Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Just landed in MIA...tell me where to eat!

So i've finally arrived! I begin condo hunting tomorrow...but i'm here for a week with my wife. Loving it so far. The weather is fantastic..especially since we are coming from a long cold Manhattan winter.

Ok, so I know that in NYC the best places to eat are only know by the locals...so come on locals...tell me where to go! No touristy places please..I want good food and really want to see what the cuisine here is all about.

So tell me your favorite little hole in the wall's...those hidden restaurants that a visitor would never find..and your overall favorites of where I should try. Not looking for uber expensive places (unless it's really worth it)...

Coming from Manhattan, i'm obsessed with good eats so please lay em on me!

I'll keep all of you up to date on my rental finds.

Ha! We never share the real local places! Just kidding..

The Delano for lunch is yummy. Swank atmosphere, reasonable prices (for the Delano), and very good turkey club with sweet potato fries and seafood cobb salad.

If you hate tourists avoid eating on Ocean and opt for Lincoln Rd, not because it's tourist-free, but the locals tend to eat on Lincoln too. Skip Nexxt because it's basically the Cheesecake factory. I recommend Segafredo Espresso. I've been wanting to try Balan's...(think it's sort of a French Bistro)I like Paul's for a croissant and cappuchino. You may also want to go to Lime for a burrito, on Alton.

I heard the best key lime pie is at Big Pink's. If you like a good cheeseburger you must go to cheeseburger baby!!

You need to go over the bridge/causeway to get to Michy's but it's worth it. And chances are no tourists will be there...Unless they asked the Delano concierge where to go for dinner.

I just had a nice dinner at Gotham Steak..you can read a funny story about it under my childish heading "I get to go wherever I want for dinner."

Enjoy!

Re-reading my post I'm begining to think that I eat at tourist places..I guess that's just what's close to me..

I like Giardino Salads on 14th and Alton Rd.- freshly made salads with homeade crutons and 20 different dressings. Depressing decor but fresh salads.

Lot's of people complain about icy pricy, but I had a nice dinner there, and it's a bit off Lincoln Rd (ice box)..You should go for at least dessert..

Wing Zone has great buffalo wings if you're in SoBe. Try Tobacco Road, great food, music, ambiance, and they have the oldest liquor license in Dade county.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Khurram, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

Here are a few suggestions...

- Go Go on Alton Road for healthy empanadadas, soups and salads.
    - T-Mex on 14th Street for good chicken soft tacos
    - Charlotte's Bakery on Washington for delicious baked goods and coffee
    - Lime on Alton Rod for decent Mexican food
    - Rice on Alton Road for Mediterranean food
    - Le Sandwicherie, across the street from Club Deuce for sandwiches

Mmmm... I'm getting hungry.

I'm going to move this thread to the Restaurant forum.

Good luck with your apartment search!

Hmm, I will definately have to try T-Mex and Rice...

Kuhrran, can you let us know where you went and how you liked the food/atmosphere?

If you're in a hurry you can go to Whole Foods on 10th and Alton for prepared foods...healty and inexpensive, and I'm pretty sure they have tables. I've never been to the one here because it's so far away from where I live :(

I have a feeling you'll end up on Lincoln Rd. and Ocean Dr. at least a few times, just because half of the fun of dining out in Miami is people watching!

Once you move here, you'll have plenty of time to scope out the local places-if there even is such a thing..

You may want to try Oliva's/Olivers on Alton...good food with alfresco dining!