Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New User

Default Re: Your favorite restaurant in Miami?

Joe's Stone Crab without a doubt. Although it's only open part of the year, they don't take reservations, and you usually have to bribe the waiters with cash to get the large Stone Crabs....it is still such a cool place and they have the best Stone Crab in Florida.

Okay, I'm probably going to repeat some because I can't keep them all straight, but let me see what I can remember. I'm going to keep it to actual sit-down food places. And these are in no particular order.

South Beach
    Nexxt
    Lucky Strike
    Van Dyke Cafe
    Beach BBQ (really!)
    Escopazzo
    that German place on Lincoln
    Hosteria Romana on Espanola (SO good)
    La Sandwicherie (not technically a sit-down, but good enough to mention, anyway)
    11th Street Diner
    Manolo's
    Big Pink
    El Rancho Grande
    Oh Mexico
    Iron Sushi (again, not really a sit down place, but some excellent inexpensive sushi)
    Caffeto (okay, another exception, but YUM)
    Lime
    Spris
    Piola

Brickell/Downtown
    Tobacco Road
    Rik Rak Salon (ZOMG so good!)
    Urbanite Bistro (almost in Wynwood)
    People's BBQ
    Taqueria El Mexicano
    Con Tutto Pizza a la Pala & Grill (really on Calle Ocho)

MiMo District
    Casa Toscana
    Kingdom
    Chef Creole (actually Little Haiti)
    Soyka

Gables
    Chu's Taiwan Grill (holy CRAP, you have to try this place!)
    Mambo Café

And way up at Gulfstream Park
    Tonino Lamborghini Caffe Corsa - really worth the drive and not near as expensive as you would expect.

That's about all I can do off the top of my head at the moment.

rk

Very nice list, thanks!

Thai House 2 Restaurant & Sushi Bar North Miami Beach FL

My entire family has been obsessed w this place for 15+ yrs. It is AMAZING. The one in SoBe is fine (10% off when ordering online btw) but absolutely nothing compared to this one. I hate driving any more than 10 mins to eat and I will go up there at any moment of the day. Its usually busy but the service is incredible and I literally always say this is the BEST THAI ever - it made Thai my favorite type of food from the first time I went over 15 yrs ago.

Hiros Sushi in SoBe is open late and always good with really low prices compared to other Sobe places. They take orders online and give you 10% off (but charge for delivery - good if you're picking up though) Its a counter type place too so no tips required though we usually leave a little extra.

We love this Indian place too http://bengalindiancuisine.com/
    Last edited by cockerspaniellove; 07-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.

OK, I adore Thai food (had it last night ) and so I will check this place out. It is my favorite as when I went to Thailand, I ate Pad Thai from a street vendor on Koh San Road...I still, to this day, think that is the best meal I have ever had.

New User

Default Re: Your favorite restaurant in Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by sandylovesmiami View Post
    I love Van Dykes on Lincoln Road, good food, not too terribly expensive as you might think, love the inside as well as the outdoor cafe, haven't been upstairs yet to hear the jazz, soon I hope, but,..
    I have been to this restaurant and i loved it. Good food and the ambiance was very nice. I sat outside and heard the Jazz from upstairs and i just melted into the area around me drinking wine w/ friends. My favorite restaurant on south beach has to be Joe's Stone Crab, Mango's (believe it or not but i love their world famous churrasco) and Smith & Wollensky Steak house

Default La Locanda

I went back to one of my favorite restaurants last night, La Locanda. I was always impressed by their high level of service and reasonable prices. Well, they moved! Luckily, they moved right next door to their previous location.

The new location is alot bigger, they still have tables out front if you want to dine al fresco. The decor is modern and chic. They expanded their menu to include brick oven pizzas, and more appetizers and desserts, but they have managed to keep the prices the same.

The quality of service was still very high, and they don't automatically add a service charge either.

That's really close to me..maybe I'll try it tonight. Wow, I just looked at the menu...$12 for an arugula salad and $17 for ravioli? Those are similar to Casa Tua prices. It seems a bit overpriced for a casual neighborhood Italian place.
    Last edited by sungal; 07-24-2010 at 02:32 PM.

We had the farfalle al salmone for about $16, which was really good. The tiramisu was $7. The NY strip steak with balsamic reduction was about $22. I'm used to NY prices, and figured with what I saw in South Beach, this was reasonable here.

My price point is about $13 for a plain pasta dish, a little more if it includes a protein. I looked at the insalata mista which was around $8, skipped it in favor of dessert.

Didn't order any wine. Oh, that's changed too, they have a full bar now, so more than just beer and wine.

On a previous trip, I think I had a really good carbonara there, but I didn't see it on the menu last night.

Default Re: Naoe

Quote Originally Posted by nefrocatracho View Post
    One of the best restaurants I have ever been to, anywhere. Serious foodies only! the ingredients are unique and the price high.
    Nefro! I went last Friday and I concur NAOE is one of the best restaurants anywhere, period! It absolutely blew my mind and that is an understatement. If you know my style of writing, you know I don't say something like that unless I really mean it.

I wasn't expecting the absolutely sensual experience it would be for three hours. I ended up tweeting things like "after that Bento Box, I think I need a cigarette, and I don't even smoke." I have rarely enjoyed food so much ... and I was dining sans companion! I will be posting about it here and doing a write-up on Sex and the Beach. It takes top spot as one of the most romantic places to dine in South Florida because the whole experience is, dare I say, even tantric.

Spot-on, nefro! Thank you so much for bringing this restaurant up here in the forums. It really is a South Florida gem. By the way, I think Chef Cory remembers you! You know how much attention they pay to detail ... I'm not surprised.

Default Bellini

Just tried a new place for lunch. I went to Bellini on Ocean Dr near 5th St. Yeah, I wasn't expecting too much from a place on Ocean Dr. Actually, I was expecting the worst. I expected to have crappy food for tourists; I expected the items to be expensive; I expected the add-ons to be expensive, and not highlighted; and I expected the bill to be wrong in favor of the management. I was wrong on all accounts.

Now, it was a nice day in SoBe, and I get that sittng outside on Ocean Dr on a Sunday afternoon under the umbrellas is something that one should pay a premium for. I get it, the location should be reflected in the price, and I'm willing to pay something for that.

The greeter, said that they were offering a complimentary bellini with the meal, and a 25% discount at the time (I expected to be charged with it later). We ordered a margherita pizza to start ($9), and then a penne alla vodka ($18) to share. Typically, I would say that the pasta was outside of my price range, but it stated that it was made with Grey Goose (who could prove that), and came with salmon, so the price was acceptable.

Well, the food was really good. The pizza was brick oven and had a wonderful thin crust, it was very cheesy (I think this would appeal to most people), I thought it was a little lite on the basil. The pasta had HUGE chucks of salmon in it. It was excellent.

The staff was very friendly, and we talked with at least 5 of the employees there as well as the owner. Everyone was very nice. This helped make the decision to have dessert alot easier. Alot of the desserts were about $7. We ordered the chocolate torta, and it was also big and delicious.

We asked for the check, and everything was perfect. No bellinis were listed, the discount was correct, and no additional items were there. Well, that waiter got that discount right back in terms of a tip, and his 18% service was upped to boot! Gotta reward good behavior on Ocean Dr.

We'll definitely be back and will bring friends.

Default Re: Naoe

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Nefro! I went last Friday and I concur NAOE is one of the best restaurants anywhere, period! It absolutely blew my mind and that is an understatement. If you know my style of writing, you know I don't say something like that unless I really mean it.

I wasn't expecting the absolutely sensual experience it would be for three hours. I ended up tweeting things like "after that Bento Box, I think I need a cigarette, and I don't even smoke." I have rarely enjoyed food so much ... and I was dining sans companion! I will be posting about it here and doing a write-up on Sex and the Beach. It takes top spot as one of the most romantic places to dine in South Florida because the whole experience is, dare I say, even tantric.

Spot-on, nefro! Thank you so much for bringing this restaurant up here in the forums. It really is a South Florida gem. By the way, I think Chef Cory remembers you! You know how much attention they pay to detail ... I'm not surprised.
    Hi Maria I'm so glad you enjoyed it! We always sit at the sushi bar and talk to Kevin and Wendy, so he may remember me. If you want to get him out of his shell share a few shots of sake with him ha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12