Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Mad Men Mondays at Mayfair - Cheap Drinks/Eats

Now *this* is a good deal ...

The AMC series “Man Men” is back, and the Mayfair Hotel Lobby Bar, 3000 Florida Ave., in Coconut Grove is going back to the early '60s to celebate with drink and dinner deals.

Starting Monday, Aug. 17, Mad Men-era drinks such as the martini, Manhattan, Rob Roy, old-fashioned, Tom Collins, Harvey Wallbanger, Bloody Mary (just like the one Sally Draper serves mom & dad), plus beer are wine, will be $3.50 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Mondays.

Music will be '60s originals and modern takes on '60s classics, with clips and episodes of Man Men on the big screen.

The bar is also offering a speical Mad Men Mondays Menu for dinner: three courses for $20.99 plus tax. Information: 305-445-8177.
    courtesy of Miami on the Cheap

They should offer 1960s prices that would be even cooler. Beer was like .90-$1 back then.

I went last Monday - the place was dead (we were the only people there specifically for the Mad Men happy hour), but my friends and I had a BLAST! $3.50 drinks is dangerous, as we all ended up quite sloshed and ended up having a pretty crazy evening. But the staff was GREAT, and they had the season premiere playing, and people trickled in soon enough.

The steak tartar was out of hand!

w00t! Tere! Sounds great to me!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Sounds fun.

Michelle and I are huge Mad Men fans. We just finished watching the Season 2 DVD in 2 days.

Did Mayfair have the show on TV?

Yes, the season premiere (which had first aired the night before) was playing.

I'm crazy about the show. One of my friends and I (who went to happy hour with me) have this vicious thing going where we break each episode down and speculate what's coming next....