Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like your style, UTS.

And if you ever get called a gringo, just call whoever said it to you a Spic. See how they like it. Not so funny, is it?

Default Re: Why Such Bad Customer Service in Miami Restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    South Beach is worse than service in other parts of Miami, I've found. There is a kind of elitist pretension that some people have -- kind of like that shirt, I'm in Miami, Bitch! I've noticed it also at copy stores and in office lobbies. I think there will be some of it anywhere there is a tourist crowd. People are less inclined to be nice, because they assume they'll never see you again, I suppose.
    Actually, in my case, the worst customer service I've ever had is at Kinko's. Somehow, they think that working at Kinko's is almost like being an IT professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Actually, in my case, the worst customer service I've ever had is at Kinko's. Somehow, they think that working at Kinko's is almost like being an IT professional.
    I completely agree! I've never seen attitude like I've seen at Kinko's! And that's nationwide!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I think there's more to it than just being laidback. Key West, for example, feels very laidback (moreso than South Beach) and while the customer service can be a little slow, workers seem pretty pleasant and friendly for the most part.
    Hmm..I have a feeling it has to do with them being able to have Key Lime pie whenever they want! If you want to avoid Kinko's try Fed Ex Office on Washington and 5th. Everyone is helpful and professional.

Aren't Kinkos and Fed-Ex the same company now?

Yes they are one and the same.
    Fedex on Lincoln Road and Alton are really good! I have gone in there many times, they are super helpful.

That was the one that I had the problems with. I asked for parchment paper for some fliers I was having printed and he looked at me like I was nuts and said they didn't have it. I didn't believe him so I asked the manager over and he found it for me. The clerk told the manager in front of me that I didn't know how to say it in Spanish, and I was like, um, no, you didn't ask me what it was in Spanish. It was more the attitude than the actual conversation.

Yesterday me and Jess went to lunch on her lunch hour. The kitchen somehow forgot the check, and since she had to be back at her office we had to leave, getting our food in to-go boxes. Was cold by the time we got back to the office.

Today it took me half an hour to drop off 11 items of dry cleaning, and only 5 of that was spent waiting in line. Not only did the lady have no idea how to get me a total so I could pre pay, she also couldn't figure out how to give me an itemized receipt, and overcharged me $11 on my debit card. And she REFUSED to call someone who spoke English to expedite the process. This was at Dry Clean USA in the Gables, I might add, not the corner cleaners in Little Havana.

Just saying, it never f--ing ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post

And she REFUSED to call someone who spoke English to expedite the process. This was at Dry Clean USA in the Gables, I might add, not the corner cleaners in Little Havana.
    Holy crap, that's terrible! Wow, bet White Dade rage surfaced at that point.

You didn't even mention the prices. That's what annoyed me most about dry cleaning. $20 for a dress! Matt, can you do pick up/drop off service with a dry cleaner in the area?

You just have to be a dick. When anyone starts giving you bad customer service, call them on it. I can be very sarcastic and cutting in these situations.

I don't put up with that crap at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    You just have to be a dick. When anyone starts giving you bad customer service, call them on it. I can be very sarcastic and cutting in these situations.

I don't put up with that crap at all.
    That's exactly how I play it. My wife doesn't even accompany to my medical appointments anymore because she's seen me blow up more than once at medical offices to the delight of the waiting room.

Our girl was born at South Baptist in Miami and it was superb. Up here in CFL, it's nothing but incompetence. A paper work F-Up is guaranteed at every visit.

Christy, yeah, you can. But that's always gonna be more expensive than driving over to Little Havana and getting it done. I had pre-paid for this Dry Cleaning at Dry Clean USA in the Gables with some Internet deal, and that's the ONLY reason I went there. Dry cleaning is one of the most overprices things in the world. For some reason the guy in the 'hood can do the same job for half the price? C'Mon!!

customer service in the usa suks period compared to a lot a countries. at lax we had a guy at mcdonalds textin his mate while takin my orders. total fukd the order up. missed half of it and the stuff we did get was wrong. had to pay twice and he missed half the order and was just a total fuk up. he wonders why we threw pickles on the roof while eatin lol

also not sure of the place but it is that italian restuarant on about 12th n ocean with the red and white checker table clothes. we waited 55min for 3 basic lunches at 3pm on a weekday. food was like microwave dinners. no one in the place so definately wasnt busy. they just forgot to get our food so we just plan to pay b4 we left. fairs fair aint it?

not to mention at blondies sports bar in vegas where one barstaff only served girls. even the other staff knew it n told us....yeah he only serves girls. why wud u employ a dik that does half his jobs when payin customers sit n wait?

1 thing ive noticed about the usa is that a lot of the service industry acts as if it doesnt need ur money. like the usa is the richest country on earth. anyone herd of the GFC? recession maybe? dikwads! thats my 2c :-)
    Last edited by croatbob; 11-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Haha Bob, great post! Pickles on the ceiling lol.

When I get bad service, i just don't go back. Simple as that. Plenty of other places to eat in South Beach, that's for sure...

nah i like em to kno im not happy. assholes deserve shit is my moto so if u just walk away they neva kno. same as good service deserves praise

I guess. I just don't like to waste that energy being negative. I'm more the walk away type, and say oh well, lesson learned to not go there again!

Before you complain about someone take a look at what they do. Mc Donald's? Come on, this person obviously didn't have the same advantages as most people growing up. Give them a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Before you complain about someone take a look at what they do. Mc Donald's? Come on, this person obviously didn't have the same advantages as most people growing up. Give them a break.
    If they don't have the same advantages, they're too poor to have cell phones. I'm not buying that one. Being poor doesn't give you a license to be a jerk.

Jim

Lightbulb Re: Why Such Bad Customer Service in Miami Restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
    customer service in the usa suks period compared to a lot a countries. at lax we had a guy at mcdonalds textin his mate while takin my orders. total fukd the order up. missed half of it and the stuff we did get was wrong. had to pay twice and he missed half the order and was just a total fuk up. he wonders why we threw pickles on the roof while eatin lol

also not sure of the place but it is that italian restuarant on about 12th n ocean with the red and white checker table clothes. we waited 55min for 3 basic lunches at 3pm on a weekday. food was like microwave dinners. no one in the place so definately wasnt busy. they just forgot to get our food so we just plan to pay b4 we left. fairs fair aint it?

not to mention at blondies sports bar in vegas where one barstaff only served girls. even the other staff knew it n told us....yeah he only serves girls. why wud u employ a dik that does half his jobs when payin customers sit n wait?

1 thing ive noticed about the usa is that a lot of the service industry acts as if it doesnt need ur money. like the usa is the richest country on earth. anyone herd of the GFC? recession maybe? dikwads! thats my 2c :-)
    You know, you're so totally correct.

I'm a U.S. Citizen, and it's really sickening how unaware we are as hosts to each other and our guests from other nations.

Furthermore, when someone makes a comment about staff being rude in these situations; the person making the complaint is viewed as a "trouble maker" and in most cases asked to "calm down".

We've become a nation of complacent twits who stand for nothing.

Thanks for throwing your pickles! There should be more people with your courage.
    Last edited by Jim; 11-28-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast