Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jess
  • 1 Post By CorbinJohnson
  • 1 Post By FredTheCatTravels
  • 1 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: What does your IDEAL Miami Lifestyle look like?

New User

Default What does your IDEAL Miami Lifestyle look like?

Let the top off your marvelous mind, imagine, and describe your IDEAL lifestyle you would love to enjoy everyday all expenses covered.

No Limits.

Do you go to beach everyday?

Mabey you love dancing or intend to learn, and go dancing every night enjoying the amazing nightlife here.

Or perhaps your into personal development, and take advantage of the Beautiful diverse Spanish speaking community here, and learn the language.
    That would sure open up MANY possibilities.

I know I personally will be doing all those things.

Day trips to the Caribbean, and visiting my friends in Nicaragua.

Wake up, kick on some music and have a private bedroom dance party.

Read abit to get smart and mindset on.

Go to the gym and train hard, grab a quick meal to take to the beach pumped up, and get a glorious tan.

Meet some new people and join a game of beach volleyball, then after that go skating a few hours.

Practice Spanish with Locals, and adventurous tourist.

Learn some new skills, Music, art, ECT.

Meet up with some friends for some amazing dinner at our cities many dynamic options.

Then go out and socialize, network, have some laughs, and dance the night away.

And much, much, much more.

One thing I learned about this city, and life in general is it's what we make of it.

Now let's hear what everyone else is interested in for their IDEAL lifestyle.

Don't be shy

Default Re: What does your IDEAL Miami Lifestyle look like?

This is a weird question because reality is reality. Most of us work so the beach is something that Miamians eventually get around to after they've done their weekend laundry and finally may have time to enjoy the beach.

As far as " Miami Lifestyle" maybe you can educate my on that ... I'm just go to Key Biscayne dude. I like many others don't care about style.

Since it seems you're going to Nicaraigua, I suggest you take a 600 mi. flight to San Andres Island. There as well, style means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    This is a weird question because reality is reality. Most of us work so the beach is something that Miamians eventually get around to after they've done their weekend laundry and finally may have time to enjoy the beach.
    Literally what I am doing right now.

My ideal Miami is one with unlimited funds and NO WORK!
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

New User

I understand your point Blackford; reality is what we choose to perceive, and our objectives we set to achieve.

I live in South beach personally by choice, and have the blessing of living walking distance to the beach; so it's something I can do everyday if I desire.

Most work, yes; but the IDEAL is a sense of a goal "Life style" or Life Design.

I'm from Oklahoma, and have had to be persistent on mt dream to live in this Beautiful paradise.

But now that I am here, I choose to keep that dream alive by setting more Goals in regards to quality of life, social Life, Lifestyle, and standard of living.

I hope to learn about more options through this thread and to shine light on oppertunity!

Quick question, I have yet to go over to the Key Biscayne; what some cools stud you do over there Blackford?

Haha

Jess

Unlimited funds and no work?!
    Interesting.

In that situation of unlimited fund, and time freedom....
    What would you do?

Be detailed, paint a beautiful picture with your words!
    Last edited by CorbinJohnson; 08-14-2016 at 11:02 PM.

How long have you been here, Crobin? Just curious.

I think my ideal Miami lifestyle would involve ample beach and gym time, NO time spent in traffic, and lots of people speaking English. That third one will never happen, but maybe a retirement to Delray Beach? I dunno.

I think the "ideal" I had of Miami doesn't exist anymore. It's gotten too big and too interntiontal. I moved here and it was a much smaller city, easier to get around and not as blown up. It was cheaper too. So I guess the ideal Miami lifestyle would be closer to the one I had when I moved here. Who knows.

New User

Matt

Ive been In Miami(Living in South Beach) about a year so far, Spent a month in Sunny isles. Also lived in Orlando 3months, and CocoaBeach/Merritt Island 6months.

So far South Beach is my favorite, I love how Dynamic, stimulating, and the potential it has to craft a way of life I envision.

I like how close we are to the carrabiens, and the rest of the Americas as well, easy Flights.

Sounds fun! Fitness is one of my addictions, I do Bodybuilding, yoga, Performance training, and a bunch of other stuff to stay fit.

What are your fitness goals??

You ever thought of learning Spanish?

Would open up Miami and another 26 or so country's to you, over 450 million people speak Spanish!
    That's another one of my goals become fluent in Spanish for adventure, social, and career purposes.

What makes you want to stay in Miami at this point in your life?
    jwisdom789 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinJohnson View Post
    Matt

Ive been In Miami(Living in South Beach) about a year so far, Spent a month in Sunny isles. Also lived in Orlando 3months, and CocoaBeach/Merritt Island 6months.

So far South Beach is my favorite, I love how Dynamic, stimulating, and the potential it has to craft a way of life I envision.

I like how close we are to the carrabiens, and the rest of the Americas as well, easy Flights.

Sounds fun! Fitness is one of my addictions, I do Bodybuilding, yoga, Performance training, and a bunch of other stuff to stay fit.

What are your fitness goals??

You ever thought of learning Spanish?

Would open up Miami and another 26 or so country's to you, over 450 million people speak Spanish!
    That's another one of my goals become fluent in Spanish for adventure, social, and career purposes.

What makes you want to stay in Miami at this point in your life?
    If I may ask, what do you do for a living that you can move around so much.

My ideal Miami Lifestyle is one where my bicycle is my primary mode of transportation, self employment, and ample time in the water (be it on the beach or in a pool). I'm going to do my damndest to make it happen.

You said ideal lifestyle, so mine was no work and unlimited money. Meaning my actual lifestyle is a lot of work, and limited money cos Miami is expensive. What would I do with my time? Surf, beach, yoga, spinning, eating, netflixing and hanging out with my husband. But I could probably do that better in the Keys.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Mine would also be no work and unlimited money.

I would get up, go spend a long session with my trainer or go for a long run with my husband, spend the day on the boat, then go out to dinner somewhere fabulous.

I would actually prefer to do this on the west coast of Florida instead of South Florida.

However we love going to South Beach for a night and staying in one of the fabulous hotels.

Also, nothing is more decadent to me than a midweek, boozy brunch. I would do many of those.
    Jess likes this.

Oh I do speak Spanish..there's a clip on this site somewhere of me on Sabado Gigante. I just refuse to because I don't want to make life any easier for people who come here and don't learn. And don't feel I should have to learn a language to cater to them. Hence why my ideal Miami would be all in English.

I think most white people who've lived here more than a couple years would agree 100%.
    Jess likes this.

One million times. agreed.

New User

AsunnySnowWoman
    Great start on your IDEAL Vision, you gotta start filling in those blanks now!

You have ideas for what your going to do for your business yet?

I'm also self employed, my business is not very time consuming at the moment; so I'm typically free to travel.

I still got a long way to go and many more ideas and businesses to start, but I'm on my way!!
    I've failed and bumped my head a couple times along the way; but that's how we learn to get better.

I plan to also invest in some rental real estate soon, and start some online business.

Also, my primary transportation is my Longboard

So I like your idea!

FredTheCatTravels,

All that sounds great, I aspire to have a boat as well and do many "boat Stuff", and jetskiis gallore! Which city on the West Coast you looking At?

I got some friends out in Cape coral I want to go visit soon!

Matt,

Bahahhhahaa , you seem like a funny guy :P
    Live and let Live!

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinJohnson View Post
    AsunnySnowWoman
    Great start on your IDEAL Vision, you gotta start filling in those blanks now!

You have ideas for what your going to do for your business yet?

I'm also self employed, my business is not very time consuming at the moment; so I'm typically free to travel.

I still got a long way to go and many more ideas and businesses to start, but I'm on my way!!
    I've failed and bumped my head a couple times along the way; but that's how we learn to get better.

I plan to also invest in some rental real estate soon, and start some online business.

Also, my primary transportation is my Longboard

So I like your idea!
    I wanted to do a kayak rental!
    I own about 7 websites that are in development. Hopefully they will bring in something eventually.