Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Cool Unique Birthday Ideas

Hello all!

It's been awhile since I last logged on, was getting ready for the move and all. So finally it's happening! Moving to Miami beach this Friday. Kinda exciting....now im hoping Miami loves me back just as much as i love miami

But the reason for this thread is completely irrelevant to my move. Its about an upcoming birthday. I'm moving to FL on my own, however my gf has lived in miami for last 3 years (we knew each other for 10yrs....but my trip back in July thats when we started dating..talk about a long distance relationship for 6mos!!) so anyways....I'm reaching out to all of you ladies and gents for some help...My gf's bday is coming up on Feb 22nd and me being brand new in miami, I have no idea where to go or what to do thats romantic and unique (keep in mind she lived here for last 3 years)

I've been hearing about Azul and Romeo's for dinner, but I need more than just dinner ideas....I would love to hear some dinner/night out ideas from you guys since most of you know Miami inside and out

I am kinda trying to steer clear of southbeach though since romance and southbeach are somewhat difficult to bring together from my past experiences lol

So thats about it...please MB411 community...HELP A NEWBIE OUT...i know that i have a month to figure it out but since im new in town, i figured id get a early head start...I'm just looking to blow her away, i know shes not expecting me to do anything for her since I'm just moving so if I can come up with something romantic and original, more brownie points for me

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Barton G (1427 West Avenue, Miami Beach - (305) 672-8881) is a great restaurant to go to if you want to wow somebody. The food and drinks are so creatively prepared and delicious, and the service is wonderful. It's probably the most memorable restaurant I ever went to on South Beach!

I just recently went to Barton G and I thought it was excellent, really a memorable dinner as a Doug said. For romance I wonder if anyone here has been to either Redfish Grill or Gibraltar, both of which are on the bay in Miami. Seems like the scenery alone would be worth the price of entry

I think the Barton G. at the Versace Mansion would be a great idea but I'm not sure what your budget is. Gotham Steak at the Fountainblu is romantic, there's live jazzy music on certain nights.

For a non-dinner idea, what about going to Key West for the day or stay at a b & b overnight?

The sea plane from key Biscayne. It is half price today too on Groupon. That is an awesome gift and I'll bet she has never done it.

New User

Cool Re: Unique Birthday Ideas

@ Doug
    Thank you for the suggestion! Looked at Barton G. Website and it def looks like a memorable experience. Def looks pricey, especially with a $31 dollar martini haha but quite honestly I want to be as flexible as possible with the budget, since she turns 25 and you only turn 25 once Do you know if its difficult to get reservations?

@Christy
    Thank you!! I know Gotham Steak prolly wouldn't work since she's been there a few time, and I wanna keep it as new as possible (quite a challenge for someone who has never lived in miami and trying to impress someone who's been there for years haha) as much as I would love to get away to key west for the day, that might be something we'll have to do on a weekend becuase her bday falls on a tuesday. And what is and where is b & b?

@Jess
    Thank you for the awesome idea! Def will look into it. I'm def aiming to wow her and do something for her that she has never done before, a sea plane def fits into that category Also, thanks for letting me know its on Groupon today, AND 1/2 price!! Couldn't get better than that

Guys,
    Thank you so much for all your responses, if there are any suggestions, please keep them coming!! I have a month to get all this figured out and I really wanna make this one count! I was in miami for my bday 2 weeks ago and she really went out of her way to make it special so I def want to do the same for her

Thanks again!!

Well even though Barton G. has been around, it has a somewhat new location at the Versace Mansion. That would be a memorable night out. Another nice place is Casa Tua-good Italian, very exclusive..upstairs is a small lounge w a DJ and dancing for members only. However I'm not sure the upstairs is open on a Tues.
    Delano is the place to be on a Tuesday..what about dinner there? And then you can move on to the lobby or pool bar and eventually the Florida Room (the club there).

I'm not sure what the reservation back-up is for Barton G, but the one and only time I went there, I was invited by someone else. I doubt it would be more than a day or two. You could always give your name as "Doctor" so-and-so -- I heard that helps you get in faster at upscale restaurants!

New User

Default Re: Unique Birthday Ideas

@Jess
    Thank you so much for the heads up about the sea plane tour on Groupon...bought it today!! Def will be a surprise for her (hopefully a good one lol)

@Christy
    Thank you again for the suggestion! Being new in miami, i still have yet to learn what is the place to go on a certain day of the week...will definitley look into Delano as one of the options

@Doug
    Thank you for the tip haha, will def have to try it...got nothing to lose lol, if Barton G doesnt work out, Delano it is hehe, not gonna lie, after doing some research, both places seem perfect!

Any of you guys care to give me an idea on what kinda of budget I'm looking at for 2 person dinner at Barton G...what about Delano? Thank you!!!

Ooh good for you! I am excited for her, what an amazing gift! You are a good boyfriend

The seaplane is a great pick! What a unique experience. More memorable than dinner for sure. Dinner at the Delano will be over $200 for sure.

Here's more info and you can see the menu:
    http://www.delano-hotel.com/en-us/#/...lue-door-fish/ It's very pretty inside but I love sitting outside on the terrace.

I've never been to Barton G. at the Versace Mansion but I'm sure it's even more expensive than the Delano.

To be honest, I'm not sure what a dinner for 2 would run at Barton G. When I went, Gus invited a group of us. If you'd like to see what's on the menu, click on "eat" on their website:

Welcome to Barton G - The Restaurant

When you see the plate, slide your mouse over the silverware to see the lists of appetizers, entrees and desserts!