Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Uh-oh!!!! Burger Beast will not be happy you said that's the best burger site!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Seco
    Burger lovers, rejoice! I present you the greatest (burger) Web site ever - http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

It features tons of recipes so you can make restaurant quality burgers at home.
    It's a fine site, thanks for the link. It goes with our state motto here in Wisconsin "Eat Cheese or Die!"

Sorry. Wrong thread.

I had to buy frozen white castles at the grocery store today thanks to this thread. and inspect the holes...Is the only difference between them and Krystal burgers a pickle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Lucente
    I had to buy frozen white castles at the grocery store today thanks to this thread. and inspect the holes...Is the only difference between them and Krystal burgers a pickle?
    Becca, I am no expert when its comes to Krystal Burgers. Please see my description of how white castles are prepared and how I found them in comparison to Krystal. The holes, in my opinion are white castles 'secret weapon' of hamburger deliciousness! I suggest people check out www.whitecastle.com. Under the 'crave' tab is a fun fact section.

Please note, pickles are not included in your frozen burgers as pickles do not freeze well (you can find this fact in the FAQ section of their website).

I also had to buy the frozen White Castle burgers because of this thread. I just finished eating four.

I wasn't expecting much because I never do from anything that is microwavable. Usually when I see instructions for a microwave, I search for conventional oven instructions because even though it takes longer, it usually tastes better.

But there were no instructions for the conventional oven.

And I was hungry. It was just before midnight and I had last eaten at 4:30 p.m. I walked over to the Winn Dixie and bought them.

They come six in the box and two to a package. Instructions said to zap each package at 60 seconds. I did.

As soon as I opened the microwave door, I was hit with the smell. Not bad. I then scalded myself as I grabbed the package.

I bit into one as soon as I tore open the package but it was way too hot. I let it cool down a bit and it was rather bland. And the bread had that hardness in some spots when you microwave bread too long.

I tried it again with a second package. This time only 50 seconds. And this time I let it cool down before opening the package.

I also added salt, pepper and Frank's hot sauce.

Much, much better.

But I still prefer Royal Castle.

Sorry, my bad that y'all had to buy burgers. :)

This is off topic, but I'm going to try my first in-and-out burger today ... I'm in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    This is off topic, but I'm going to try my first in-and-out burger today ... I'm in LA.
    you may be disappointed as the burgers are generally small and dry. Make sure you try the fries and go mongo or something like that to get x-tra cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    I always ask for the fries a little extra crispy because they taste better that way.

Thanks for the tips, Carlos & Fred!

Ooohhh In-nOUt Burger! Can't wait to hear about it...

And thanks for clearing the pickle situation up. I am sorry that they don't freeze well...I still have some white castles in my freezer...I think they are speaking to me,...

Ooohhh In-nOUt Burger! Can't wait to hear about it...

And thanks for clearing the pickle situation up. I am sorry that they don't freeze well...I still have some white castles in my freezer...I think they are speaking to me,...
    carlos had good advice, dont over microwave them!

So I just had the last two burgers that came in the box. This time I didn't microwave them at all.

What I did was let them defrost for a few hours, then I grilled them on my cast iron griddle that was already seasoned with bacon grease from breakfast.

I separated the top bun because the bottom bun did not come off. Then I just tossed it burger side on the griddle at medium-high and I also tossed the other bun on the griddle as well.

And speaking of bacon, I had a strip left over from this morning, so I cut it in half and placed a piece on each burger.

I also added the usual salt, pepper and Frank's hot sauce.

This is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Seco
    Burger lovers, rejoice! I present you the greatest (burger) Web site ever - http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

It features tons of recipes so you can make restaurant quality burgers at home.
    It's a fine site, thanks for the link. It goes with our state motto here in Wisconsin "Eat Cheese or Die!"
    I thought the saying in WI is; come smell our dairy air ( derriere ) :lol:

that's our secondary motto but it is more correctly stated 'our fresh dairy air!'

I have a serious polly-o string cheese addiction....If I buy a 123 stick package, I'll eat 8 within a few hours... Im thinki8ng I should move to Wisconsin... Especially becaus3e they have an amazing masters of Fine Arts program in creative writing and one of my fav authors ever, Laurie Moore was/is a professor in their program

I have a serious polly-o string cheese addiction....If I buy a 123 stick package, I'll eat 8 within a few hours... Im thinki8ng I should move to Wisconsin... Especially becaus3e they have an amazing masters of Fine Arts program in creative writing and one of my fav authors ever, Laurie Moore was/is a professor in their program
    Becca, as much as I love wisconsin, one think to keep in mind is that when i woke up this morning, it was 27 degrees here and at the same time it was 84 in miami beach!

Sungal,

It's ok if he thinks that other site is the best burger site. The fact that he believes Krystal and White Castle are the same says it all, lol.

Ugh. I just discovered that eating those frozen microwavable White Castle burgers taste horrible if you are not under the influence of something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast