!

We were Kristine, two Michelles (Michelle Moore & forum member Santana), yours truly, of course, Jess, Sungal, Catalina (of 411), some of Kristine's friends, and two of my Twitter friends, Stephanie & Christine.

The food was delicious and the company even better.

Too bad we missed Brandy and Carlita ...

Yes thank you Kristine for organizing it all, and thanks to all the girlies who came! I had a really good time meeting everyone, hopefully we can do it again soon. :)

Last night was fun! It was great chatting and getting to know everyone better!
    Thanks Kristine,Michelle, and Gus!!

I tried to post a picture but it didn't work...I will attempt it again later.

All I know is that Kristine stood me up. I was left standing on a street corner waiting. I broke a heel. I chipped a fingernail. It was horrible.

I went home and sulked in a tub. Calgon.

Ayi Carlita... I'm so sorry.

Thanks ladies for coming out and sharing such a lovely evening with me! I hung out with my girls last night and they were all talking about how nice it was but that it was hard to talk to everyone.... Next time let's try to do something where everyone is closer so they can all talk!!

Manny's invited the ladies group to a free happy hour on a weekday of our choice. The offer will literally only stand for ONE hour. 5-6pm. Free drinks and appetizers. Maybe we can do happy hour at Manny's then have the mani/pedi/cosmo party in my building or the belly dancing class after stuffing our faces. lol. This will obviously be for next month which is in a few days but maybe we can try to plan our nights to be mid-month.

Up to the ladies of course!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Happy you all had a good time.

Did anyone take any pictures? Me and the fellas would love to see what we missed.

Carlos showed us how the Zulu warriors party.

I'm curious to see how the Zulu princesses got their groove on at Perricone's?

lol. My friends took a few pictures, Since Facebook is blocked at work, I'll have to post them up when I get home!

For future, in case anyone wants to take advantage of the $10 pasta dishes at Perricone's.... Larger groups do not receive the special... good thing we know people! They hooked us up. Also, try the baked brie! We were on top of that like vultures on fresh roadkill (eww... I should have chosen a nicer analogy)

OMG how did I miss this thread? I'm sorry I missed out, but next time. Typically Thursdays are bad for me because I am up in Pines.

Kristine, is this a monthly thing?

Carlos - Thank you for making me laugh, because I seriously needed it. Next time I see some chonga red and white earrings I will think of you.

Gus - you just reminded me that I have the office on DVR that needs watching. Thank you!

And for all, if the boys are having a boys night out drinking beer at Quarterdeck, I'm crashing THAT party.

Ok, here it your top secret look into our girls' night out!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    Ok, here it your top secret look into our girls' night out!
    Now you can imagine the look on everybody's face had I walked in with my red halter top, white capris, red stilettos and red and white hoop earrings?

I would have laughed.... very hard! lol

Christina, we plan to do this monthly. My usual days off are tues-thurs so these will hopefully be our days out. Of course we can also plan on weekends, this is ok too. I actually enjoy weekdays better because places aren't overly crowded everywhere!!

Hey Kristine,

If we do the mani/pedi/cosmo party where would it be? Do salons here do that or would they travel to us?

I've been to a mani/pedi/blowout party (small group), and then we would go out after because the hair looked too good to waste staying in!

lol. Maybe we can just go to a salon and do everything there, it'll be easier. I fear that the mani/pedi/cosmo party may be a bit over some people's budget, especially if we have a company come to a location and do everything privately.

I know RikRak in Brickell has a bartender. Anyone know of any other... maybe... more economical salons with a bartender? Maybe around the sobe area? I remember passing by one on Lincoln Road that had a bar and a DJ in the front but last time I passed by, it looked closed so they may no longer be in business? I remember the store being close between the Anthropologie store and Doraku area.

I found one with more light :)

Woo. I copy, pasted(from facebook), and posted that picture all from my trusty blackberry.

Oh how I love handheld technology!

So who's who in the photo? I only recognize a couple of faces. Maybe we can get a "from left to right" caption.

ok... Now since I am sitting at my desk again, this picture is blocked so let me work off my memory (wish me luck)

Left to right: Stephanie, Maria, Christine, Katalina, Jess, Sungal (her name has never been posted here so I don't know if I should?), Michelle, Michelle (Santana), Me, Emily, Reina, Gina, Liza, and Lynette.

All the names after the "me" are my girlfriends. They are not on the site. Stephanie and Christine were Maria's friends from Twitter I believe

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast