Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default South Florida Dines - Eat Out for Half Price!!!

I just learned about this yesterday from forum member Coach.

South Florida Dines :-D

South Florida Dines offers great 50% off coupons that you can print right away from your computer. Unlike Groupon, there is no need to wait for other people to purchase the same deal. I can't believe how ridiculously good this is and that I've never taken advantage of it before.

It's not always the same restaurants though, but for example, right now you can order $60 at Sardinia and pay only $30.00 for the coupon.

rk

Sorry to piggyback on your thread, but I just posted this in another thread and it may be useful here as well:

"Don't forget restaurant.com where you can get a $25 certificate for many restaurants for $10, and every other week or so they discount it to $2, so it's almost free. To find out about the $2 deal sign up for their email newsletter and they'll mail you the coupon code every so often.

Keep the restrictions in mind, which are mainly as follows: Must spend $35 or more to use the $25 coupon, can't use more than one coupon per restaurant per month. Read any other restrictions as well.

Other than that it's a great deal, and there are many popular restaurants listed."

No worries, rk ... the more the merrier! Can you provide a link to the thread?

rk

It is that thread about the Miami Spice menu:

Miami Spice Restaurant Month

and a link to restaurant.com:

http://www.restaurant.com/

(today's deal is you can use promo code FREEDOM to get a $10 certificate for $5, but if you wait a few days they should have another promo code for $2 certificates)

Thanks for remembering to post, Maria! I kept forgetting. And thanks for the heads up, RK. Good stuff for all us broke Miamians!

rk

For the next few days you can use promo code FUN at restaurant.com to get a $25 certificate for $2 (vs the normal $10).

New User

Cool Re: South Florida Dines - Eat Out for Half Price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    Sorry to piggyback on your thread, but I just posted this in another thread and it may be useful here as well:
    Just so everyone is clear - Restaurant.com isn't the same as southfloridadines.com - restaurant.com requires a minimum spend to use the certificates for instance if you buy a 50 for 25 you have to spend 75 - not a very good deal - where South Florida Dines there are no hidden gimmicks - buy a 50 for 25 and no minimum spend required - just fyi

New User

Default Re: South Florida Dines - Eat Out for Half Price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    For the next few days you can use promo code FUN at restaurant.com to get a $25 certificate for $2 (vs the normal $10).
    Again - what he forgets to tell everyone is that there is a minimum - maybe not with the $25 but the higher certificates there are - also check the menu prices before you purchase a $25 - it may not even cover a single entree -

Restaurant Guy, thanks for stopping by and pointing that out. I realize South Florida Dines is not the same and that in some ways it's a better deal, but we do want to cover all options.

You know what would be really awesome? Being able to buy those South Florida Dines coupons on an iPhone app and using a digital coupon instead of a printed one. I wonder if something like that has been done.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Restaurant Guy, thanks for stopping by and pointing that out. I realize South Florida Dines is not the same and that in some ways it's a better deal, but we do want to cover all options.

You know what would be really awesome? Being able to buy those South Florida Dines coupons on an iPhone app and using a digital coupon instead of a printed one. I wonder if something like that has been done.
    I mentioned that same idea when i called them - and they said that they will have an app with a code that you show the server - Wooo- Hoooo

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post

you should also check out the sister site to South Florida Dines
    dininghalfoff.com - part of the NBC family - Miami is listed on the bottom

rk

Quote Originally Posted by restaurant Guy View Post
    Again - what he forgets to tell everyone is that there is a minimum - maybe not with the $25 but the higher certificates there are - also check the menu prices before you purchase a $25 - it may not even cover a single entree -
    From my original post above:

"Keep the restrictions in mind, which are mainly as follows: Must spend $35 or more to use the $25 coupon, can't use more than one coupon per restaurant per month. Read any other restrictions as well.

Other than that it's a great deal, and there are many popular restaurants listed."

I am not sure what you mean about checking menu prices, they're the same as any other time. Currently there are about 60 restaurants participating in the 33139 zip code e.g. and for $2 for a $25 coupon it is a great deal (keeping restrictions in mind, of course).

I am writing this as someone who has tried the coupons and found them accepted and a great deal, not because I have any connection with the web site.

Hey Maria!

Thanks for the tip on South Florida Dines! I just purchased several certificates to use next week, when my hungry 18-yr old son and 19-yr old daughter will be here! Saved me a ton!! AND I found a promo code, "JULY," that will get you a 15% discount!!

I've used restaurant.com for quite some time. In some cases, it is more economical than South Florida Dines. For example, if two people were going to spend $60 on a meal and they purchased a $25 certificate for $2, the final cost would be $37. So, it just depends on the amount of money you will be spending, the discount available on southfloridadines, yada, yada. There are a few more restrictions with restaurant.com, so you have to weigh all the variables before you decide which to use.

I also just recently found out about Prime Card, which is like a credit card of sorts. It gives you a discount at selected restaurants, but the credit appears on your bill, not at the restaurant. Also, the monthly bill is debited from whatever credit card you set up at registration. Its only good at 8 oz Burger Bar here on the beach as far as I can tell, but may be worthwhile for those of you who like to venture into Miami to dine. There is a $25 yearly fee which is waived for the first six months.

Thanks for the extra tip, MBB!

Thank you for all the tips; we will have to check it out!

Don't forget www.idine.com - automatically gives you up to 20% back + there are tons of locations all over the country. Site is good w/ pics of the places, current reviews, menus etc. Could stack with other programs since they are separate, unless the restaurant somehow knows and doesn't submit - not sure if the credit at point of purchase is automatic or manual. Remember to register all your cards and keep receipts. Have only had one problem and they fixed it after I emailed a copy + the info.

Restaurant.com is great if you are into the locations that participate - this is always changing. Quarterdeck in SoBe was on it and just closed - hoepfully to remodel! $35 minimum for 2 people isn't a problem in most cases - obviously not for places where you order 2 salads . 25% cashback w/ mrrebates brings a $100 certificate to $6 and so on....

Best idea is to buy the amount in a generic gift certificate, which you can redeem down the line for any location and in any amount that's offered. Many restaurants are the same across the programs, so the idine may kick in automatically after a coupon is used but nothing lost if it doesn't.

We've been to about 25 places on these sites + just about all have been great.
    Last edited by cockerspaniellove; 07-21-2010 at 08:01 PM.