Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By firsttimer

Thread: Joe's Stone Crab / Prime 112 recap

Default Joe's Stone Crab / Prime 112 recap

Our first night in Miami Beach, we ate at Joe’s Stone Crab. We really enjoyed it. I liked the formal service, the fantastic food, but a laid back atmosphere. Nice pants, a nice shirt, and flip flops were acceptable there, so we were comfortable. Others were dressed down a bit, others more dressed up. But everyone seemed to fit in.
    There was about a 45 minute wait, so we sat outside and had drinks/appetizers. Perfect night for it. Got called to our table, and had a great dinner. The service was great, and food was very good. The only odd thing was that we couldn’t get the same type of drink at the table that we had ordered outside. That threw us off a bit, but wasn’t a big deal.

Next time we are in Miami Beach, we will definitely go here again.

On the Friday night of our trip, we headed to Prime 112. A lot of hype surrounding this place, so I was hoping it lived up to it. We had an early reservation (7:30) as we had an early golf tournament the next morning. The table was ready when we got there.

Our waitress was fantastic, as was everyone there who was serving our table. Definitely made you feel welcome, and there was no feeling of trying to rush us out of there (we were there until around 10:00).
    We started with some drinks (of course!), and we ordered our appetizer – the diver scallops with home-made mashed potatoes and braised short rib. As it was served, our waitress came over to recommend we take a small bite of each item at the same time to enhance the flavor. She was dead on – incredible appetizer.

I don’t recall all the entrees ordered, but I do know I got the 16 oz bone-in filet, and it was phenomenal. We ordered some family style side dishes – the truffled lobster macaroni and cheese (incredible) and the potato pancakes (also very good). Everyone raved over their entrees.

For dessert, we caved and got the fried oreos with home-made French vanilla ice cream. Seriously – that dessert should be against the law.

The restaurant was very busy (it was Friday, so we figured that), but again – we had great service and were very pleased.

Prime 112 lived up to the hype and we are very glad we went. Another “must do” if/when we head back to Miami Beach.

Thanks for the recommendations on these two – both were hits with our group.
    Last edited by firsttimer; 06-20-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    rk likes this.

Thumbs up Miami Beach "The Fred Garvin Way!"

Awesome! Thanks for your insights and reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed two of my favorite places to eat on the beach!

Hmm..I know I had a filet there and spinach, but what you guys ordered sounds amazing..mostly the potato pancakes and mac and cheese..yummy! Sounds like a great dinner and lovely evening. Did you feel rushed at Joe's?

no - we didn't feel rushed at Joe's either. I put that comment with Prime 112 because I've been to upscale restaurants in the past where they try to rush you out and turnover the tables more often. I didn't get that at Joe's or at Prime 112. Everything was at our pace which we really enjoyed.

rk

Another great recap. Glad those places are doing it right.

Default Re: Joe's Stone Crab / Prime 112 recap

Prime and Joe's are defiantly still my favorites on the beach. I also like RED.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I definitely like both places!

I know Joe's is great cause I have been there but maybe now I'll check out that Prime 112. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
    no - we didn't feel rushed at Joe's either. I put that comment with Prime 112 because I've been to upscale restaurants in the past where they try to rush you out and turnover the tables more often. I didn't get that at Joe's or at Prime 112. Everything was at our pace which we really enjoyed.
    Oh good! I only asked because I think Jess' parents were very rushed at Joe's and ate a 5 course meal in 30 minutes! Personally I hate that.