Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your favorite restaurant in Miami?

Last night I was with friends trying to choose a place to go for dinner on Saturday. We couldn't decide on a place at all! It got me to thinking, where are my favorite places right now to eat in Miami, and I wondered about everyone else? Maybe that will give me some inspiration next time I have to pick a restaurant for dinner!

My usual places are so casual (Montys, Big Pink etc) and I have eaten at Clarkes, El Rancho so many times. Where does everyone like to go and eat?

Default Re: Your favorite restaurant in Miami?

Excellent question! I am having a hard time with this one myself. Palmetto Bay has VERY limited choices. I opt for the chains - PF Chang's, Pei Wei, Bogatella, Miller's Ale House, and Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza.

When I want some pizazz, I head over to the Dadeland Mall for the Cheesecake Factory and there is also a good restaurant across the hall from the Factory, though I can't remember the name.

On the beach, I rarely have dinner. Though if I did, I tend to opt for the fancy - I would like to try RED, STK Miami, and I haven't eaten at Ola in a while, but would like to go back. I would also like to go to Asia de Cuba as I really enjoyed the one in NY.

On the not-so-expensive side, Segafreddo was nice for appetizers a couple weeks ago.

I would like to know more about casual, but really good, restaurants on Espanola and Lincoln. If anyone has any recommendations, let us know!

The only place I make a point of eating at each time I'm down there is at Moon.

Moon Thai Restaurant

Oh, Maria has recommended that restaurant. Gus says he doesn't like thai but I love it. I will check out their menu to see if he would like anything because I am definitely down to try something new. Thanks for the rec!

Me too, I adore Thai food! The Gables is not so easy though for me. The Thai place on SoBe is one of my favorite places on the beach to eat.

i loved Bubba Gump shrimp restaurant at Bayside marina

"I would like to know more about casual, but really good, restaurants on Espanola and Lincoln. If anyone has any recommendations, let us know!"

Altamare is excellent and it's on Lincoln and Alton. Sushi Samba always has good food and a great atmosphere..
    And don't forget about icebox on Lincoln, great food and even better desserts.

Default Naoe

One of the best restaurants I have ever been to, anywhere. Serious foodies only! the ingredients are unique and the price high. Their location is set for demolition later this year to make way for the new oceanarium in Sunny Isles, so go while you can

New User

I love Van Dykes on Lincoln Road, good food, not too terribly expensive as you might think, love the inside as well as the outdoor cafe, haven't been upstairs yet to hear the jazz, soon I hope, but,..

A La Folie Cafe on Espanola Way is fabulous. It's like walking down a narrow little pathway in Europe leading to this out of the way little jewel. Love love love that place. It's like a trip back to Paris in the 1930's. I wish I lived in the apartment building across the street from it, would be there morning, noon and night.

New User

Amazing food at D. Rodriguez Cuba and Oh gosh you must eat at La Mera at the Tides, chef Gonzalo Rivera is of Mexican decent and makes the most out of this world dishes.
    El Sabor de Peru on 30th and Biscayne is to die for, I stop there at least once a week.
    There are so many options!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Oh, Maria has recommended that restaurant. Gus says he doesn't like thai but I love it. I will check out their menu to see if he would like anything because I am definitely down to try something new. Thanks for the rec!
    Michelle, I've never been Moon Thai ... perhaps I was recommending something else or you meant a different Maria? That being said, I love thai food! Siam Lotus Room is close to me in South Miami and I usually go there when I have a craving. I like patronizing it too because it has been around for a long time and you know that's a rare thing in Miami. Siam Lotus Room

Default Re: Naoe

Quote Originally Posted by nefrocatracho View Post
    One of the best restaurants I have ever been to, anywhere. Serious foodies only! the ingredients are unique and the price high. Their location is set for demolition later this year to make way for the new oceanarium in Sunny Isles, so go while you can
    Hi nefro! You mean this restaurant, right? http://www.naoemiami.com/

There are soooooooo many restaurants I love in South Florida, it's hard to know where to even begin! Here are some recent places:

Scarpetta (Fountainbleau Hotel)
    Perricone's (Mary Brickell Village)
    Rik Rak Salon (Brickell ... yes, a beauty salon with a great café on the premises ... great lunch!)
    Jaguar (Coconut Grove) ceviche heaven
    Exquisito (Little Havana) best Cuban food in Miami ... home-style
    Scully's Tavern (Kendall) amazing rosemary pork shank

I went to midtown last night and walked past a place called Asian Kitchen...looked really good so I am definitely going to try that out soon. Has anyone been there?

Hi Jess! I think you might mean Sakaya Asian kitchen ... if that's the case, I've heard nothing but rave reviews from my foodie friends about the place. It's on my list of new places to try.

It's on the same side as 5 guys... looks so good. It's on my list too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I went to midtown last night and walked past a place called Asian Kitchen...looked really good so I am definitely going to try that out soon. Has anyone been there?
    Asian kitchen is awesome. I took Matt there the day he helped me move and he liked it too.

Default Re: Naoe

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Hi Maria yes that's it! Check out the reviews on yelp it's gotten about 45 reviews and all but 5 or so are 5 stars. If you go, ask to sit at the sushi bar so you can watch chef Kevin Cory work his magic. He, his hostess, and two assistants are really friendly. Last time he made this marinated pork jaw as one of the compartments in the bento box, it was amazing. The fish comes flown in from Japan the same day, some he buys the same morning from Haulover or Hollywood fishermen. The sake comes from his family's brewery in Japan. I've been to my share of high end places like Charlie trotter's and el bulli. This place is up there, it's that good. Some have said it competes with the best places in Tokyo. I don't know what I'm going to do when that building gets torn down.

It seems like such an amazing place should not go to restaurant heaven ... I've inquired to see if they might be relocating elsewhere. I'd love to try it someday! I know some serious sushi fans and even they weren't aware of this restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    It seems like such an amazing place should not go to restaurant heaven ... I've inquired to see if they might be relocating elsewhere. I'd love to try it someday! I know some serious sushi fans and even they weren't aware of this restaurant.
    Restaurant heaven, no! The problem is that they haven't gotten official word yet on the demolition, but I have a friend in the know who says it's a done deal. Sunny isles is building an oceanarium on that site across from St Tropez. Supposed to start construction later in the year. I told Kevin he should look for a higher profile location. At 17 seats per night this place should have a 3 month waiting list!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast