Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Restaurants with boat docks

Other than the Hard Rock at Bayside are there any restaurants where you can dock your boat? TIA

Preferred Member

yes, you can also dock at Monty's on the beach.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Don't forget about Shuckers restaurant on 71st Street, you can dock a boat there.

New User

Is that Monty's on Alton Rd? Also can you dock there (or anywhere) to spend the day on south beach. I hate parking a car there....I can never find a spot...thanks, John

Hi JerseyJohn ... I definitely recommend the car!

I just spoke to someone from Miami Beach Marina.

When you arrive, there will be an attendant at the floating dock to help you or give you your best options if the slips are full.

Here's the low down:

In the RED ZONE, docking is complimentary for 2 hours for boats under 35 feet. If that dockage is full, you can dock at the BLUE ZONE. If you go over 2 hours, you will be charged the same as in the blue zone.

In the BLUE ZONE, you pay $1 per foot plus tax, with a 30 foot minimum. In other words, if your boat is 17 feet, you still pay for 30. Four hours max.

Dropping off or picking up people is subject to the same rate as the blue zone.

It's first come, first serve. If there happens to be a regatta (as in this weekend), you may be hard-pressed to find a slip.

If you figure out the costs, that's a lot of hard-earned coconuts for spending an entire day on South Beach! I recommend boating as a separate activity ... then drive to South Beach and just park. Or come to Monty's for a cupla hours and then do South Beach via car on a different day.

New User

Manola,

Thanks for the info...any tips on where to park a car.

Thanks, JJ

Gus

Parking at Miami Beach Marina is easy - there's a free lot. If the lot is full, Monty's also has free, or at least very cheap valet parking.

We discussed parking here. Hope it helps! There are plenty of garages all over the place.

New User

Scotty's Landing in Coconut Grove is accesible by Boat.

Gus

Hi Centurion, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

Thanks for letting us know about Scotty's Landing.

New User

Although not in miami Rendezvous in Ft lauderdale was fabulous! The food was great and so was the service.

Centurion, interesting choice for a screen name may I inquire as to the motivation behind it?

Suzanne C

HELLO!!! Sundays on the Bay on Key Biscayne!

Gus

Thanks for posting, Suzy. I had not heard of "Sundays on the Bay". Are you sure the restaurant is still open? A Yahoo review says they're closed:

I was trying to make reservations for a customer at "Sundays on the Bay" and when dialing the phone number it said it was disconnected. I called directory assistance and they did not have a listing so I called a large hotel in the area and spoke with the Concierge department. I was told that Sundays on the bay was severely damaged in the last hurricane and was torn down so it is no longer open. I asked what a similar restaurant to it with the view and such was and she recommended The Rusty Pelican.
    I tried to call the restaurant and got no answer.

Not sure if The Rusty Pelican has boat docks.

Suzanne C

You're absolutely right Gus.

I called the Key Biscayne Chamber of Commerce and they advised me that Sundays on the Bay is closed due to damage from a previous storm. The lovely girl also stated that a 2009 re-opening including new construction is rumored but that so far, it's been just a rumor.

Also, I called the Rusty Pelican...sadly, no boat access.

I got this list from Sail Miami.

# Scotty's Landing Restaurant & Marina Live outdoor entertainment Thurs. - Sun. 5 pm to 9:00 pm. Citgo fuel dock, dry dock storage, do-it-yourself boatyard. 3200 Pan American Dr., Coconut Grove, Fl. Adjacent to Dinner Key Marina. (305) 858-2626.
    # Bayside Seafood 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami. Five slips, 5' draft. 305-361-0808.
    # Docks on the Bay 3969 163rd St., North Miami. 450 ft. dock. 7-12 ft. draft. 305-949-2855.
    # Garcia's Seafood Grille & Fish Market 398 N. River Dr. On the Miami River. 7 a.m. to 7p.m. (305) 375-0765.
    # Island's Cafe 9601 East Harbor Dr., Bay Harbor. 60 ft. dock, 4' draft. No sailboats. 305-868-4141.
    # Jimbo's Shrimp 305-361-7026 Virginia Key.
    # Joe's Seafood Restaurant & Market 400 NW North River Dr. On the Miami River. 11 am to 10 pm. 305-381-9329.
    # Mike Gordon's Seafood Restaurant 1201 N. 79th St., Miami. Up to 68 ft. dock. 4 slips. Marked channel. 3.5 ft. draft at low tide. 305-751-4429.
    # Monty's Raw Bar 2600 S. Bayshore Dr., Coconut Grove, Fl.150 slips. 7 ft. draft. 305-856-3992
    # The Afterdeck at Haulover Marina 15000 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 6 slips. 12 ft. draft low tide. 305-944-1415.
    # Shuckers 1819 79th St. Causeway, North Miami. 5 ft. draft low tide. 305-866-1570.
    Now that I'm reminded of the river options, how can I not mention Finnegan's River.

Great list, Suzy! Thank you.

Sundays on the Bay was such a fun place ... looking forward to its reopening.