Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Zika Virus in miami Beach

Default Re: Zika Virus in miami Beach

Yeah, its everywhere. Baby died in Texas from it, a few babies have been born with the small head defect (sorry Jess), diagnosis all the way out to California.

The first Jacksonville person with non travel related just tested positive for it.

Today MB was spraying the Mid Beach area so its not just 8th thru 28th as they stated.

Good news though, most of its gone from Wynwood thanks to the residents cleaning up and the spraying.

Use some goddam common sense, people. Jesus. Has ANYONE died from the bug spray in any country, ever? If there have been 68 total cases of Zika out of the 2.8 million people in Dade County, your odds are so astronomically low you're almost insane for worrying about it. Do you walk down the street here? Literally, your odds are worse of being hurt. Do you biciyle? Holy shit do you drive? Again, odds much worse. It's like people who are afraid of something because of terrorsits. Don't let the media scare you, for the love of God. This is easily the most overblown panic I've ever seen. Rick Scott's ineptitude aside, there's a reason congress won't give money for this. Stop buying into media fear, and just live your damn life.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Use some goddam common sense, people. Jesus. Has ANYONE died from the bug spray in any country, ever?.
    Not sure but I've seen it happen in a movie once. LOL !

Matt Meltzer likes this.

That's SLIGHTLY different.

I haven't been keeping track lately but I'll be coming back down to South Beach in a lil under 2 weeks whats the latest and greatest with the Zika Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Steve View Post
    I haven't been keeping track lately but I'll be coming back down to South Beach in a lil under 2 weeks whats the latest and greatest with the Zika Zone?
    Talk has died down on that subject. If you want to track it, you can track it here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/heal...e66790817.html Mosquitos are usually a seasonal thing during rainy seasson.

Later this afternoon we're heading down to Miami for the weekend and take daughter to the circus that's in town. Zika never crossed our mind. Elephants and Tigers - yes !

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    Talk has died down on that subject. If you want to track it, you can track it here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/heal...e66790817.html Mosquitos are usually a seasonal thing during rainy seasson.

Later this afternoon we're heading down to Miami for the weekend and take daughter to the circus that's in town. Zika never crossed our mind. Elephants and Tigers - yes !
    Ah, ya seasonal thing, explains why I haven't heard much about it lately.. Thanks for the link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12