Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Outdoor cafes for breakfast & cuban coffee

Now that I'm thinking of Miami eating, I'm wondering about other places to eat. The last time we were there was the beginning of August, so it was about 105 degrees. Way too hot to eat outside or even walk outside. We'll be staying at the Loews again (Collins & 16th?) and I'm wondering if there's a good cafe we could walk to to get breakfast (probably not too early in the morning - closer to lunchtime) and a good Cuban coffee. Though the breakfasts at the Loews were awesome, I have this image of sitting at a sidewalk cafe watching the people go by. If you can't think of something close by, no biggie, we'll take a cab for someplace that's worth it.

Suzanne C

If you can skip the cortadito one morning Jen-NY, outdoor breakfast on Sobe doesn't get any better than the Big Pink.

Place gets mixed reviews and I can't explain why. Every time I have <strike>sobered up </strike>eaten breakfast there, it's always a HUGE serving. Service I guess is fair so if you're looking for that catered to feel, stay at the Loews.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

News Cafe is my favorite place to enjoy a casual outdoor breakfast. Other places I enjoy are Balans, Cafe Cardozo, and the Argentine bakery on Lincoln Road east of Alton, but I can't remember the name. Does anyone know the restaurant I'm talking about?

Suzanne C

You are not kidding Gus! That place makes the best empanadas and they have a good selection for vegetarians as well.

...but I can't remember the name either.

I think you are talking about the bakery West of Alton? Near Alta Mar? I scoured the internet but couldn't find the name. The name escapes me but I remember the food being delicious!

Searched onlne and found this at Miami Sun Times. Is this what you were looking for?

Coma&#39;s Bakery: A Spanish bakery known for its quality supply of European sandwiches, cakes, bread and—more particularly—its wide selection of gourmet desserts. Don&#39;t want to wait till you get home to eat Coma&#39;s pastries and cakes? No problem, Coma also has table service for those who want to munch on the premises. Location: 1710 Alton Road, Miami Beach. Phone: 305-695-4151.

One excellent Argentine spot in the neighborhood is the Charlotte Bakery at 1499 Washington Ave. It is next door to the Cafe Charlotte that I wrote about a while ago. They have excellent empanadas at the Charlotte Bakery, with a variety of styles from Venezuela, Colombia, and Argentina. They also have an extensive selection of pastries. Unfortunately, however, they don't offer any sidewalk seating.

Hi jenn-NY:
    Another great Argentinian bakery is on Lincoln Rd., Panizza, where you can get a fantastic Lomito Sandwich, also they have a few tables outside on the sidewalk.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Pancho, that's the restaurant I was talking about. Thank you!

Here is the contact info...

Panizza Bistro
    1229 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach, FL 33139
    (305) 695-8800

Suzanne C

Just in case....don't eat here:

Carnevale Restaurant located at 607 Lincoln Road.

It recently failed TWO inspections and was cited with numerous violations. The August 6th inspection cited 24 critical and 19 non-critical violations while the August 7th inspection cited 22 critical and 19 non-critical. At least they corrected 5 of them....oh yeah, the word 'roach' comes up a few times in the inspection report. :sick:

To check out other food and lodging inspections, choose the 'Search for Food & Lodging Inspections' option.