Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Where are the nice places to eat?

we are comming down to south beach again this april and i am trying to figure out where i wanna eat this time......too many choices. i have been reading here and on-line and i figured i would ask.....i know hubby wants to do a steakhouse, and i looooove seafood, we are pretty open to anything.....so if you only had 4 nights to eat in miami....where would it be.(money isnt a factor.....and i dont care if its a hole in the wall....the only thing i care about is the food) so if you could only do 4 meals in the area where would it be?

some of the places that looked good from menus only---
    prime 112
    the forge--went there last year and loved it
    quinns
    trulucks tapas y tintos
    casa juancho
    hosteria romana
    nikki beach
    grill fish

HELP?????? LOL

New User

FORGOT TO MENTION WE ARE ALSO GOING TO KEY WEST FOR 3 DAYS SO IF YOU'VE A PLACE DOWN THERE....POST THAT ALSO....THANKS

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Nikko, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

I know of two nice places in Key West: Louie's Backyard and Blue Heaven.

In Miami, Prime 112, Mr. Chow, and Michale's Genuine are at the top of my list, when I think of high quality restaurants, with good service. Nikki Beach is also fun for brunch.

If your husband likes steak, you might also consider trying Gotham Steakhouse at Fontainebleau Hotel, especially if you had fun at The Forge.

With groups of 4 or more, Barton G can also be a unique experience.

Grill Fish is a good choice, if you want a quality meal for a reasonable price.

Hi Nikko, Welcome to MiamiBeach411!

For steak I'd choose Smith & Wolensky, because it's right on the water and they have great stone crab claws, when they're in season. My other pick is Gotham Steak like Gus mentioned.

For seafood I'd pick Ola (it has a Floribbean influence and excellent ceviches), and on Lincoln Rd Alta Mare is great for Italian/seafood. And I second Gus' pick of Michael's Genuine. There are lots of great restaurants, so no need to dine on Ocean Dr.

New User

thanks...gonna go look some of them up now.

In addition to those already listed, I'd add Osteria del Teatro. It's Italian, and usually has lots of seafood choices, among others.

It's too bad Tuscan Steak is gone. That was our favorite for steak. Of course, at the time, we had no idea Gus and Michelle worked there.

Glenn

Default Re: Where are the nice places to eat?

You can also try Red Steakhouse in Miami(119 Washington Ave) and while in Key West, try Louie's Backyard(700 Waddell Ave). Louie's sits on the water and had great views esp for happy hour. Try to get a seat on the back dining porch.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Where are the nice places to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    we are comming down to south beach again this april and i am trying to figure out where i wanna eat this time......too many choices. i have been reading here and on-line and i figured i would ask.....i know hubby wants to do a steakhouse, and i looooove seafood, we are pretty open to anything.....so if you only had 4 nights to eat in miami....where would it be.(money isnt a factor.....and i dont care if its a hole in the wall....the only thing i care about is the food) so if you could only do 4 meals in the area where would it be?

some of the places that looked good from menus only---
    prime 112
    the forge--went there last year and loved it
    quinns
    trulucks tapas y tintos
    casa juancho
    hosteria romana
    nikki beach
    grill fish

HELP?????? LOL
    As far as Nikki Beach is concerned, unless you are going there forSunday brunch, it can get stupid, insane expensive. I went one Saturday afternoon several years ago and our bill was over $600 for four of us.

I love Blue Heaven in Key West. In Miami, for casual yet unique locals' cafes, my favorite is Cafe Charlotte on Washington. They have a home-style Argentine cuisine that is very authentic, inexpensive and down home. If you want to splurge, my favorite place is Barton G. Imaginative and tactile, like South Beach itself!

For a great dinner in Key West I love Seven Fish. They have an amazing menu and use local seafood.

Column Group Page - Site Name

The bartender at Seven Fish told us Antonio's has the best Key Lime pie, but by the time we got there they were closed.

Hi Nikko,

In addition to the suggestions above, I would add Café Sole in Key West (French influenced seafood) and you must, absolutely MUST go to Better Than Sex for dessert. Make a reservation ... it gets crowded.

The restaurant inside the Hyatt Key West Spa & Resort is also very good. It's called SHOR. You can enjoy gorgeous sunsets from there while you dine with no crowds.

On the way down to Key West, stop for lunch at Porky's Bayside BBQ in Marathon just before the seven-mile bridge. Their pulled pork sandwiches are great and so is their fried Key Lime pie.

As for Miami and the beaches ...

Monty's has an excellent raw bar and drink happy hour, 4 to 8 PM Monday - Friday. You can get oysters, shrimp and stone crabs for a very reasonable price, plus the place is outdoors and fun. Enjoy the marina boardwalk while you're there for a nice stroll out to South Pointe Park.

My new favorite restaurant in Miami is JimmyZ in Wynwood. The food is amazing and reasonably priced and they serve the Caribbean specialty mofongo every day. There is also a JimmyZ in South Beach. It's a smaller location and mofongo is not served there daily.

Oh Casa Juancho and Truluck's are on the mainland, not Miami.

Casa Juancho is excellent -- very traditional Spanish fare. Truluck's is good too. I love their sashimi salad.

My favorite Italian place in Miami Beach is Scarpetta inside the Fountainbleu Hotel.

New User

thank youall so much.....sorry i have been absent....between three feet of snow melting and torrential rains here in jersey my farm has been a mess. horses driving me crazy from lack of exercise. havent been able to ride.....

i will look into the places...i had already heard of some of them....the dessert shop in key west was on my list!!! i will let you all know what we are doing...when i figure it out myself!!! thanks!!

Hi nikko, hope things fare well with you and your farm up there. Please keep us posted.