Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Favorite Places For Drunk Food

Default Re: Favorite Places For Drunk Food

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    That said, you never regret NOT eating something at the end of the night. But how many times have you woken up and looked at a pizza box or an empty bag of McDonalds and gone "WHY did I do that?!"
    I've woken up with a hoagie in my lap and said, "That was stupid, why didn't I eat that?"

I have never once woken and thought why did I eat that? It is usually why did I DO x/y/z... stupid drunk things!

LMAO jess, i so hear you on that.... that's why i gave it up altogether..... WAY too mucha that goin on, i hadda stop doin that mess!!!!

How about Los Perros that place is amazing drunk or sober.

Quote Originally Posted by rlshea View Post
    I've woken up with a hoagie in my lap and said, "That was stupid, why didn't I eat that?"
    I shoulda rephrased that. You never regret not BUYING food. Eating it once you've bought it, yeah, I can see regretting that. I've woken up next to entire pizzas I don't even remember ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan View Post
    How about Los Perros that place is amazing drunk or sober.
    Where is that? What do they serve? (I'm assuming it's hot dogs?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I have never once woken and thought why did I eat that? It is usually why did I DO x/y/z... stupid drunk things!
    Dude, I wanna party with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Coach, is this the burger king on S Miami Ave? That would be east of La Moon. I'm game for trying any new arepa place though!

Ha ha UTS ... we're all waiting eagerly!
    No WAY. I do my best to always avoid fast food chains. I'll figure the name out next time I am at PAX or Transit.

Well, okay, Pepper's and Pollo Tropical are two favorite drunk places.

Quote Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels View Post
    Christy, alcohol is nothing but empty carbs and the more you put in your body, the more you crave.

Hence the term 'beer munchies'.
    Actually, most alcohol has few carbs, relatively. All the weight that people gain that they blame on alcohol is actually from all the junk food they eat while/after drinking.

At the moment I'm entertaining a bottle of Stella Artios. There is nothing on the label about calories. After looking it up on-line, it's 136 calories.

I guess it's all depends on intake. I'm a pretty fit dude but I like my beer. I also perform a sports activity or two a day and sweat like a faucet. With all that, I've developed a cute beer belly.

The guy that picks up my recicllables probably thinks I weigh 300 lbs.

I have a nice pick-up for him tomorrow and I still have the rest of the afternoon to go.

Name:  reci.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  274.9 KB

That is an impressive trash. All yours?

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Actually, most alcohol has few carbs, relatively. All the weight that people gain that they blame on alcohol is actually from all the junk food they eat while/after drinking.
    Coach, that's absolutely not true at all. As a former personal trainer and nutritionist (not certified, but performed the duties and research, etc.) it boild down to calories. Even drinking light beer, say you go out and have 6 in a night, that's 600 calories. Do that 5 times, thats 3000 calories or basically a pound. So that's 2 pounds a month if you average 2.5 nights out a week. That's if you're only drinking light beer, and only having 6. Your average binge drinker, who drinks liquor, is downing probably closer to 12-1300 calories a nights, which is basically an extra meal.

Essentially, it all boils down to calorie intake. Stop drinking, and you cut out a lot. Not that it stops me, mind you, but the end of the night food is just icing on the already-fattening cake.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Ditto with what Matt said coach and I actually have three certifications; two from AFAA (personal trainer and step aerobics) and Stott Pilates reformer.

Alcohol is fattening as hell. Vodka and Water or white wine probably have the least calories. Alcohol is made from sugar which is nothing but bad carbohydrates and calorically dense.

FWIW, every time I train for a marathon, I crave Budweiser (not lite either) and I always put on 20 pounds. As soon as I stop doing so much mileage, I stop with the Budweiser and drop the twenty almost immediately.

20 POUNDS?! I mean, how?!

Like I've done my share of endurance training over the years, and rarely has my weight fluctuated more than a few pounds in either direction. That's insane. And I'm going to go ahead and guess if you're a female marathon runner you weigh less than me (210), so that's a HUGE percentage of your body weight. Can you explain?

Coach, that's absolutely not true at all. As a former personal trainer and nutritionist (not certified, but performed the duties and research, etc.) it boild down to calories. Even drinking light beer, say you go out and have 6 in a night, that's 600 calories. Do that 5 times, thats 3000 calories or basically a pound. So that's 2 pounds a month if you average 2.5 nights out a week. That's if you're only drinking light beer, and only having 6. Your average binge drinker, who drinks liquor, is downing probably closer to 12-1300 calories a nights, which is basically an extra meal.

Essentially, it all boils down to calorie intake. Stop drinking, and you cut out a lot. Not that it stops me, mind you, but the end of the night food is just icing on the already-fattening cake.
    It's everything..it's the alcohol and then all the late night food. For me especially the next day I eat a giant breakfast. I like the Skinny Girl Margerita, less calories but very few bartenders know how to make it. The Margarita sour mix is loaded with empty calories.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

20 POUNDS?! I mean, how?!

Like I've done my share of endurance training over the years, and rarely has my weight fluctuated more than a few pounds in either direction. That's insane. And I'm going to go ahead and guess if you're a female marathon runner you weigh less than me (210), so that's a HUGE percentage of your body weight. Can you explain?
    Matt, I'm 5'8 and not training (but I run four times a week and weight train), and when I'm in training, I'm always starving to death and my weight always goes from about 145 to 165.

Keep in mind that women carry more fat, I've got a booty. We also have the chest fat that men don't have.

While my body fat is generally low for a female (and my age I'm 46) because I'm an athlete, I still gain it all in my boobs and my stomach.

Aside from about a twelve pack of budweiser on the beach after my long runs, I'm an eating machine.

In the height of my training, I'm only burning about 100 calories per mile or about 4500 extra calories a week. That isn't burning off that twelve pack of bud. My weekly mileage right now is about at 20 miles and when I'm training it goes up to about 45 miles a week.

Now this only happens when I run full marathons. I can crank out a half marathon with little to no training because I'm always running.

Run twenty miles and see how much wings and beer you can knock back.

Oddly enough, the weight drops off within a month.
    Last edited by FredTheCatTravels; 07-12-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Hmm, that's why my favorite exercise is walking my dog, and walking in general. I was an athlete in college and high school (cross country and crew), and my body has had enough! I went kayaking with Ginger the other day just for fun and I'll do a 5K charity run but that's it! If I had endless piles of money I'd do pilates every day-that I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    That is an impressive trash. All yours?
    That was before I swept the table in the lanai and kitchen counter. I did have some help during the week but I'm the main guzzler. It was only a six case week.

The beer belly thing is not a myth. Thats the only place the fat stays.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 07-12-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Mc Donald's is always a good choice! Cheeseburger Baby was my go to spot for the longest time..so good! After I got food poisoning from eating there I'm not going back and haven't had a burger since.

Try Pizza Rustica or Primo's Pizza.
    Cheeseburger baby is the best at 4am lol, cant say ive ever gotten sick from it tho

New place open in Kendall Los Verdes it's awesome check it out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast