Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Where to eat if you have a day off the diet?

If you are taking a day off from your "normal healthy eating routine" (if you are on one), what do you like to eat/drink (any local junk food favorites?)

Mine:

Chicken Quesadilla Wrap from Pollo Tropical (w/ Garlic Cilantro Sauce - Yum)

The Rice Pudding They Make At The Little Market On Washington Between Espanola Way & 14th Street (I didn't realise they put in lemon or lime zest, that was why it has that extra yummy kick I'm not used to)

$1 Watermellon Arizona (Huge Can Drinks) Mixed w/ Cheap Vodka or 50 Cent Cans Of Grape Soda From The Dollar Store ... prob one of the worst things you can drink, but these cheap sugary drinks kill the taste of any vodka :p

The Hawiian Role (Sushi) from Publix or The Volcano Roll (Sushi) From Iron Sushi (Yummy Baked Dynamite!)

A Slice Of Supreme? Is It Called? (The Works) Pizza From Rustica. I love their pizza but they could def put a lil more sauce on it :p

I guess when I eat crap, I like to go cheap. LOL.

When I'm being good its Strawberries, Muscle Milk Protein Shakes, Whole Wheat Bagel Thins, Egg Beaters, Brown Rice / Quinoa, Chicken, Salad

(When I'm good, I'm good & when I'm bad, I'm bad) :p

Girl, you gotta get yourself down to Big Pink. Eat a bucket of sweet potato fries with ranch dressing at 4am, then get back to me

* takes notes * I've actually never had sweet potato fries :p Next time I decide to go out and tie one on, and am hungry after I will have to remember this.

When I'm not paying attention to calories in SoBe here are my pics:

For sweets:
    the chocolate Croissant at Paul's
    "chocolate bomb" cake at Icebox Miami Beach Restaurant | Lincoln Road (I've only had this cake twice-this isn't a good idea even for a regular splurge)
    gelato from the place at the Portfolio

Margeritas, Mango Delanos, Mojitos, frozen lemonade
    Most splurging happens with me ordering sugary drinks!

Food:
    Anything involving chips, salsa, guacamole, and an entree covered in cheese or fajitas (so El Rancho or Oh Mexico on Espanola).
    The Parmesan truffle fries at Gotham Steak.

My belief that if you eat healthy 80% of the time then it's ok to eat bad stuff 20% of the time. In SoBe you go out drinking a lot, and ordering "hangover food" the next morning quickly adds up.

Default Re: Living in South Beach, where do you eat if you have a day off the diet?

Nice. I love Wet Willies for sugary drinks out For dessert I love the Chocolate Ganache Supreme Cake (it comes in like a single serve container) at Publix.

Oh and the spanish lady who has the guac stand at the Lincoln Road Sunday farmers market. I love her guac

Guac isn't bad, by the way. It's one of the healthiest things you can eat.

Gelato also is not bad. Well, the fruit version, anyway.

Salsa is very much not bad. Practically no calories or fat and chock full of veggie goodness. Of course, a basket full of deep-fried chips...

When I go off, it's definitely bacon cheeseburger and fries from Cheeseburger baby.

Also, how about $.69 Taco Monday at Taco Rico?!

Default Re: Where to eat if you have a day off the diet?

That's true, guac is good for you (good healthy fat along w/ tomatoes and other good seasonings, unless u eat the whole container and the chips too :p 22 grams of fat in an avacado alone :p

I absolutely have to make it to Big Pink next time I'm in Miami, somehow I always forget but you local cats from this forum are always talking about it! First weekend in March I'm totally hitting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSoBe View Post
    * takes notes * I've actually never had sweet potato fries :p Next time I decide to go out and tie one on, and am hungry after I will have to remember this.
    Sweet potato fries are awesome, definitely try them next chance you get. Plus, supposedly sweet potatoes are better for you than regular white potatoes too.

that's true, they are.