Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool Re: Recommendations on where to eat in Miami on Christmas Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    fred, you might be right but I giggled when I read Christy's post because I know a few Jewish families that do exactly that!

Not disagreeing with the post AT ALL, just sayin.....................................

(LOL)

As I was growing up in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood, it was common to hear my friends parents say: " tis the season to be Jewish."

I interpreted that as, less crowded streets and venues to do their thing.

I'll be taking notes and reporting back! I think the old Chinese and a movie was because those were the only places open, but now there are lots of places open. Even the Starbucks down the street proudly says it's open 9-6. So unnecessary!

My favorite place to eat on the Holidays in South Beach is at the 11th Street diner. They have really nice turkey platters with all the fixings, at a reasonable price!

Did you guys check to see that all these places you're recommending are open? I remember driving all over the city last year and the only open things I found were Chinese restaurants and Subway. So I'm sure Kims and Miss Yip and Sum Yum Gai will all be open.

Yet another reason I hate Christmas almost as much as I hate children: Everything is f*cking closed.

I just called the 11th Street Diner and they said they will be open for Christmas Day.

I'd rather starve than eat at Sum Yum Gai. I ordered from there once and had to throw away everything. Don't go there for any reason. What about Gourmet Carrot? They're closed all through passover so maybe they're open Christmas? 11th St. diner sounds good! I've never been there though..after reading about the stabbing I made it a point not to go there.

Unhappy Re: Recommendations on where to eat in Miami on Christmas Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    I'd rather starve than eat at Sum Yum Gai. I ordered from there once and had to throw away everything. Don't go there for any reason. What about Gourmet Carrot? They're closed all through passover so maybe they're open Christmas? 11th St. diner sounds good! I've never been there though..after reading about the stabbing I made it a point not to go there.
    Along those same lines, all the kosher restaurants would normally be open but this year x-mas eve is on Friday night and Christmas is on Saturday, thus all the places on Arthur Godfrey are not an option.
    Last edited by fredgarvin; 12-11-2010 at 06:39 AM.

11th St. Diner is good. I don't think the stabbing had anything to do with the food.

Alas! What do all the Christians do on Shabbos? LOL ... I remember that aspect of living in mid-beach. Everything was closed Friday evening.

I would totally go with the 11th street diner ... in fact, being that my family is not doing anything this year, I might actually go there (literally). I love me a traditional turkey meal. We always have Cuban style food over xmas.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Recommendations on where to eat in Miami on Christmas Day?

I absolutely love Quattro on Lincoln Road and had Christmas dinner there two years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12