Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: Traveling solo to Miami 1/5/17 to 1/9/17

New User

Default Traveling solo to Miami 1/5/17 to 1/9/17

Hi all,

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Miami (first time visitor) solo from January 5 to January 9 in 2017.

My questions:
    1) Is the weather warm enough to hit the beach this time of the year?
    2) Being that it's the weekend after new year's, is it still gonna be pretty lively on South Beach? Or is it gonna a less busy than usual (at the beach, nightlife, etc)?
    3) I am leaning towards staying at the Clevelander - is this a good place for a male traveling solo in his 30's (I am open to partying hearty)? Or will the demographic here be mostly people in their early 20's, making me feel way older than I am? If this place skews too young for me, any suggestions on more appropriate hotels for me to stay at?

Thanks

JME

Default Re: Traveling solo to Miami 1/5/17 to 1/9/17

Hi JME, welcome to the forums. In order...

1) the weather is typically beach-worthy that week. But you never know, we also get cold spells then that come though so there's no guarantees. But plan for it.

2) There will still be people going out, of course, it does slow down a little but remember we still have a ton of locals and plenty of hotel space. It won't be like new Years crazy, but that's probably a good thing.

3) The Cleve is great. not quiet, but great. You'll love it, and if you don't you're right in the middle of the action so you can walk or take a short cab ride to other spots that might be your speed. the age range is all over the place, so you won't feel aged out.
    Jess and jwisdom789 like this.

The beach in January should be perfect but I agree, check the weather before you come just incase the evenings go down to the 50s.

New User

Thanks Matt and Jess! I really appreciate the info