Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: Drunk Miami-Dade cop passed out in car in intersection not taken to jail

Default Drunk Miami-Dade cop passed out in car in intersection not taken to jail

Internal affairs is investigating why cops did not arrest a fellow cop who was passed out drunk in is squad car in the middle of a Kendall intersection.

We already know the answer to that question. Because cops are above the law.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/0...ested-for.html

Default Re: Drunk Miami-Dade cop passed out in car in intersection not taken to jail

This does not surprise me one bit. I hope internal affairs actually does something and doesn't make a big show and let him or any other cop slide by with a suspension or something trivial.

Default Re: Drunk Miami-Dade cop passed out in car in intersection not taken to jail

HAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, this reminds me of when I was in Gainesville and some UF football player got caught doing the same thing. He got a 1-game suspension. Sounds fair, right?

Ohh totally fair.

Another day, another corrupt Miami Beach police story. Hope they can find a shop to buy some moral authority at because theirs is pretty much shot.

Maybe his subconscious is telling him to consider another profession...

It says off-duty police officer but at some point he had to be on duty if he was found in his patrol car. If he were just parked legally on the side of the road passed out, I don't think that's a huge problem, but he was in the middle of an intersection. Miami cops seem to get in trouble the most out of any city!

I know in some cities, cops can take their patrol cars home with them at night. I'm not sure what the rules are about that in Miami or Kendall...

i don't know the rules exactly wither - but i DO know that there's a patrol car parked on the street, right down the block from me, every night.

Hey Catt,

Don't worry about it, it's just for added safety. There's always a cop car in front of CVS on Lincoln and Washington for the same reason.

No it might be a cop's personal car. I see a lot of time cop cars from other cities parked on the street, and that's what it is. My friend lives by a Miami Beach cop in Lauderdale, so I see that car when I'm up there. There's also some places in the Beach I see Miami Shores and Hialeah cars. A lot of departments have those as "personal use" vehicales, a kind of perk to the job. They can park ANYWHERE too, totally free. It's pretty cool.

no christy, i mean parked for the night, closed and locked, in front of an apt. building, in the same space every night.

it's a patrol car, painted with "POLICE", has logo's etc. - although i never looked closely to see which city it's from.

but in any case it does appear that it's a patrol car that is permitted to be driven home, and parked at the officer's home when s/he is off-duty.
    Last edited by Catt; 12-12-2011 at 07:48 PM.

They're not passed out, Doug. It's this new way of covert patrolling. Make the bad guys THINK you're passed out. Then pounce.
    Doug and Christy like this.