Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Sunday Brunch Now at The National Hotel

Recently received this press release. Will it rival Nicky Beach???

On Sunday, April 10, 2011, The Restaurant at National Hotel will launch its new Sunday Brunch featuring the beloved tradition’s must-haves items, unlimited Mimosas and Bloody Marys, and even access to the hotel’s iconic 205-foot infinity pool and beach – a perk never before presented to diners. A tempting reason for locals to dine and unwind, Sunday Brunch at National Hotel will be held every Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Boasting an extensive array of traditional breakfast and lunch choices, Sunday Brunch is available for $39 per person, with the addition of unlimited Mimosas and Bloody Marys for only $10 more for a total of $49 (excluding tax and service fee). Following brunch, diners are invited to lounge by the pool or on the beach, with complimentary towel service, and soak in the hotel’s oasis-like atmosphere. Valet is also available to diners at a discounted rate of $10.

The Restaurant at National Hotel’s brunch menu will feature:
    Tropical Fruit with Seasonal Berries
    Homemade Granola, Muesli and Yogurt
    Selection of Cereals
    Freshly Baked Breakfast Pastries, Sweet Butter, Homemade Preserves and Local Honey
    International Cheese and Charcuteries Selection with Crackers and Breads
    Smoked Salmon Station | Sliced Bermuda Onions, Tomatoes, Cream Cheese and Capers
    with Assorted Bagels
    Chilled Salad Station | National Caesar Salad and Mixed Field Greens with Assorted Dressings
    Classic Breakfast Station | Farm Fresh Eggs and Omelets Served with Crispy Bacon, Hickory Smoked Sausage and Breakfast Potatoes
    French Toast, Waffles, Beignets and Pancakes
    Roasting and Carving Station | Sage Roasted Turkey and Rosemary Leg of Lamb
    Changing Weekly According to Market Selections: Classics such as Savory Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Sauce and Sesame Encrusted Salmon with Ginger Teriyaki
    Accompanied by Steamed Vegan Medley with Tofu & Wild Rice
    Pasta Station with Sauces of the Week
    Dessert Station | Chef’s Selection of Assorted Desserts
    Chocolate Fountain with Dipping Fruits and Marshmallows
    Assortment of Chilled Fresh Fruit Juices
    Freshly brewed Signature Italian “Lavazza,” Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee, “Tazo” Hot Teas

For reservations, please call The Restaurant at National Hotel directly at (305) 532-2311.

Oh, I think someone from 411 needs to go and see what this is all about.

I was thinking the same thing! The disappointing thing for me is that I'm actually here but can't do Sunday brunch because Michelle & I are cruising to the Bahamas this weekend. I'm thrilled about the cruise with friends but Sunday brunch is one of my favorite things to do in Miami Beach. Maybe it's the company

The National is a very nice hotel, and I'm sure they'll set up a nice brunch area, but I don't think it will rival Nikki....unless they have a DJ. It a more grown up place with a different atmosphere. But it's the only place in SoBe that does unlimited drinks, and it's great that they throw in a chair/towel if you want to use the pool! I guess people coming out just for the brunch at Nikki might choose the National now. But if they're looking for a party atmosphere Nikki would be the best choice.

I don't know about using the pool after drinking and eating a ton of food. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Sadly I can't do it the next two weeks or I'd go check it out.

Default Re: Sunday Brunch Now at The National Hotel

Did anyone happen to make it this past weekend? I would love a review.

$40 a plate for breakfast would leave me with indigestion!

LOL! $40 for breakfast is a bit crazy..although for people staying at 5 star hotels who do room service it comes out to that for one person. Brunch at the National includes much more like carving stations, dessert, etc. Plus for $10 more you get unlimited bloody mary's or mimosas. It seems like the best boozy brunch deal in South Beach. The Delano, Mondian, and Biltmore, are much more. Nikki is a similar price but you can't do unlimited drinks or free pool chairs.

$50 for brunch and unlimited mimosas sounds great. That's only $8 more than Nikki, which doesn't include any drinks. I may have to check it out one day.

Thanks for sharing, Laurie! When I was calling around to see who had the best pool access for non-guests, the National was on top of the list. They seem very friendly to locals and non-guests.

What is this service fee? Is that gratuity?

This is a great staycation type deal for locals. You get to eat, drink and lounge by a pool all day, whereas a cabana would cost way more and not including drinks or food. I think it's pretty good, especially if you can find reasonable parking.

I'd love to do it ... wonder if there are shady spots? (Shady as in "no sun," not the other kind.)

Although I have to agree with Doug ... the idea of brunch buffet at that price is a contradiction for me. As much as I like to eat, I can never eat that much. I think what makes the above a good deal is not having to pay extra to use the pool, which they usually do.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

The area surrounding the long pool is grass so there really isn't anywhere to sit by that pool and eat. I guess they are talking about the other pool at the end of the property adjacent to the long pool.

That's a really good deal because I can throw back some mimosas. Brunch, mimosas, then crashing on a lounge chair? I'm in.

$50 for unlimited mimosas is worth it. Forget the food!

Quote Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels View Post
    Brunch, mimosas, then crashing on a lounge chair? I'm in.
    Well, whoever is smart enough to review the National brunch has a perfect title for their article! When I reviewed the Mondrian pool party my brunch tab came to about $70 and all I had was a cappuccino, so this is a great deal!

Yeah I don't know where you'd find a quality brunch at a better price than that. Back when Nikki was $29.95 I thought it was the best deal in the beach. I've eaten at chain restaurants and had a bill larger than $50. One of these days.