Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BK Whopper Bar - EPIC FAIL

I take back everything I said about the Whopper Bar. I'm trying to do go on the forums there, answering questions and helping people - and more importantly spending money in their establishment - and they tell me the lone outlet in the building is not for customer use. Kicking me out as I try and get business for them. Ok, Whopper Bar. I am deleting my complimentary article and never coming here again. You are now just after any club owned by The Opioum Group on my list of place I tell people to never go.

BK Whopper Bar: A Burger Joint for the Creative Class - Miami Beach 411

Screw that. Is the outlet in the customer area? Did they actually need to plug in something?

Default Re: BK Whopper Bar - EPIC FAIL

WHAT !?!?!?! Are you serious?!?!? That's messed up! I would contact the manager and let them know this. Maybe it was a disgruntled employee trying to give someone a hard time because they were having a bad day. Maybe the manager may even give you a gift certificate for the incident, can't hurt to try or at least vent to them. Maybe start off w/ " I had a bit of an incident today at your location and I was wondering if you have some sort of policy against customers plugging their computer in while dining at your resturant " & " I was actually writing a bit about how good your restaurant was and then decided not to "

LOL. Wow, crappy they did that!

That's the moment you take out your MB411 business card and say really? Cos I am writing an article about this place.

Hahahahaha!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!

That's so sad considering you you really liked that place. However, I hate it when I run into Starbucks and actually need to sit down and eat a muffin and coffee I bought there, and just look over a sea of people on their laptops treating it as their living room. So maybe BK does not like lingerers.

Matt, try Juice and Java. Everyone is super-friendly and they have tons of things that involve grilled chicken. I don't know about their outlet status but I'm sure they would let you use them.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I take back everything I said about the Whopper Bar. I'm trying to do go on the forums there, answering questions and helping people - and more importantly spending money in their establishment - and they tell me the lone outlet in the building is not for customer use. Kicking me out as I try and get business for them. Ok, Whopper Bar. I am deleting my complimentary article and never coming here again. You are now just after any club owned by The Opioum Group on my list of place I tell people to never go.

BK Whopper Bar: A Burger Joint for the Creative Class - Miami Beach 411
    Matt, I'd contact their headquarters and make sure it wasn't a breakdown on an employee level.

If that doesn't work, take them to the woodshed.

I sat at that outlet once since my laptop's battery sucks and I always need to plug in. Nobody gave me shit over it. Matt, you should definitely complain.

Heh mine laptop's battery sucks too. It just gave me a pop up letting me know that my battery was " close to the end of its life " I was thinking, well I could have figured it out by how many times I have to say " again ?!?!? " when it asks me to plug it in.

$135 through Dell or $35 on Ebay for a new battery, hmmmm. I think I'll wait until its on its death bed :p

It's funny that BK said the outlet is "just for employees". Is that an extra perk they mention to you during your job interview that seals the deal?

That is funny, Christy, but Matt said "not for customer use" which is different than "just for employees" (there's no use for that outlet really except maybe to plug in a vacuum cleaner)

I think they just don't want anyone to linger there ...

I was talking to Matt last night about this and I think he should write an article listing the best places on the beach where one can plug-in and use wireless.

Anybody have their favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    That's the moment you take out your MB411 business card and say really? Cos I am writing an article about this place.
    I actually asked to see the manager and did exactly that, Jess. And he basically told me the GM is the one who made the rule and to contact her. haven't had a chance to do it today, but will do it this week. Still incensed, told all my students this morning to never go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    I was talking to Matt last night about this and I think he should write an article listing the best places on the beach where one can plug-in and use wireless.

Anybody have their favorites?
    I've never gone there to use the internet, but if you can get over spending $6.50 for a cappuccino the place is luxurious, with huge velvet chairs thoughtfully laid out to create private spaces. It makes Starbucks look ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    I've never gone there to use the internet, but if you can get over spending $6.50 for a cappuccino the place is luxurious, with huge velvet chairs thoughtfully laid out to create private spaces. It makes Starbucks look ghetto.
    Christyyyyyyy.... what place?! LOL.

Is it bad that I thought the name of the establishment was "The Place." It seems totally plausible in South Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Christyyyyyyy.... what place?! LOL.

Lol! Nespresso on Lincoln Rd..part of all the new retail in the cobblestone area.

Is it bad that I thought the name of the establishment was "The Place." It seems totally plausible in South Beach.
    Like The Room, LOL. But in this case I think Christy had a blonde moment...

I drove by Whopper Bar today on my scooter and gave them the finger for you Matt

Even if an employee may need the outlet to plug the vacuum in, they should wait until the paying customer is gone. Who builds a new business w/ ONE outlet anyway? LOL.

I have internet at home now but before I did I liked to reserve the private room (study room) at the 23rd street Library (downstairs in the right/back) I like that its quiet and they lock you in so nobody came come in and bother you when you are trying to concentrate on something.

Also I liked using the cabanas at my gym outside after the sunset so I could actually see the screen on my computer. Starbucks is good too if you can get a cozy chair. If you absolutly have to go online and have headphones to block out the noise you can pop online at the little cafe area of Whole Foods. Its easy to spend too much time online and you don't want to stay at starbucks or whole foods for hours so if u are going to be doing some work for awhile I'd say the library / private room is best. You can renew it every hour if nobody is waiting :p

I actually asked to see the manager and did exactly that, Jess. And he basically told me the GM is the one who made the rule and to contact her. haven't had a chance to do it today, but will do it this week. Still incensed, told all my students this morning to never go there.
    Man, I would not spend another second on dealing with them. They just aren't worth your business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast