Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kristine

Thread: Any yummy vegan food on the beach?

Default Any yummy vegan food on the beach?

are there any yummy vegan/vegetarian restaurants on the beach? or any raw food restaurants? i mean like real food, not just rice and beans with a side of lettuce.
    thanks for any input!

rk

Guru Indian (on 12'th St between Collins and Washington) has a number of vegetarian choices.

Juice and Java (1300 block Washington) has several vegetarian choices. Here's a nice review article that Christy did last year:

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/juice-java

Front Porch cafe (1400 block Ocean Dr) is a good choice for at least some veg. options.

Most sandwich shops and Italian places (and there are very many in south beach) will have some veg choices.

Default Re: Any yummy vegan food on the beach?

You can try Doraku on Lincoln Road.

Hi Cali Gurl,

The best place by FAR is Books and Books on Lincoln Rd. I cannot recommend that place enough. They have an entirely Vegan portion of the menu, and the manager Rachel is very knowledgeable about how they cook the food, how the kitchen works etc. The chefs use separate friers for everything, so the fries are safe from being near things like chicken nuggets etc. The tofu salad is good, and I also like the vegan platter and the black bean hummous. It is probably my fav restaurant in South Beach, or all of Miami for that matter as I am a vegetarian with food allergies.

Also I like Juice and Java, Olivers on West (another great tofu selection on the menu), Clarkes on 1st st (good salads, soups and sides if all else fails) and Big Pink for the mixed veggie salad and hummous.

I'm glad you have a new fave spot Jess. The spinach & Portobello mushroom ravioli sound yummy, and so does the fajita wrap!

New User

Default Re: Any yummy vegan food on the beach?

There's actually another raw/vegan place on 12th & Alton Road called Thrive (1239 Alton Rd At Garden Ctr) adjacent to the nursery. I haven't tried it but it has great reviews on Yelp...

Caligurl,

It sounds like you want to have a fancy dinner out. I'd go to Nobu since there are lots of vegan things on the menu. http://www.noburestaurants.com/miami...er/hot-dishes/. You can't go wrong with the water-chesnut dumplings at the Setai..plus in these restaurants you're paying a lot so they're happy to make what you want. For less formal and less expensive (but you can still have wine and sit outside on Lincoln Rd) try Pascha's which is Mediterranean. And yes, Juice and Java is my favorite for the baked falafel wrap and their awesome smoothies..more of a lunch spot but they also deliver.

I once found a great little fast food veggie place on the Beach called Go-Go. I reviewed it here:

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/cheap-healthy

Although the review is now a few years old, the restaurant is still going strong and recently expanded its hours!

Thali is a new Indian/Thai spot on Washington between 7th and 8th. It's a cute spot with really good food. I order for delivery weekly from them.

Reviews have been mixed, but I have been extremely happy with the different foods I have tried there.
    rk likes this.

Also, the salad bar at whole foods is pretty awesome. Plus they have a sushi bar, and as a vegetarian too, I like the avocado rolls you can get there.

Apple A Day has vegetarian/vegan selections in their deli counter. (It's like a smaller Whole Foods.)

The kosher restaurants on 41st street will most likely offer vegetarian options. Oasis on Alton & 41st is Mediterranean and has vegetarian dishes but is not kosher.

Has anyone tried Eden? It seems like a good choice and I have heard good reports.

Also, check out Escopazzo. I'm pretty sure they have Vegan dishes.