Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Thread: Romantic Dinner

New User

Default Romantic Dinner

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I will be traveling in a group of five people. We will need a break from all of the group activities and want to explore Miami Beach alone for a night. What restaurants are recommended for a nice evening dinner?

We would like a restaurant where you can see the ocean (rooftop preferably). Also a really elegant restaurant where they don't encourage jeans! lol.

Please help! We will need to make reservations soon.

My picks for romantic:

Gotham Steak -very dressy, trendy, great food, and live jazz

Smith & Wolensky-right on the the Bay and you can get a table on the water.

Casa Tua- the posh place for Italian

Sushi Samba-very fun and trendy, DJ, everyone is going out after, indoors is more romantic I'd say. This is also the least expensive.

Enjoy!

Hi there! Welcome to the forums.

Sushi Samba is not on the water, but it is a fun place with great food. Ditto with Casa Tua. I'm not sure about Gotham Steak, regarding the view.

As Christy has suggested, Smith & Wollensky has the best view, hands-down, in South Beach. You get a partial ocean view here but its waterfront with the cut where all the cruise ships go by plus Fisher Island across the shipping channel.

Scarpetta at the Fountainbleau (mid-Beach) has a full-on ocean view from its covered terrace. This is a little more elegant than S & W. I think this would be my top pick for what you're looking for. Make sure you reserve a room on the terrace so you get the view. The food is amazing. Try the signature spaghetti and some of their specialty cocktails.

Tantra in South Beach is sexy but it's cozy and in the middle of the urban area. No view.

If you have a car, Redfish Grill at Matheson Hammock Park in South Coral Gables is very romantic. Palm trees, lagoons, Biscayne Bay ...

I agree with Smith & Wollensky as being the best view in town. I wish there were more rooftop restaurants. I guess the reason they don't have so many in South Beach is because people would be falling off. Still, with all the highrises around, you think they could come up with something like Manhattan's Rainbow Room.

But there are plenty of places with rooftop pools.

I think the issue is also that kitchens are downstairs and not up by a rooftop. Staff would have to be going up and down elevators all the time and there should be one elevator designated just for that.

I know this is one of the reasons they don't serve food at the Hyatt Pier 66 Pier Top as often as they'd like, though it's still the most spectacular brunch in Southeast Florida as far as the view goes.