Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Restaurants in Wynwood, Midtown, Design District and Buena Vista

I recently had a great tasting dinner at a new restaurant in Wynwood so I wanted to start a thread about places to eat in that whole area in Miami. Feel free to chime in I've you've tried any restaurants in the Wynwood, Midtown, Design District and Buena Vista. These neighborhoods are enjoying a renaissance and coming out of the woodwork after many years of being ghost towns.

I really loved Jimmy'z Kitchen in Wynwood, so much so that I wrote a blog post about it: sex and the beach: Mofongo Madness at Jimmy'z in Wynwood

In the last year or so alone, a bunch of restaurants have popped up in Wynwood and Midtown and now it is quite trendy. More suburban and spacious than South Beach, with more parking and a crop of little club venues like Electric Pickle, Vagabond and Churchill's nearby, I see this area becoming a great night life and lifestyle alternative to the beach.

What do you think?

You didn't mention Cafeina or Bardot, both of which are really fun clubs in the area.

If you show up in Wynwood on a Thu/Fri/Sat night you can expect to park on the street somewhere within four blocks of your destination. That this is considered "good" or "easy" is a testament to how shitty parking is on South Beach or elsewhere in the city.

Hi Mande! I didn't mention them because they are more like clubs than regular restaurants, but thanks for your input!

Yeah, parking is much better in that part of town compared to South Beach. But that does involve parking in some rather sketchy warehouse zones. A year or so ago, where Cafeina is today, it was crackhead city and desolate, but I remember attending some events around there. I haven' t been to Cafeina in a few months though ... I suspect it's cleaning up like elsewhere in the Wynwood district.