Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default I have a question.

In 1997, my family went on a trip to Miami. We stayed what was at least then called The Wyndham Hotel in Miami. (I am not to sure if Wyndham still owns that hotel.) Now, to the best of my knowledge, there is a mall located at the bottom of the hotel with a movie theater and other shops.

does anyone know about this mall? Is it still in existence? What stores are or were in that mall?

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: I have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannooch View Post
    In 1997, my family went on a trip to Miami. We stayed what was at least then called The Wyndham Hotel in Miami. (I am not to sure if Wyndham still owns that hotel.) Now, to the best of my knowledge, there is a mall located at the bottom of the hotel with a movie theater and other shops.

does anyone know about this mall? Is it still in existence? What stores are or were in that mall?
    Are you sure you aren't thinking about the Hollywood Beach Resort? It's a bit of a white elephant and is the only other hotel I know of with a mall at the base.

They Wyndham during that time was in Miami Beach around 41st Street. Not large enough to have a mall but a very nice hotel.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels View Post
    Are you sure you aren't thinking about the Hollywood Beach Resort? It's a bit of a white elephant and is the only other hotel I know of with a mall at the base.

They Wyndham during that time was in Miami Beach around 41st Street. Not large enough to have a mall but a very nice hotel.
    Maybe, it's been almost 20 years so I am not sure. I know I stayed at a Wyndham Hotel. The hotel had 20 floors (technically 19 because the hotel didn't have a 13th floor due to 13 being an unlucky number).

A hotel with a mall and movie theater? Sounds very Vegas and fun. Usually Miami doesn't have anything like that due to no basement floors and lack of space.

Was it downtown or in Miami beach? There are some hotels downtown that have malls at the base, maybe that was it.