Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackford Oakes
  • 1 Post By Matt Meltzer
  • 2 Post By Jess

Thread: Merry Christmas to all

Default Merry Christmas to all

Each year, it takes longer to get in the spirit. Not this year. I'm doing my best to make it a White Xmas and challenging myself to find a place in Big Bear. I'll go at it awhile or stick with Ojai. Leaving tomorrow

Wish all here a Merry Christmas, or a Tis the season to be Jewish. Happy Holidays !

Name:  DTMC.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  33.3 KB
    Asunnysnowman likes this.

Default Re: Merry Christmas to all

My friend had a Make Christmas Great Again sticker on his santa hat yesterday. When did Christmas stop being great?
    Marc Middleton likes this.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    My friend had a Make Christmas Great Again sticker on his santa hat yesterday. When did Christmas stop being great?
    My question as well.

It's like saying, "Let's make booze great again!".

When did America stop being great?! That was always my issue with his campaign. Like, f**k off dude, this country was great to begin with.

What's great about it ? I happen to think it's better than most and it was better when nobody was afraid to say " Merrry Christams/" Go to Macy's and management retali staff trained not to say the MC word. No clue why not ? .... their annaual sales depend on Christmas to a tune of over 35%.

We've lost purpose in other aspects. We rank in the low 20's in math and sciences. We send a man to the moon, but today an American Astronaut has to llaunch from Russia to to replenish the International Space Center. We know bitch over silly stuff like where can we go to a bathroom or be lax and let people vote because aquiring a valid ID is an act of siscrimination.

We are great but not as we once we're. " Make America Great Again" is slogan I would have signed off on as an ad guy. It sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    We are great but not as we once we're. " Make America Great Again" is slogan I would have signed off on as an ad guy. It sold.
    It makes people harken back to a 'simpler time'..you know, before equal rights and all. And those people voted in droves for him and he was able to suppress the vote well in states that mattered (he actually got less votes in Wisc but she got far less votes).

America is great and is MUCH greater than it was when I was a kid. The things we can do now are amazing and can't wait to see what the future holds. Hopefully cooler heads can prevail in congress (McCain, Graham, others) and will keep this 'person' in check so he doesn't turn the clock back 20 years on our progress.

Oh, and it was your party that made a big deal of the bathroom..and the Gov just lost because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    It makes people harken back to a 'simpler time'..you know, before equal rights and all. And those people voted in droves for him and he was able to suppress the vote well in states that mattered (he actually got less votes in Wisc but she got far less votes).

America is great and is MUCH greater than it was when I was a kid. The things we can do now are amazing and can't wait to see what the future holds. Hopefully cooler heads can prevail in congress (McCain, Graham, others) and will keep this 'person' in check so he doesn't turn the clock back 20 years on our progress.

Oh, and it was your party that made a big deal of the bathroom..and the Gov just lost because of it.
    The bathroom issue is something that go way too much attention. Trust me ! It's not a big deal for me. I wrote my opinion on unisex bathrooms here before, and it was progressive.

Here is me in action at Jetty Park attending a real bathroom issue. Had 5 hours before a shuttle launch to kill. The bathroom in the concession were worse. I worked out that situation as well. We had a picnic setup in front of these bathrooms. While everyone complained, I took the iniative What does the party I voted for have to do with anything ? You can cookie cut.

I get what you mean from an ad perspective, Blackford. That slogan was catchy, and he won. So hard to argue with that. But to say America isn't great is an asinine comment. We don't manufacture like we used to because we've MOVED ON. We now lead the world in tech innovations and the like, leaving manufacturing to less developed countries. Coal? Seriously? We're gonna make America great again with Coal? That's like saying you're going to fix traffic by going back to horse-drawn buggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I get what you mean from an ad perspective, Blackford. That slogan was catchy, and he won. So hard to argue with that. But to say America isn't great is an asinine comment. We don't manufacture like we used to because we've MOVED ON. We now lead the world in tech innovations and the like, leaving manufacturing to less developed countries. Coal? Seriously? We're gonna make America great again with Coal? That's like saying you're going to fix traffic by going back to horse-drawn buggies.

Were still great. So was the Roman Empire 400 years afrer Christ's death. Ten year's later, it was gone.

It might be heard to grasp and understand this country is buckling, especially if you live in Miami Beach or it's environs. I'd argue MB is ground zero and testiment to that fact of decline.

Maybe I'm more concerned than others while others bask in " greatness." There is a noticable decline that can't be denied. The backbone of this country is the health of the middle class. If you argue it's more stable or better as it was 30 years ago, you're a fool. College graduates can't get jobs they were trained for and and the majority have debts over $100,000 at the age of 21/2.

The fracture started at our learning institutions. Teacher's dictate instead of inquiry with the student class. Saw this fissure occur years ago and it alarmed me ... then we get to today. College campuses today are a joke. No longer a place to investigate. It's spoon fed Gulag stuff and where PC is STILL allowed to thrive Education is the vital core to a country's future. It's been a total failure last 30 years , including at my alma mater.

Ya, we're great country ... but our county's decline is so obvious and clear. Hopefully that trend changes and we get a modern version of " Happy Days Are Here Again" I know that was FDR's slogan, but even after Truman, we were at an apex of greatness. It's declined ever since. and replaced by people watching on Lincoln Road and thinking we're great. ... and even sexy.

Never in my lifetime have i witnessed my country so divided. It's gotten to a point that some Rockettes ( f them ) refuse to perform at an inagural.

Don't think I have to expand further. We're a divided nation like never before. If you think these our best days and we're greater, good for you ( fool ).

#makeamericagreatagain Our last hope !
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 12-31-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Matt: As far as traffic woes , maybe one day we'll travel about like the Jetson's with Astro in tow.

Amazon is already into that sht. By the time it reaches Miami, it'll be called Alibaba Air.

As for Marc's claim Miami is great and diverse, you can't get decent Ramen or Punjab in Miami. Lamajune doesn't exist in Miami ( Matt, chime in ) nor strawberry tamales.

This was my America 40 years ago. Miami only has declared a "Little Havana" and " Little Haiti" Amomg that, almost 30 Latin American cultures serving the variations of the same thing , visitors from the N and Europe taking advantage of a geographical position with sun.

Miami is not diverse until to are able to decipher the contrasts of settlers from Latin America. That's were Miami get's really interesting. Locals think it's a fungible grouping and call them " hispanics." It's much more thsan that. Luckily my hispanic heritage is Costa Rican and that gets me easily accepted in Miami society. Oh, I forgot about Little Managua,. I can't say I'm a Tico there. I know the game. For most. a mojito mash thinks thast means " inclusion"

Tons of clashing diosyncracies in Miami many not aware of. Scandanavians settled by frigid lakes with their differences and build corporations and almost perfect credit scores,

Bottom line, Miami doesn't represent America. If it did, we have to recognize we're third world. It's definitely a a fun place that some can sustain themselves here jiving about. Certainly a place to get jaded and get totally tuned out.

I'll get brush back on this. No problem.

As far as Christmas, it's a matter of dilligence and research on how past presidents commerated this day.

I like the idea the president-elect is saying Merry Christmas. We're still way off to understanding it's significance. Maybe someday ..... and I can be nonecular if I want to and go along. I'm that that cheesy guy, nor one that thinks were at a great point as a country.

Is it unamerican I sound alarm and not conform to mediocracy while everyone else has ?

Happy New Year & Good Luck.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 12-31-2016 at 01:37 PM.